Gbeef's Danger Room (WIP)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where did you get the cabinet that has the statues in it? It looks great with the lighting. I'm trying to find something now that I can use for either my 12" collection, or Marvel statues.

Ive finished pulling the wires im just on clean up now, i have to install the pot lights then wait for an inspector to so up to check my wiring.

In the down time ive sat down and design the cabinet at the back of the room(it will be built into the wall. and will hold more statues BOWEN and SS VS stuff possible my full size bust 1:1. at first i was going to design the cabinet with doors on the side. Then i thought i better bulid it for an expanding collection. so ive added to 2 more glass displays on the sides. The whole display will be glass shelving 12mm tempered and the doors will be 8mm tempered.

here are some shots of what im planning on buliding if you anyone has ideas i would like there input.

cabinet_concept.jpg

Last edited:
Darth Loki said:
Where did you get the cabinet that has the statues in it? It looks great with the lighting. I'm trying to find something now that I can use for either my 12" collection, or Marvel statues.

The cabinets are IKEA, it was the "blonde" with glass doors and glass sheving(you may want to get glass cut to hold larger stuff) I think the shelfs are like 6mm :confused: the lighting in the back clip onto the glass shelving so i get light throughout the display. not just the top. Im Ditch the unit as my GF is talking it over for here collectable stuff. hahhaha and upgrading as you see above!

Awesome--- unfortunately my basement is a no go for now or I'd love to tackle what you've got going on. Please keep us in the loop.

I just wanted to thank gbeef....after seeing your inprogress pics, I will be doing some work this weekend, lol. I'm going to cut out three alcoves in one of my basement walls: left and right will house my PF Hulks and the center will most likely house the rest of my SS Marvel PFs/Comiquettes.

That's the easy part...the hard part is moving the two FULL custom cabinets, 55" TV and sofa/loveseat.:google

10-23-06049.jpg

NIceee threeonesix, get ready to get DUSTY! buy some tarps and plastic. haha When i saw you collection my jaw dropped. I do have one question about your shelving.. the custom ones.

what thickness of glass are you using? also what are your shelf units made out of (consturction wise) specific wood and paint or laminite application?

gbeef said:
NIceee threeonesix, get ready to get DUSTY! buy some tarps and plastic. haha When i saw you collection my jaw dropped. I do have one question about your shelving.. the custom ones.

what thickness of glass are you using? also what are your shelf units made out of (consturction wise) specific wood and paint or laminite application?

Thanks for the compliments....although those pics are from October of last year and the collection has grown...along with the CC bill, lol.

To answer your questions:

Glass is 3/8" or 12mm
Units are made from 3/4" MDF. The back is 1/2" MDF. Trim around the front is 1 X 2 and 1 X 3 Poplar. I'll have to look up the specifics on the paint tonight, but it's a semi-gloss latex in black, silver/gray and white.

Havent posted in a month heres an update of whats going on. right now ive finished DRYWALL!!! thank god and my house is Dusty as HELL i have white dust everywhere!... I'm now into priming stage and have finished the first coat for the niches and walls. WOOT!...

Next up. Install the primed nich boards, and install the Drycore flooring. its a subfloor to keep my basement floor nice and warm.

Here are some more progress pics. my drop date for the project to be finished is end of may. Ill try and update more often as the drastic changes are coming!..

Heres ashot of the fracking drywall.
drywall.jpg

Heres some shots of mudding and sand... this is where it get messy!
mudding1.jpg

mudding2.jpg

And finally heres some shot of the first prime!!
primer.jpg

primer2.jpg

I hope to have more pictures this week!.. and i have to deciede what color to paint!!!?? any suggestions for wall colors?

Last edited:
Awesome... I can't wait to see the final result! It's nice to see displays that really compliment these peices without just throwing them onto a shelf.

niches.jpg

Heres a shot of the niches installed. Everything worked out great just a quick update. If i have time the drycore flooring should be going in this weekend. Woot!

Last edited:
I guess I shouldn't have painted my basement metallic grey with a dark metallic copper ceiling. :eek:

Back