Gatchman News

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BAck in 2001 I picked up the Choshingokin Unifive 8" diecast God Phoenix. This was the first release version that came with the 18" fiery phoenix outershell. This model is exquisite with an insane amount of detail.

It has opening hatches where the vehicles dock into the Phoenix, retractable landing gear, center bird missle that raises out of the body, the working exhaust ports and the Center Neptune display base.

gat39.jpg
Where did you get it and can it still be found!?

It is awesome and I must have one!!

Ive just bought Mark and Jason for $20 each and paid $63 for the Cool Girl
Did you find those on Ebay Mooncat?

that Phoenix is very cool. I like the "fiery phoenix" shell that snaps over it.

Thanks papa-alpha-charlie, this "fiery phoenix" really helps to add to the nostalgia aspect of this collectible. It adds another dimension to this already fantastic model. Here are some more pics :)

gat4.jpg

gat7.jpg

gat8.jpg

gat5.jpg

gat6.jpg

Where did you get it and can it still be found!?

It is awesome and I must have one!!

The ill Jedi - I bought this item many years ago when it was released. I can't remember where from sorry as it was over 6 years ago.

The model I have is the first issue of the God Phoenix, it was re-released a little later with a different shade of blue and it came with a replica of Mark/Ken's Razor boomerang instead of the "fiery phoenix" shell.

Here is the second release on Ebay Auction.

Hope this helps
cheers :)

Holy crap! How did I miss this thread??? :google

Favorite cartoon ever, and the Unifive Godphoenix is my favorite toy ever. Anyone looking for the original dark blue release may have some trouble. I got mine in 2004 and it was $265 shipped on ebay, which was the only place to find them at that point (I think it came out in 2001; second version in 2002).

That clip had me ready to shoot through the roof. Cannot wait to see this.

2735945263_4ea72c17af_o.jpg

:drool:drool:drool

As far as I know the Gatchaman film is no longer being made. Imagi, the studio producing the film, is probably going to shut down after they finish Astroboy. I had several friends who were just let go from the studio.

This is unfortunate as I REALLY want to see a Gatchaman film. Eventhough I'm an animation guy, I think I would prefer to see this film in live action. Come on Wachowski's, make it happen.:D

As far as I know the Gatchaman film is no longer being made. Imagi, the studio producing the film, is probably going to shut down after they finish Astroboy. I had several friends who were just let go from the studio.

This is unfortunate as I REALLY want to see a Gatchaman film. Eventhough I'm an animation guy, I think I would prefer to see this film in live action. Come on Wachowski's, make it happen.:D

What?
I thought they were doing quite well.......and they have already done quite a bit of work already....won't it all go to waste?

Sigh....

could there be life left in the Gatchaman movie? I hope so-

https://twitchfilm.net/site/view/cg-fied-joe-asakura-revealed-in-gatchaman-poster/

Over the past weekend at the 2009 Tokyo International Anime Fair, someone who attended the event has taken a snapshot picture of a poster on display for Imagi Studios’ Gatchaman from the Tatsunoko’s booth and posted it up on a Japanese Gatchaman fan’s blog. It offers a first CG-fied look at Joe Asakura, the second-in-command of the superhero ninja team and although I’m not all too familiar with the original series, I must say the character design on him looks really cool.

As far as I’m aware, it seems the current status of the action animated film remains uncertain. There were reports a few months back on the financial problems affecting Imagi and there is still no official word of a director onboard after Kevin Munroe (TMNT) dropped out during production last year. Personally, my fingers are crossed that the project doesn’t fall into development hell and everything pans out.

A release date has been set to 2010.

pic from the blog here-

https://gatchakan.blog26.fc2.com/blog-entry-17.html

:banana

Looks like we're getting a Gatchaman/G-Force (not that Guinea Pig crap :monkey4) movie after all, in CGI. Looks BAD ASS!!! :rock

Teaser Trailer

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/DqxIS-oyXwQ&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/DqxIS-oyXwQ&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>​

Back