1/6 General 1/6 X-men thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like FM has a better sculpt
06174504f1483aca9215a6a50248e282.jpg
d6c54a1858a8ea580bf02f89f8e94d24.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

Thanks cloud. I should be getting mine today. Looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish the movie design had stuck with Mystique not having eyebrows, but rather having her scale texture in place of eyebrows.

I think they both have good qualities. Neither is spot on as far as features but the essence of the character is there in both just different expressions.
88fe62e7be610a7a8015a2aee06a74ac.plist
fb46e001331a5e1e481e04086e49a97a.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i tried telling soosoo toys on facebook that the color of their ice pieces is too blue and got attacked by a bunch of rabid fanboys lol. i even posted a youtube video showing all his ice up scenes but they didnt care. toys eras ice pieces was a lot more accurate to the movies especially dofp. in the older movies iceman looked slightly more blue in some scenes.

Think the Mystique body used above is way to busty, the head sculpts look really good. I'm liking SooSoos Iceman the normal sculpt is light years better than the Toys Era one to me and I like the different costume although it's still a little bland especially after the recent Nightcrawler, Cyclops, Mystique costumes which really pop on the shelf.

I guess the vibe from DOFP was a bit dark so the costumes reflected that plus they are generally more 'real world' than comic book, whereas the recent releases although based of the last scenes of First Class are much more in the comic book styel

Think the Mystique body used above is way to busty, the head sculpts look really good. I'm liking SooSoos Iceman the normal sculpt is light years better than the Toys Era one to me and I like the different costume although it's still a little bland especially after the recent Nightcrawler, Cyclops, Mystique costumes which really pop on the shelf.

I guess the vibe from DOFP was a bit dark so the costumes reflected that plus they are generally more 'real world' than comic book, whereas the recent releases although based of the last scenes of First Class are much more in the comic book styel

The dofp normal head doesn't look anything like the actor

Maybe not in your opinion but in my opinion it does, internet is all opinions and head sculpts are all 'eye of the beholder' type thing which I thought you would have realized by now and I did qualify my comments by saying 'to me' it looks better, in the obvious vain attempt to hopefully avoid the usual reply's of 'no it doesent'

While I don't think its the greatest likeness, I think that it does resemble the actor- especially at certain angles.

icecomparison.jpg

I do feel it is superior to the X3 version from Toys Era for sure. I think if Toys Era were to tackle him again though it would likely be much better given how good their last few figures have been.

-James

Back