1/6 General 1/6 X-men thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my standard edition Cable (Mechanical) in today, and I gotta say it's pretty awesome! It looks great, all the details are there on the weapons, accessories and his body, plus the face is fairly close to Brolin's. The presence is really there when all is said and done, and once you get him fully stocked up (though there aren't instructions with the one I got so I had to base where to put things off of promo pics)

Only things I'd knock points off of are the arms only being single jointed to about a 90 degree bend (But you can get them into some decent gun holding positions), the ankles are kinda weak (though there is some decent articulation despite the boots being one piece), the magnet doesn't work to well on mine (Then again not using it too much) and the poncho/cape is not the easiest to pose with, severely lacking in any sort of wire to help with posing.

Overall I'd give it a 7.5-8 / 10 . A pretty good figure, especially for the price, and it's going to be the best 1/6 Cable you can get on the mass market. I know there's another, kinda, but the head for that alone cost around what this whole figure does, so I'd say you're better off with this.

Keyboard Warriors mentioned the human arm is kinda crappy too. Think it's possible to pull a better arm off another figure and swap it? I've never done body part swapping like that.

my thoughts are similar... honestly I didn't even like the head too much. It's OK but it has a large cranium and the Jin head is way better and I was happy to see it did not look underscaled on him.

I think the body is fantastic human arm included everything looks top notch. what you sacrifice in articulation you gain in aesthetic so I'm happy with that.

Agree the poncho is tough to work with, I tacked a lot of it down with fashion tape to look OK. Also agree the magnet just doesn't work at all.

the only other gripe I have is that I think his pants are a bit too MC Hammer looking. Robbiethepainter tailored his on his Instagram. He might have made them a bit too snug but they look way better. I'm going to try wrapping and tucking them into the boots maybe to tailor them at the lower legs.

The boots also suck. Someone please find some better military real leather ones and post a link for me because I'm lazy lol.

image.jpeg

Where is she ?
As much as i love to hear all their upcoming stuff an update on this figure is long overdue.

Talking about customs, here is some of my project...Eva Green as Wanda Maximoff aka Scarlet Witch. Hope to get her traditional suit soon, but while...
sw.jpg
sww.jpg
20190126_161041.jpg
22.jpg
23.jpg
20190126_150318.jpg
2_.jpg
25_.jpg

Freezer arrived and he’s actually pretty great! Body is def improved from Laser Eye. X-Men display is really starting to take great shape but the glaring hole in the collection is def a Famke Jean Grey and Rebecca Mystique- come on figurearts/toys-era finish our team!! Honorable mention to Anna Rogue Taylor Gambit and cant WAIT for figurearts to finish Kelsey Beast!41122361-BBB4-42C4-B62C-C55910B3B2D5.jpg

Freezer arrived and he’s actually pretty great! Body is def improved from Laser Eye. X-Men display is really starting to take great shape but the glaring hole in the collection is def a Famke Jean Grey and Rebecca Mystique- come on figurearts/toys-era finish our team!! Honorable mention to Anna Rogue Taylor Gambit and cant WAIT for figurearts to finish Kelsey Beast!View attachment 442656

Awsome picture!!!!

Does anyone know where or how to track down A CGL Phoenix girl?? I just NEED a Jean in my collection but this figure seems to be impossible to find now even on eBay

Does anyone know where or how to track down A CGL Phoenix girl?? I just NEED a Jean in my collection but this figure seems to be impossible to find now even on eBay

She was an odd one.
When she was first released she didn’t sell well.
Eventually places started selling out,not sure if it was because
Places sold her on sale or maybe she didn’t have a big release.

Been sitting on this one for a while. Didn't know which way to go with the head at first. This fits with the rest of my collection. This is on one of the smaller TBLeague teenager bodies. Just a quick comparison of size with Rogue. Jubilee obviously has wider stance, furthere back than Rogue and not wearing high heels.
20190210_065448.jpg
20190210_070503.jpg

Last edited:
My toys era The Freezer arrived today i have to say for the price its a really nice figure.
The human head i thought id hate but in hand it looks so much better infact ive displayed it with that head and i never though i would do so i take back what i said before, dont get me wrong its not 10/10 but more or a 7/10 than the 2/10 i was expecting, the ice base is such a nice piece i hope their upcoming storm comes with something similar.
The frost effect on the hands is excellent.

Bad points there could be a black under suit as his body shows between jacket and trousers when posing which is a bit mehhh
The ice head could have frost effect like hands do
Human head a little more likeness.

Im happy with this figure and look forward to what other xmen figures 2019 have coming up.

Back