General Laurel and Hardy figure discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been told it's waiting on the correct materials for the outfits, among other delays, which I think I've posted before. Really hope these get released this year.

Last edited:
Now I'm being told, by BCS, September of this year. They're still citing lockdowns and quarantines and delivery blockades and other issues in the Galactic Empire.

Last edited:
Big Chief:
Dear Customer,
It has been a while since our last production email and we know that you guys are well overdue an update. We have heard you and you are not being ignored, we promise you.
So why are the products taking so long?
When can you expect the next pre-ordered items?
What will the next pre-order figure(s) be and what date will the pre-order commence?
All perfectly reasonable questions. So let me do my best to answer them…
So why are the products taking so long?
As I feel sure many of you know manufacturing across numerous industries is still very much suffering from the effects of the global pandemic. The multitude of knock-on problems have ranged from supply chain constraints, governmental restrictions on energy usage, labour issues, increases in material costs, vastly increased freight charges and ongoing lockdowns in China.
More excuses I hear you cry. Fact is the effects of COVID 19 are still very much a reality for most companies, including tech giants who are unable to secure sufficient chipsets for their computers, smart devices and game consoles; even the car industry is struggling. The Chinese government’s zero-COVID policy is according to WHO (World Health Organisation), not sustainable and is creating more problems than solving them.
For many this is difficult to accept given that here in the UK we are largely through the worst effects of the virus and life has all but returned to normal. So, it is understandable that people will question the validity of apportioning blame, but the simple truth is there for anyone who watches the news.
Throughout the latter half of 2021 when our vendors should have been completing our James Bond Dr. No and Flash Gordon figures, the factory was reduced to operating to only two working days a week due to restricted access to energy. This resulted in extending the production lead-times even further, eventually completing the goods just prior to Chinese New Year only this year.
Our figures are manufactured at a factory that also produces figures for several other sixth scale companies including industry leaders Hot Toys. Any delay will result in a knock-on effect to not only Big Chief’s, but also other companies’ production schedules. It stands to reason those losses suffered by vendors need to be covered as quickly as possible, meaning the factory prioritises larger production runs over smaller volume orders. Niche brands such as our licenses inevitably suffer.
Coupled with yet more delays due to local lockdowns, only last month our factory was forced to closed their doors for a week, due to an outbreak of COVID in their area.
When can you expect the next pre-ordered items?
We know how eager you all are to receive your collectables. I promise you no one is keener to deliver our products than the Big Chief team. We are not happy about increased delays and having to go into detail about the issues we face.
Our vendors are currently working on the following figures…
Peaky Blinders Tommy Shelby
Peaky Blinders Arthur Shelby
Laurel & Hardy Stand Laurel and Oliver Hardy Box Set
Doctor Who Fourth Doctor Definitive Series
Space 1999 Commander John Koenig
The next figures due for release will be the Peaky Blinders, with the Fourth Doctor and Commander Koenig following shortly after. Tommy and Arthur are on track to be shipped by the end of August. Stan and Ollie shipping by the end of November, with the Fourth Doctor and Koenig by the end of December. The Gerry Anderson figures will follow Chinese New Year in 2023.
I have included several pre-production images showing costumes and first shots. Please bear in mind that these are not final and should not be judged as final by any means. Rather more I wanted to show you that production is very much underway, albeit at different stages.
What will the next pre-order figure(s) be and what date will the pre-order commence?
Simply put we are holding off on any new sixth scale pre-orders for the time being, preferring to concentrate our efforts on production and to clear as much of the backlog as possible. We understand how frustrating it is for customers having to wait, only to receive news of further delays. We can only apologise and assure you that we are working to deliver your products as quickly as we can.
Yours sincerely
Mark and the Big Chief Team
stan-laurel-costume_14.jpg
oliver-hardy-costume_15.jpg

"Stan and Ollie shipping by the end of November."

Depending on how you look at it, Christmas is either coming early or REALLY late. :LOL:

From BCS this morning via email response:

Currently we do not have a specific release date, and it is more likely to be Q1 2023 for these figures, as we are still getting delays in China. Which we are not happy with as we just want to get these figure out to you and other customers as soon as we can. It is very frustrating and like you we are not happy with the delays.

Ok, so maybe a Valentine's Day present.:(:slap:love

This morning, via email, from BCS ... "They're to start production in November along side the Fourth Doctor, it is roughly taking 4-5 months to complete in manufacture, so will be looking around April 2023."

Jesus! What a joke. 5 years?! I thought Hot Toys were ridiculous with their long production times. BCS should call it a day.
It does appear to be a massive misstep on these. Not sure if this is "par for the course" with BCS on taking so long to deliver. In the long term I'm hoping to be grateful for the wait in that the end products will benefit from the extra time and care. I will be upset if they push back farther than next April.

I’m referring to when they first started talking about it — like the start of this thread. Tease it for 2 years, then take another 3 to (maybe) get it done, is ridiculous.

I’m referring to when they first started talking about it — like the start of this thread. Tease it for 2 years, then take another 3 to (maybe) get it done, is ridiculous.
Wow. Tomorrow will be exactly 5 years from the first post about these, that is kind of crazy. You start to wonder if you should make adjustments to your will in case these ship posthumously. :unsure: :LOL: 💀

Oliver Hardy smiling is very lifelike. The sculptor obviously has great respect for the comedy legends. These are better than their Bond figures. Hope they paint them better.
fb_img_1517976081366-jpg.392031

I would like to see more vintage classicsView attachment 392031⁴ like the Irish McCalla Sheena.
Irish McCalla Sheena, would be great, as well as other pulp/serial movie heroins.
Any (Novel/Comic/or Film) incarnation of Rima (predates even Tarzan)
Nyoka
6yvoaf.gif

Lady Zorro
6yvnsv.gif

Also posted in a few of other Big Chief figure threads, worth repeating here too
A line for the original action-hero Douglas Fairbanks Sr. greatest characters:
FP6vxY_X0AE9snC

And of course more of the comedy characters
Chaplin (Looks like "Star Ace" has one coming
Keaton
Lloyd
Marx Brothers etc.
6yvq88.gif

6c0a8e.gif

Maybe Laurel and Hardy should be painted in Gray instead of color?
Love the Gray-Scale options.

Last edited:
Irish McCalla Sheena, would be great, as well as other pulp/serial movie heroins.
Any (Novel/Comic/or Film) incarnation of Rima (predates even Tarzan)
Nyoka
6yvoaf.gif

Lady Zorro
6yvnsv.gif

Also posted in a few of other Big Chief figure threads, worth repeating here too....
FP6vxY_X0AE9snC

And of course more of the comedy characters
Chaplin (Looks like "Star Ace" has one coming
Keaton
Lloyd
Marx Brothers etc.
6yvq88.gif

6c0a8e.gif

Love the Gray-Scale options.
I would love Marx Brothers (but that would be quite pricey) and a W. C. Fields, but I think that to be highly unlikely. Although I would prefer color, like Laurel and Hardy will be (some day).

Something about that Star Ace Chaplin seems off, the hat and face are odd. Their recent Bela Lugosi Murder Legendre suffered from proto to production judging by the early review video I've seen.

I would love Marx Brothers (but that would be quite pricey)
Yeah maybe just the main three, few celebrate the fourth guy anyway. :lol
and a W. C. Fields, but I think that to be highly unlikely.
Nice! Though add My Little Chikadee counterpart Mae West, similarly marketed as a set would be sensational. Would this gen. even recognize the two?
"A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her." - W.C. Fields
"When I'm good, I'm very good, but when I'm bad, I'm better." - Mae West
^
6z0fgm.gif

6z0g4d.gif
Something about that Star Ace Chaplin seems off, the hat and face are odd.
Maybe they went with to harsh a frown, (although there is also an alt grinning head sculpt) seems a bit to extreme, maybe a more playful neutral smirk works best for Chaplin.
6z0h95.gif

Last edited:
Yeah maybe just the main three, few celebrate the fourth guy anyway. :lol

Nice! Though add My Little Chikadee counterpart Mae West, similarly marketed as set would be sensational. Would this gen. even recognize the two?
"A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her." - W.C. Fields
"When I'm good, I'm very good, but when I'm bad, I'm better." - Mae West
^
6z0fgm.gif

6z0g4d.gif

Maybe they wen't with to harsh a frown, (although there is also an alt grinning head sculpt) seems a bit to extreme, maybe a more playful neutral smirk works best for Chaplin.
6z0h95.gif
There seems to be enough recognition to get some "fairly obscure to the younger generation" figures made (e.g. L&H, Peter Sellers, Chaplin) ... Fields would be about as recognizable as those and many living comedians have commented about his work, like John Cleese, so I'm holding out hope one day for a quality 1/6 figure of him. The Marx Brothers seem more of a slam dunk comparatively, and a quality statue of Groucho has already been made by Infinite Statue (that I own and love) so it shouldn't be re-creating the wheel to get at least him produced, to test the waters.

I would buy a set of Marx Bros., Chaplin, Buster Keaton figs without even a second thought. I'd even go for a Clara Bow or Mary Pickford!

Back