1/6 General 1/6 X-men thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I already preordered the soosoo from KGHobby. I really wanted the sideshow but I didn?t like the short haired head because of the ears and I felt the price was a bit high. The soosoo was a much better head in my opinion and the price was a no brainer.

Discussions and pics are in the SSC gambit thread. Here are some comparison pics I posted from that thread.
bcec34f59f2dcdbf2c8c7178bbfe8e64.jpg

8c4c66ef50d336aefc4aefaa47226272.jpg

35ca4da72971b0899788a5f593ddf41f.jpg

064cbbffebab519059cafd180f5e388d.jpg

Both have some great qualities so it?s really just your own personal preference.
I think the soosoo has a bit of a Brian Austin Green look with a bit of Hugh Jackman thrown in.
ee89ec6cec6560cb0b0a49e937e616ca.jpg

865d8de37efb0abbb45fe85c62a99f5b.jpg

The SSC sculpt looks more like Seann William Scott.
1956c8347dec8f51f0eea3fc06ad60d8.jpg

f59f696f5feaf5b7e261ebcadff450c9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I already preordered the soosoo from KGHobby. I really wanted the sideshow but I didn?t like the short haired head because of the ears and I felt the price was a bit high. The soosoo was a much better head in my opinion and the price was a no brainer.

Discussions and pics are in the SSC gambit thread. Here are some comparison pics I posted from that thread.
bcec34f59f2dcdbf2c8c7178bbfe8e64.jpg

8c4c66ef50d336aefc4aefaa47226272.jpg

35ca4da72971b0899788a5f593ddf41f.jpg

064cbbffebab519059cafd180f5e388d.jpg

Both have some great qualities so it?s really just your own personal preference.
I think the soosoo has a bit of a Brian Austin Green look with a bit of Hugh Jackman thrown in.
ee89ec6cec6560cb0b0a49e937e616ca.jpg

865d8de37efb0abbb45fe85c62a99f5b.jpg

The SSC sculpt looks more like Seann William Scott.
1956c8347dec8f51f0eea3fc06ad60d8.jpg

f59f696f5feaf5b7e261ebcadff450c9.jpg

SooSoo destroys sideshow, it's not even close. I was a SooSoo nay sayer not that long ago but after getting their psylock and ice man figures and seeing what they got on pre-order coming up, they're destroying the competition right now.

SooSoo destroys sideshow, it's not even close. I was a SooSoo nay sayer not that long ago but after getting their psylock and ice man figures and seeing what they got on pre-order coming up, they're destroying the competition right now.

I really want to like the sideshow because I know it will fit perfectly into the line they started. I know the quality to expect and the materials will look similar and therefore streamline. Things I am wary of with the soosoo are height and paintwork. Will it be tall enough for Gambit and will it look good with my other X-men? This is a big gamble when purchasing from a third party company. Some figures tend to be the right height and build but others even from the same company can be too short. Toys era the Ock is just such a figure. Alfred Molina is 6?2? but the figure came up way too short. Overall a great figure but there can be trade offs with mixing and matching other companies. Regardless I prefer the look of the soosoo and preordered it but I?m crossing my fingers till it gets here.

Did I read somewhere they said Rogue was next?? Hope so. PO'd Gambit

I was hoping the same thing. Either Sideshow or SooSoo Toys. With Sideshow now making figures with TBLeague, I would expect a few X-Men female characters: Rogue (as a piece to go alongside Gambit), and likely Storm and Jean Grey. Pretty exciting time to be an XMen fan in 1/6...

Went with SooSooToy's Gambit. Way better than Sideshow and only for $150.

They said on FB that you can't have Gambit without Rogue so they're most likely doing her. They also asked what version of Wolverine everyone wants so that's also probably gonna happen.

Really happy that they're doing the X-Men. Disappointed with what Sideshow put out with theirs. A $250 Cyclops and Wolverine figure with no angry second sculpt is such a terrible decision.

Went with SooSooToy's Gambit. Way better than Sideshow and only for $150.

They said on FB that you can't have Gambit without Rogue so they're most likely doing her. They also asked what version of Wolverine everyone wants so that's also probably gonna happen.

Really happy that they're doing the X-Men. Disappointed with what Sideshow put out with theirs. A $250 Cyclops and Wolverine figure with no angry second sculpt is such a terrible decision.

You can always expect bad decisions, ugly figures and overpriced products when it comes to sideshow.

I really want to like the sideshow because I know it will fit perfectly into the line they started. I know the quality to expect and the materials will look similar and therefore streamline. Things I am wary of with the soosoo are height and paintwork. Will it be tall enough for Gambit and will it look good with my other X-men? This is a big gamble when purchasing from a third party company. Some figures tend to be the right height and build but others even from the same company can be too short. Toys era the Ock is just such a figure. Alfred Molina is 6?2? but the figure came up way too short. Overall a great figure but there can be trade offs with mixing and matching other companies. Regardless I prefer the look of the soosoo and preordered it but I?m crossing my fingers till it gets here.

I definitely hear you, it is a gamble but I think we have a much better shot with soosoo at this point. I used to be a big fan of toys era and didn't like anything soosoo was doing. As time went on, toys era quality started to drop and at the same time, soosoo started making better quality figures and much needed characters we weren't getting anywhere else. I was very concerned when photos came out for soosoo ice man, it looked way too tan and the blue ice wasn't accurate at all. Luckily I still bought one because holy ****, in person it's amazing. The ice is the right color and the likeness is way better. Now I know, when soosoo releases images of their figures, they use filters and **** to make it look better but that can have negative effects on how we are seeing it. In person, ice man stands accurately next to dofp wolverine and it doesn't look out of place at all. Even the ice base it comes with is crazy and must weight 3 lbs by itself. I have complete confidence in their future x-men figures as of now, I hope gambit proves me right.

I've wanted to make a custom 1/6 X-Men movie team since 2011 and now I'm finally getting around to it. Plan to make Jean, Rogue, Angel, Gambit, and Jubilee/Kitty share a body (for now).
4523ba23818d75b108165634fe2a5189.jpg
e93140fe610d6e5fb882a6d57ef28828.jpg

Sent from my A001SO using Tapatalk

Nice lineup! That Beast is great! Is that the medicom Wolverine outfit or the marvel select?

Nice lineup! That Beast is great! Is that the medicom Wolverine outfit or the marvel select?

It's the Toys Era Laser Eye suit. Gonna properly paint the piping yellow soon. It was white for an Iceman custom (head and hands you created for us many years ago in fact) but when Toys Era released one I repurposed it for Beast.

Also, a better lit Nightcrawler shot:

2795464151c32d3ef03948088f86828d.jpg
b6c1a42d178471d48364e013009a7f19.jpg

It's the Toys Era Laser Eye suit. Gonna properly paint the piping yellow soon. It was white for an Iceman custom (head and hands you created for us many years ago in fact) but when Toys Era released one I repurposed it for Beast.

Also, a better lit Nightcrawler shot:

2795464151c32d3ef03948088f86828d.jpg
b6c1a42d178471d48364e013009a7f19.jpg

Well done sir. Looks awesome. Thanks for remembering the work of the ancients. Lol Great way to repurpose.

I'm surprised no one's posted about these yet, but I received the CGL First Class Magneto and Xavier figures with the blue/yellow jumpsuits a few months ago. I briefly opened them up when I first got them and finally had a chance to take a closer look.

Out of the box, they're rather disappointing- the bodies are too skinny/short, the tailoring feels cheap in places and is too fitted to the smaller body, Magneto's head is tilted too far forwards, the Magneto sculpt has the wrong hair and an uncharacteristically meek expression... there are a lot of issues. There are a few positives though- the paint work on both sculpts are quite good/realistic (the new Xavier actually looks better than the last CGL McAvoy Xavier figure, which was already pretty good), and the Magneto helmet looks fantastic (though it's diecast and can't be used on the existing head).

Here's a photo from a quick pose session with these two figures. I gave Magneto small ankle extensions so that he's taller than Xavier, but the pants are too short to cover up the lack of ankles. Fortunately, you can only see that if you're at shoe level (larger ankle extensions become more glaringly obvious).
cgl xmfc.jpg

First Class is my favorite X-Men movie (after supplanting X2), and I absolutely loved the classic blue/yellow outfits (especially when Magneto wears the gray helmet), so I'm glad to be able to add these figures to my collection. They're not perfect and will require some further mods (especially with the Magneto head sculpt/helmet situation), but when posed well with proper lighting (shadows really help bring out Magneto's likeness), these figures look really great. Not Hot Toys level, but much closer than some other third party figures I've seen (I'm looking at you, Toys Era).

Where did you get Magneto from? I’ve seen Charles in stock and in review videos, but Erik is only up for pre-order everywhere.
I know the specs say the helmet isn’t wearable. But paint damage aside, does it look pliable enough to stick on anyway?
Thanks!

Where did you get Magneto from? I’ve seen Charles in stock and in review videos, but Erik is only up for pre-order everywhere.
I know the specs say the helmet isn’t wearable. But paint damage aside, does it look pliable enough to stick on anyway?
Thanks!

I preordered Magneto from OSK, and it shipped out in late January. I know Justin did a video review of Xavier, but I haven't seen any other videos.

The helmet is solid diecast metal and isn't pliable at all. It looks like it could fit on the head with some minimal trimming on the side of the head though. It gets stuck near the ears, and it may even be possible to force it as is, but I'm not chancing damage to the head sculpt just yet.

For what it's worth, the red plastic helmet from the new Sideshow Magneto figure is smaller than the one that comes with this figure, and that won't fit without heavy modifications to the head.

I think I?m pretty much done with my X-Men collection (unless a proper Jean comes out. I also do have a kitbashed Emma Frost that?s half done) and have since moved on to just MCU figures, but I?m happy with the little group of mutants I do have.

114D0792-89CB-412E-BB04-DFE84624EF8D.jpg

Back