Gears of War 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to see more 2, and even 3 tiered levels.....definitely more environmental hazards like the train in Tyro Station and the Kryll in Bullet Marsh...I'm sure a rogue Berzerker in a level would be great to lure towards your opponents.

Removal of stupidly cheap weapons like the Hammer, and maybe a reduction in power of the Boomshot, or a longer loading time for it. The removal of host advantage should have been sorted out on this one months ago, and a 4 player campaign co-op is a must.

Maybe more varied frags, maybe incendiary or flashbangs.....oh and a flamethrower weapon would be nice :D

I'd like to see more 2, and even 3 tiered levels.....definitely more environmental hazards like the train in Tyro Station and the Kryll in Bullet Marsh...I'm sure a rogue Berzerker in a level would be great to lure towards your opponents.

Removal of stupidly cheap weapons like the Hammer, and maybe a reduction in power of the Boomshot, or a longer loading time for it. The removal of host advantage should have been sorted out on this one months ago, and a 4 player campaign co-op is a must.

Maybe more varied frags, maybe incendiary or flashbangs.....oh and a flamethrower weapon would be nice :D
Those all good points Tyrant, but if there's one weapon that is ridiculously overpowered it's the shotgun. I agree the Hammer of Dawn should be taken and there should be more multi-level maps.

Agreed with the shotgun, it's a tremendous weapon but it's power can sometimes be wildly erratic. Certainly it should stay but be weakened. The chainsaw is a weapon that needs a counterbalance, maybe if you could clash saws with saws? Although button hammering in the middle of a firefight might be a bad idea....melee attacks need to be weakened to the same strength as a hammer of dawn melee hit...i.e. 4 or 5 hits to whack someone down rather than 2, as with the Bow or Longshot.

Oh and for campaign mode I'd like to see this as a prequel to the 1st game.....maybe we'll see the original assault of the Locust, the story behind Marcus' emprisonment and the whole trial thing.

1) The chainsaw is a weapon that needs a counterbalance, maybe if you could clash saws with saws? Although button hammering in the middle of a firefight might be a bad idea....

2) melee attacks need to be weakened to the same strength as a hammer of dawn melee hit...i.e. 4 or 5 hits to whack someone down rather than 2, as with the Bow or Longshot.

3) Oh and for campaign mode I'd like to see this as a prequel to the 1st game.....maybe we'll see the original assault of the Locust, the story behind Marcus' emprisonment and the whole trial thing.
1) I like that idea, I also think that the ability to swing it around and hack off a limb would be cool. Also make the player doing the 'sawing' vulnerable to attack, not invincible during the animation.

2) The Torque, Longshot, Boomshot and Magnus are all too powerful when it comes to melee, as you said, they all need to be evened out.

3) That would be awesome, I'd love to see what happened on 'Emergence Day' and what exactly Marcus did to be imprisoned.

Agreed with the shotgun, it's a tremendous weapon but it's power can sometimes be wildly erratic. Certainly it should stay but be weakened. The chainsaw is a weapon that needs a counterbalance, maybe if you could clash saws with saws? Although button hammering in the middle of a firefight might be a bad idea....melee attacks need to be weakened to the same strength as a hammer of dawn melee hit...i.e. 4 or 5 hits to whack someone down rather than 2, as with the Bow or Longshot.

Oh and for campaign mode I'd like to see this as a prequel to the 1st game.....maybe we'll see the original assault of the Locust, the story behind Marcus' emprisonment and the whole trial thing.

I don't agree on lessing melee attacks. If I have a sniper riffle and someone charges me with a shot gun I'll have NO chance to melee them 4-5 times before they blow me away. I think 2 is perfect.

I think that the melee should be weakened but have a knockback as well, if you can whack them and push them away it'd give you enough time to change weapons.

I think that the melee should be weakened but have a knockback as well, if you can whack them and push them away it'd give you enough time to change weapons.

It would have to knock them way back....I mean if someone is pumping a shottie at you at even semi-close range you're gonna be toast more times than not.

Alright then, how about a melee knockdown than a knock back, enough time for you to get off your mark and run like a big girl, or pull out a close range weapon and get some.

Maybe include a way of knocking off frag tags as well.

Back