General Laurel and Hardy figure discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m not one for bobble heads, but they looked pretty good! Thanks for the video..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How are you Geronimo? I guess you're looking forward to getting these just as I am.

How are you Geronimo? I guess you're looking forward to getting these just as I am.

I’m finally getting back into the swing of things after laying low for a while. I hope you are well!

I AM looking forward to Stan and Ollie...the sculpts look great and I’m surprised that they nailed the hats! Remember the Kumik Chaplin hat fiasco?!

I agree with the post above that said that this generation does not appreciate their humor. I believe the reason is that their attention span is limited. The shorts do move somewhat slow compared to the fast, 3 second pace of today. But...if they give them a chance, have some patience, they see what geniuses these fellows were! And genuine, and lovable, and friends...something we lack in seeing these days..

The sculpts look fantastic but Big Chief will murder them with **** poor paint, crap bodies, and the worst tailoring in the industry and then charge three times what they are worth

:gah:

Yeah no confidence these will be that great at all- the sculpts are wonderful

I assume you bought their Bond figures, right? I didn’t buy them, but they look pretty good in pictures. Did they mess up on production?

I hope they don’t with these, because the sculpts look good..

Same thing, multiplied 10 times worse with molecule 8 Lennon. Original sculpts looked good, but they can’t seem to produce!

The sculpts look fantastic but Big Chief will murder them with **** poor paint, crap bodies, and the worst tailoring in the industry and then charge three times what they are worth

:gah:

I assume you bought their Bond figures, right? I didn’t buy them, but they look pretty good in pictures. Did they mess up on production?

I hope they don’t with these, because the sculpts look good..

Same thing, multiplied 10 times worse with molecule 8 Lennon. Original sculpts looked good, but they can’t seem to produce!

I don't understand. What have Molecule 8 got to do with these? That Lennon figure is not even released yet.

Yes I bought a bond figure. Yes it was terrible. I bought their Sherlock Holmes figures too and they were also very bad. Wasted money. One of the only 1:6 figure companies where the used market price is very low. What does that tell you? I am not buying to sell but I did want to get rid of these when I had them. I bought four over the months and years in the hope they would improve. They did not. I really want these figures too but no more. I will wait for sculpts on ebay.

Like I said before, I think the sculpts are amazing but I wish any other figure company in the world had this license.

I don't understand. What have Molecule 8 got to do with these? That Lennon figure is not even released yet.

Yes I bought a bond figure. Yes it was terrible. I bought their Sherlock Holmes figures too and they were also very bad. Wasted money. One of the only 1:6 figure companies where the used market price is very low. What does that tell you? I am not buying to sell but I did want to get rid of these when I had them. I bought four over the months and years in the hope they would improve. They did not. I really want these figures too but no more. I will wait for sculpts on ebay.

Like I said before, I think the sculpts are amazing but I wish any other figure company in the world had this license.

Well, let me clarify. What happened with Molecule 8 was that originally, they displayed a sculpt with an incredible likeness to Lennon done by a great sculptor. They accepted preorders based upon that sculpt. They then started showing renderings with diminishing detail as they went along. It’s also been a year, and still no prototype or no figure. I sure hope that doesn’t happen here.

I didn’t buy the Bond figure, but was tempted based on the prototypes. I thought the pics looked good, but I guess the final figure didn’t meet the mark, huh? I haven’t kept up on him...

Also very interested in any updates, hope these still are in production.

Been on my wish list forever and expecting maybe too much for this release, but what has been shown absolutely looks wow.

So fingers crossed and a lot of patience ready.

I just got to see this wonderful film last week. I was really looking forward to seeing it the moment I heard they were starting production. Both John C Reilly and Steve Coogan did excellent work in their portrayals of Stan and Ollie but I think Coogan was just outstanding as Stan.

Just a really enjoyable film and it's nice to see a film that dosen't rely on CG.

As to the figures... Here is an update and some pics of the painted sculpts.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?id=211090075568561&story_fbid=2433984356612444

I agree on the movie Jungle! First time in a long time a movie has relied on dialogue, emotion and story...

Thanks for the link!

I just got to see this wonderful film last week. I was really looking forward to seeing it the moment I heard they were starting production. Both John C Reilly and Steve Coogan did excellent work in their portrayals of Stan and Ollie but I think Coogan was just outstanding as Stan.

Just a really enjoyable film and it's nice to see a film that dosen't rely on CG.

As to the figures... Here is an update and some pics of the painted sculpts.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?id=211090075568561&story_fbid=2433984356612444

I'm a comedy fan, especially classic comedy. Just discovered the Infinite Statue series collection and have a Groucho on its way, still looking for Stan and Laurel "Honolulu Baby." I had no idea these figures were in the making. SO EXCITED about these. A definite buy! Maybe other classic comedians are a possibility ...
marx-brothers-curtain.jpg

Back