General Laurel and Hardy figure discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had not gone back to this thread since the news broke and now I can see why. I actually posted I felt sorry for big thief studios earlier in the year. Now I'm even more angry. If only I had a TARDIS to go back and give myself a healthy five across the eyes for that sentiment and cancel that phantom pre-order.

:confused: :angryfist::angryfist::angryfist::cry:

I cannot convey how much I was looking forward to this set. And unlike Dr. Who, these will never happen again, not that they ever did in the first place.

That sucks!

I hate companies going out of biz. People lose jobs.

Sucks. I am beginning to see preorders as scams as companies don't have to deliver the product they promised.

I lost tons of money from Dorksde toys and what pissed me off, was all the toy reviews who shilled for them, NEVER warned the public. Not ToyNewsi, ToyArk, Fwoosh....all stayed silent and those are toy "NEWS" sites.

Many customers didn't know and couldn't get their money back.

that's effed up, feel sorry for the company their employees and of course us as customers :-/ one of the only few located in europe. They started in 2011 i think. Liked the James Bond figs a lot... farewell Big Chief Studios >.<

F*ck! These were the only figures I was looking forward to.
According to Timewalker Toys all these figures are cancelled:

BCL-905361 Laurel and Hardy 1:6 Box Set
BCL-910589 Twelfth Doctor 1:6 Figure
BCL-910588 Eleventh Doctor 1:6 Figure
BCL-910587 Tenth Doctor 1:6 Figure
BCL-910586 Ninth Doctor 1:6 Figure
BCL-907654 Sixth Doctor 1:6 Figure
BCL-906259 Fourth Doctor - 1:6 Figure
BCL-907665 Lady Penelope Figure
BCL-907666 Captain Black 1:6 Figure
BCL-907663 Captain Scarlet 1:6 Figure
BCL-907653 The Master Roger Delgado 1:6 Figure
BCL-905482 Commander John Koenig 1:6 Figure

Sean

This is just the tip of the iceberg. We must remember that the knock-on effects of the type of lockdowns
we had in 2020 and 2021 don't fully manifest until years later. A news report today on the tremendous uptick
in suicides is indicative of that. Hard, hard times are coming and I, for one, must rethink how much more deeply
I want to go into this collectible figures hobby.:unsure:

This is just the tip of the iceberg. We must remember that the knock-on effects of the type of lockdowns
we had in 2020 and 2021 don't fully manifest until years later. A news report today on the tremendous uptick
in suicides is indicative of that. Hard, hard times are coming and I, for one, must rethink how much more deeply
I want to go into this collectible figures hobby.:unsure:
Where my thoughts are as well.

View attachment 654991

This is not good news....anyone got further information about this?
I had my misgivings about BCS quite a while ago, It was made pretty clear on here by the BCS rep that my opinions were not wanted, so I decided to not post any more on BCS pages. I was generally following some of the BCS topics on here, just shaking my head most of the times.

27 pages. I emailed 27 pages of documentation to big thief studios for the near $500 they pilfered. I hope if/when people get anything back they can share the news and spread a little sunshine here.

Not to beat a crooked, poorly managed horse, but apparently I had a reminder in my email snoozed for today for the L&H figures that we were assured would be released this month in a lengthy email from big thief, along with in progress clothing pics.
Main Factory (human)
  • Commander John Koenig - September
  • Laurel & Hardy Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy Box Set - September
  • Doctor Who Fourth Doctor Definitive Series - Q4 2023
  • Doctor Who The Master (Delgado) - Q4 2023
  • Doctor Who Sixth Doctor - Q4 2023
  • Doctor Who Captain Jack Harkness - Q4 2023
  • Doctor Who Ninth Doctor Definitive Series - Q1 2024
  • Doctor Who Tenth Doctor Definitive Series - Q1 2024
  • Doctor Who Eleventh Doctor Definitive Series - Q1 2024
  • Doctor Who Twelfth Doctor Definitive Series - Q1 2024

Oh, the pain. :pow
unnamed.jpg

unnamed (1).jpg

Well, my bank gave me back over half the money I forked over to big thief. I'm re-submitting the claim with documentation this time to attempt to get the remaining $200 USD. I cannot complain as others lost all, but will still hold out hope for the remainder. :pray:

Back