Gatchman News

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LordAzrael

Origins Kurgan Crusader
Reaction score
Not sure how many had heard about this - not one but TWO upcoming Gatchaman projects.

The first, and most certain, is the animated project by Inami who did the recent TMNT film for release in 2008. Details are on their website and you can find a trailer on You-Tube

Original press release here

the other news is that a live action version has also been green-lit - obviously that will take some time to make it to screen.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...e-gatchaman/cite-live-action-movies-green-lit

i'll watch anything by Takashi Miike :D He is my hero next to Kurosawa

I have spent many hours in Tokyo toy stores looking for "Battle of the Planets" merchandise. A geisha in Kyoto (no kidding) kindly pointed out that the show was known as "Gatchaman". Nevertheless, I couldn't find any statues or toys from the series - it was all Neon Genesis Evangeleon, Transformers, Gundam and Sailor Moon stuff, aside from the occasional statue of a schoolgirl or maid waitress flashing her panties!!

Hopefully this revived interest will spawn some cool statues and 12" figures.

Cuddly Vampire said:
I have spent many hours in Tokyo toy stores looking for "Battle of the Planets" merchandise. A geisha in Kyoto (no kidding) kindly pointed out that the show was known as "Gatchaman". Nevertheless, I couldn't find any statues or toys from the series - it was all Neon Genesis Evangeleon, Transformers, Gundam and Sailor Moon stuff, aside from the occasional statue of a schoolgirl or maid waitress flashing her panties!!

Actually I already have Mark, Jason & Princess in 12" glory - Mark & Jason are Medicom RAH's (the cheap versions) and Princess is a Cool Girl.

PrincessJun.JPG

gatchamanjoe.JPG

gatchamanken.JPG

LordAzrael said:
Actually I already have Mark, Jason & Princess in 12" glory - Mark & Jason are Medicom RAH's (the cheap versions) and Princess is a Cool Girl.

PrincessJun.JPG

gatchamanjoe.JPG

gatchamanken.JPG

Excellent figures - I will have to start scouring ebay for these.

There's been talk of a live action of this for a while, awesome, hope to see it make it all the way to the theaters!

Poster:

hrgatchamanpostertu3.jpg

New Gatchaman Concept Art
Source: Felix Ip August 1, 2008

Imagi Animation's creative director Felix Ip has posted new concept art from Gatchaman, which Warner Bros. Pictures will release in theaters.

Gatchaman is set in a future world grappling with environmental and technological issues. The story focuses on five reluctant heroes whose remarkable genetic code makes them Earth's only hope of defeating extra-terrestrial invaders.

You can view the art by clicking the logo below!

g-logo.jpg

G-utoland-01.jpg

G-car-trace.jpg

G-galactor-invasion.jpg

i would just love a nice 7 zark 7 figure..I know medicom did everyone else and there are some really good phoenix's out there but they are pricey!!

I have spent many hours in Tokyo toy stores looking for "Battle of the Planets" merchandise. A geisha in Kyoto (no kidding) kindly pointed out that the show was known as "Gatchaman". Nevertheless, I couldn't find any statues or toys from the series -...

it already has: Magi Announces Distribution Agreement with Hot Toys for Gatchaman and Astro Boy Toys

IMAGI Animation Studios (IMAGI) today announced that it has entered into a licensing relationship with Hot Toys Ltd. (Hot Toys) for collectors' action figures based on the studio's next two CG-animated feature films, Gatchaman and Astro Boy. Under the agreement, Hot Toys will design, manufacture and globally distribute highly detailed 12-inch models of the principal characters in the two movies.

:banana

i would just love a nice 7 zark 7 figure..I know medicom did everyone else and there are some really good phoenix's out there but they are pricey!!

A little trivia for you. Did you know that 7 zark 7 only exist in the Americanized version of the show. He was added to make the show more kid friendly and substituted for the more violent or mature scenes.

I can't imagine HT version of these. I will definitely get a couple!!

import%20gatchaman.bmp

Not sure how many had heard about this - not one but TWO upcoming Gatchaman projects.

The first, and most certain, is the animated project by Inami who did the recent TMNT film for release in 2008. Details are on their website and you can find a trailer on You-Tube

It is good news that Imagi are doing this project as TMNT rocked :rock

Thanks for the link to their website, however the trailer linked is incorrect and is not for this upcoming movie.

This set of commercials was made in 2000 for a Japanese ISDN company NTT East, the first set of commercials being an animated update of Gatchaman, the second set of commercials are a remake of their first set of commercials recreated using live actors, mainly from the Japanese pop group SMAP.

Hope this helps :) :)

Last edited:

Being a big fan of Gatchaman/Battle of the Planets for a long time, the design of the God Phoenix has always been a favourite of mine. In fact I think that it is one of the best looking ships in Sci-fi. It is a timeless design that still does not look out of place even now.

I expect the design of the God Phoenix to be modernised for the upcoming CGI update of Gatchaman, but I hope they don't change it too much.

BAck in 2001 I picked up the Choshingokin Unifive 8" diecast God Phoenix. This was the first release version that came with the 18" fiery phoenix outershell. This model is exquisite with an insane amount of detail.

It has opening hatches where the vehicles dock into the Phoenix, retractable landing gear, center bird missle that raises out of the body, the working exhaust ports and the Center Neptune display base.

Here are some pics.

gat40.jpg

gat39.jpg

gat34.jpg

gat14.jpg

gat11.jpg

gat17.jpg

gat55.jpg

gat57.jpg

gat51.jpg

gat50.jpg

enjoy

Here are some more pics :)

gat36.jpg

gat37.jpg

gat38.jpg

gat46.jpg

I also have a smaller phoenix that came with the Tiny/Rocky 6" figure and also a small capsule phoenix from Japan.

gat43.jpg

gat42.jpg

PrincessJun.JPG

gatchamanjoe.JPG

gatchamanken.JPG

Ive just bought Mark and Jason for $20 each and paid $63 for the Cool Girl

I saw some where that a customiser had made all 5 of these

I was considering having ago at Tiny and Keyop to complete the set but after eading this thread, Im gonna hold off

With the film release in 2009 and Hot Toys signed under the licence Im hoping theyll make a Tiny and Keyop

Possibly a Zoltan and a 7zark7 (although Im probably gonna have a go at 7zark7 as he should be easy to create)

Back