General Grievous Pre-order - we need confirmation SS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re

:lol

Sorry, TB. I didn't mean to rub it in. We may receive the newsletter later, but chances are we won't. :mwaha :mwaha

Re: re

Remember your brothers in arms dudes!!! :poke

Yeah, when I saw that new TV spot with Grievous saying "Curse them", I kept thinking to myself how much he is going to rock

I thought he said "CRUSH THEM!!!"

re

Grievous' dialogue from The Art of Revenge of the Sith book, which includes the screenplay.

INT. BRIDGE - TRADE FEDERATION CRUISER

GENERAL GRIEVOUS: Crush them! Make them suffer!

dialogue

Hey- what's going on? I purchased the "Art of" book for Revenge if the Sith- and it does NOT include the screenplay, as the book for Episode II did. I also saw no listing for a separate edition. Where did you find a copy with the screenplay? I had to buy the digital e-book edition of the screenplay, and my computer won't allow me to print it...

re

I bought mine yesterday afternoon in Guildford Waterstone's bookstore.

It is written by J. W. Rinzler and says it includes the screenplay by George Lucas on the front cover. On the reverse cover it reads 'Also in this volume is the only published version of the official Episode III screenplay by George Lucas'.

Art of ROTS (Amazon UK)

Very strange that mine has it, and yours doesn't. :dunno

300!!!!:thud

I guess I might have to pass on GG after all. At such a low number I just know I'll end up missing it. :(

The piece,IMO, just doesn't look as good without the cape.

I thought he said "CRUSH THEM!!!"

GENERAL GRIEVOUS: Crush them! Make them suffer!

:eek: Oops, I guess he did. Time to go watch it again.

I just watched it again, and I did see one more interesting tidbit: When Grievous is dueling w/ Obi-Wan he indeed doesn't have his cape on. That is the scene that the SS statue is taken from, so it is indeed accurate without the cape. The Utapau base looks identical to the scene in the film! SS really hit a home run with the Grievous piece.

I realized the same thing the other night when I finished the book elwood. I still think I want to try for the cape though, but I guess this fact will keep me from being heartbroken if I miss out.

So without giving too much away, how is the book/story?

I know a good bit about the film, but I think I might want a few things to remain a suprise. I haven't read anything prior to Eps. I and II, but I might read the screenplay for this.

To be honest elwood, my lips are sealed. The book is awesome and I would definitely recommend it to anyone even if you want to wait until after the film to read it. Stover that wrote it is an amazingly talented writer. Basically it is divided into 3 sections. The first section is the opening of the film, and the last section I had to read in one sitting because I just could not put it down.

Most of the noteworthy things to pass along would all be major spoilers and I don't want to ruin it for anybody. ;)

1st 300 get the exclusive....?

Well, I better get my point and click finger ready then. :lol

Well, I better get my point and click finger ready then
How quickly things change when SS announces an exclusive of 300.:lol

Your response from the other thread:

If this piece is really $450.00 then there is no way I'm getting it. It's crazy for them to expect the collector to spend this much on a piece on a character we don't even know yet.

People flamed me for saying the price wasn't that high, and now everyone wants one.

Back