1/6 General 1/6 X-men thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Longshot, but does anyone know where I can grab a headsculpt from the newly released Dr. X figure?
Ive had a headless Xavier custom sitting on my shelf for 2 years, and I always was hoping that Toy Anxiety would break this one down eventually, but it looks like now that they won't.

Contact us on Facebood: FigureMasters Toys
toys (1 of 1)-18.jpgtoys (1 of 1)-19.jpg_DSC5407.jpg_DSC5406.jpgdoctorX promo shot 04.jpg_DSC5286.jpg_DSC5290.jpg

The chair looks just like the one CGL released with their Professor X figure.
Does the FM version need any assembly?
The CGL version did that’s why it’s wobbly.

The WJL/WorldBox Wolverine Origins set arrived yesterday.

I had the original bootleg outfit from Headplay a few years back, but this new one is an improvement. The jacket is a nicer quality material and the jeans are weathered.

Was expecting it to arrive with body and clothes separate, but he was pre-assembled in a comfy foam tray in a proper slip-cased box. Just like a regular figure release, albeit headless.

I used Eleven's sculpt.

jTtxGXh.jpg

The WJL/WorldBox Wolverine Origins set arrived yesterday.

I had the original bootleg outfit from Headplay a few years back, but this new one is an improvement. The jacket is a nicer quality material and the jeans are weathered.

Was expecting it to arrive with body and clothes separate, but he was pre-assembled in a comfy foam tray in a proper slip-cased box. Just like a regular figure release, albeit headless.

I used Eleven's sculpt.

jTtxGXh.jpg

You get it from OSK?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Can we finally get some licenced figures of these characters now that Disney owns them all? Or are they just going to reboot it all and completely forget about them?

I grew up with the original X-Men film and it's what got me into Marvel stuff to start with. I'd hate for them to just be forgotten because of the comic book purists.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Just because Disney owns Fox now doesn’t mean they now have likeness rights they didn’t have before.

I expect to see OG figures come out down the line now that Disney has the rights. I expect to see more wolverine, mystique and Deadpool tbh

Can we finally get some licenced figures of these characters now that Disney owns them all? Or are they just going to reboot it all and completely forget about them?

I grew up with the original X-Men film and it's what got me into Marvel stuff to start with. I'd hate for them to just be forgotten because of the comic book purists.

Disney may have bought Fox but nothing is finalized yet. May take a few years to transition the licensing. And depends on how stingy Disney reacts. They may just shelve the X-men franchise and pump out their dumb down version.

I think that Hot Toys has never viewed characters from the original trilogy as worth a carrot given that Logan and Deadpool are the only ones they've ever done in 18 years.

If Disney reboots (and personally I'd rather have a soft reboot since most of the X-men have barely been developed. Hot Toys will never go back to the older movies now.

Disney may have bought Fox but nothing is finalized yet. May take a few years to transition the licensing. And depends on how stingy Disney reacts. They may just shelve the X-men franchise and pump out their dumb down version.

You mean reboot the xmen? Cause they definitely aren’t shelving the xmen.

The heroes you need, are not the heroes we deserve.

I think that Hot Toys has never viewed characters from the original trilogy as worth a carrot given that Logan and Deadpool are the only ones they've ever done in 18 years.

If Disney reboots (and personally I'd rather have a soft reboot since most of the X-men have barely been developed. Hot Toys will never go back to the older movies now.
Well, don't forget, they actually did a prototype for First Class Xavier, so I think there is interest in the X-Men.
xavier.jpg

They do finally have many of the classic X-men in the next movie, although rumours of delays do not bode well. If Marvel makes a successful movie then maybe it might jump start something but we got Logan from the Wolverine and nobody from Days of Future Past, which was well received.

I hope Marvel doesn't break stride with the X-men. They could recast if they wanted but the X-men require no origin story, much the same as the Hulk. As long as they don't use characters that have died, without explanation, and cast adults, not children as the core X-men that have featured to date, there are plenty of X villains they could use even if Magneto and Mystique never appeared again.

That said, making Aunt May 'hot' and putting Peter back at school clearly rebooted Spiderman again so it could go either way.

It's not as if the X-men are not as popular as the Avengers. I'm sure Cyclops is as popular as Hawkeye for example. There must be some other reason why they made the choice not to bother.

Back