1/6 General 1/6 X-men thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! I’m commissioning someone to make me a Phoenix outfit for my Jean since I can’t find the one that exists. And I’m waiting for a head sculpt to come in to make Rogue.
Currently have an Emma Frost half built as well.

Are you going to repaint the piping on Rogues uniform or just leave it as is?

I'd love a Hellfire Club set or the Marauders. A Danny Trejo sculpt would make a great Scalphunter.

I'd love to see your Jean outfit. I'm going to need spare uniforms for Jean, and the X1 characters who never appeared onscreen in uniform - Polaris, Psylocke, and Dazzler (Taylor Swift?). If you've managed to source some decent uniforms, hook me up ;-p

Right now, she?s in a jacket and pants instead of a jumpsuit. A *little* closer to her X2/X3 look.
It was originally a leotard that I just cut the crotch part off and paired it with a basic pair of black pants and boots.
The boots are pretty shredded right now though from posing. But with me wanting to put her in the Dark Phoenix look, I?m going to be getting her new boots anyway. Seems almost impossible to find brown boots though! May just get black ones and paint them.
If I could find proper X uniforms, trust me, I would be over the moon and would definitely share, but no such luck yet.
(Bit of an awkward angle, sorry!)
1B130A34-9EC0-470C-9ACE-53B3890CE1F5.jpg

Right now, she?s in a jacket and pants instead of a jumpsuit. A *little* closer to her X2/X3 look.
It was originally a leotard that I just cut the crotch part off and paired it with a basic pair of black pants and boots.
The boots are pretty shredded right now though from posing. But with me wanting to put her in the Dark Phoenix look, I?m going to be getting her new boots anyway. Seems almost impossible to find brown boots though! May just get black ones and paint them.
If I could find proper X uniforms, trust me, I would be over the moon and would definitely share, but no such luck yet.
(Bit of an awkward angle, sorry!)
View attachment 486317

Clever! That looks really good though. Her hair is looking good too. I'm tempted to get mine a rehair. The uniform is certainly more than a good look for one of the 'non canon' nineties X-men that didn't appear in the first trilogy, probably Psylocke. The uniforms change from movie to movie anyway. I always go for screen plausible over screen accurate.

I think the paint app on this head has a mouth that is slightly too narrow again, although nowhere as bad as the CGL one. Famke has a really broad smile. You can even see the rest of her mouth in the sculpt. If you can slightly flatten the line of the lips so they reach the edge of the mouth, I think she'd look even better. I wish I had more skill at teasing out the likenesses or any painting skills at all. The Iceman figure looks like the love child of Sean Ashmore and Ray Liotta. There must be something I can do there.

You can also soften the features by adding a bit of eye shadow. Green inkwash is not a bad choice. Then you can add a tiny bit of shadow at the outer edge of the eyes to give the illusion of extended lashes. I like using the inks because they wipe off easily and even after they dry you can tidy them up with a toothpick but they don't always look clean really close up.

I’m a little scared to extended the lips just because I’m worried to mess up. I need to get some magnifying glasses or something. I will try that eventually.

I’m fine with the eyes though. I don’t want to really give her any eyeshadow since she never really had much makeup in the films.
I actually use pastels to do shading. Unfortunately she got very red from the hair dye so I went over it the other day to make her more ‘pale’. Still have to go back and add more depth.
I like this shot a little better.
4A09DAAE-BC9A-493E-8A09-C5E875052EAC.jpg

I’m a little scared to extended the lips just because I’m worried to mess up. I need to get some magnifying glasses or something. I will try that eventually.

I’m fine with the eyes though. I don’t want to really give her any eyeshadow since she never really had much makeup in the films.
I actually use pastels to do shading. Unfortunately she got very red from the hair dye so I went over it the other day to make her more ‘pale’. Still have to go back and add more depth.
I like this shot a little better.
View attachment 486322

I know exactly what you mean. I printed out loads of reference pictures before attempting anything and even then the end result is just better than before rather than good. :-D. I've never tried pastels but a lot of people seem to. Maybe I should try them. Which ones do you use?

Lol well, I think what I have is a big step up from what she looked like before. It’s hard to photograph but she looks better in person. I actually went back and redid her lips last night and it did make a difference for sure.

Lol well, I think what I have is a big step up from what she looked like before. It’s hard to photograph but she looks better in person. I actually went back and redid her lips last night and it did make a difference for sure.

Cool! Yeah I recall looking at the original figure when I was deciding which one to buy. She was my second Xman figure after Magneto and I dithered quite a bit. In the end I took some promo pics from the movies and promo pics of the figures and did that layers thing using gimp where you fade the top layer and see how close the features matched. Photos tend to be less forgiving because the right shadows can really help tease out a likeness. If the flash is too bright my figure looks like a pretty good Julie Newmar!

If I do eventually do a re-hair, I might just send her away for a new paint job as well and hope she comes back looking better rather than worse! Uniforms are more important than perfecting the face though and I'm way behind sorting those, although I do have spare windstorm parts as a result of my efforts so far.

Hopefully someone does a proper Famke sculpt.
I’d still like to get my hands on the CGL Phoenix sculpt, but no such luck.

If I decide to upgrade I'll let you know but I think your skill with pastels far exceeds my skill with ink and her hair rivals the worst Covid 19 home hair cuts.

Hey guys does anyone have the X-wolf worldbox and WJL toys they want to sell. Its from the x-men origins version (not logan) thank you

Look who's finally getting a figure! Soosootoys knows where it's at! Would've appreciated a bald head too though, but still great to finally get her in some form!
sst-016p8__94043.1592860375.jpg

Just paid my invoice to TNS for the Toys Era Creature. Who knows how long it will take to get here now. I get some things from China in a couple of weeks. Some things I'm still waiting for after 3 months.

Just paid my invoice to TNS for the Toys Era Creature. Who knows how long it will take to get here now. I get some things from China in a couple of weeks. Some things I'm still waiting for after 3 months.

Oh wow, that's already shipping. I was hoping to see SooSoo's version before making a decision, as I liked their head better.

Finally got my shipping notice from OSK for Beast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw a video review, it looked like it came out pretty good.

Rumours swirling Hot Toys will have a Josh Brolin Cable at Sideshow's event or ACGHK.

I saw that on FB too. It'd have to impress me pretty good to considering replacing the TE Mechanical.

I saw a video review, it looked like it came out pretty good.

I saw that on FB too. It'd have to impress me pretty good to considering replacing the TE Mechanical.

Can you share the link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back