Gas prices in California...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My beliefs do not make me a bigot. :lol

Bigot:
A person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices.

IE if your religion teaches you that others are wrong because of their own beliefs or preferences you are in fact a bigot.

I dictate what is right or wrong for myself. Why? Because I'm an adult and know what the hell is right or wrong. If you need religion to tell you what is right and wrong then that is your problem. Even though my father was a bigot he raised me better than that. Which is why I still miss him and love him very much every day.

So, by your own definition, you are a bigot. Hmm....makes sense. :wink1:

This sentence has me confused as to what you believe in:

Is it the "ONE TRUE living God"?
Is is "the manay false god's people create in their minds?
Is it both?

I think he was a touch excited and that his post was a typo. :monkey1

one and the same. its the anthropomorphic GOD. with people like traits. :yess:

So now this thread is about more than just gas prices. :panic:

its still about gas prices and how the bible, God, your church extra curricular activities and gold hoarding fits into the puzzle.

This sentence has me confused as to what you believe in:

Is it the "ONE TRUE living God"?
Is is "the manay false god's people create in their minds?
Is it both?

Yeah, that didn't come out right. I believe in the one true loving God and *not the many class gods people create I'm their minds to suite their fleshly desire.

I dictate what is right or wrong for myself. Why? Because I'm an adult and know what the hell is right or wrong. If you need religion to tell you what is right and wrong then that is your problem. Even though my father was a bigot he raised me better than that. Which is why I still miss him and love him very much every day.

For example, if anyone thinks gays can't be married because their religion tells them that is a sin that is in fact a bigot by definition. How that is not making sense I do not know? If you don't like the term bigot then grow up and stop being one.

Well Keith, it boils down to most people not knowing or understanding who God is and wanting to label people with names like bigot because we try to live how He says we should. You brought up homosexuality so I'll use that. It's an abomination before God and It's not what he created us to do. His word is clear that It's sinful. Now, I don't hate gay people nor would I ever intentionally hurt a gay person, call them names or fire them from a job because of it, but if asked of It's sinful then my answer is yes. It doesn't mean they can't repent and be forgiven, but those who don't know God would rather say It's natural, normal and great. I can't agree because Gods word doesn't agree. So while I'd risk my own safety to save a gay person from a life threatening situation, I'd still call the lifestyle sinful because God says it is.

Hope that makes some sense.

Well Keith, it boils down to most people not knowing or understanding who God is and wanting to label people with names like bigot because we try to live how He says we should. You brought up homosexuality so I'll use that. It's an abomination before God and It's not what he created us to do. His word is clear that It's sinful. Now, I don't hate gay people nor would I ever intentionally hurt a gay person, call them names or fire them from a job because of it, but if asked of It's sinful then my answer is yes. It doesn't mean they can't repent and be forgiven, but those who don't know God would rather say It's natural, normal and great. I can't agree because Gods word doesn't agree. So while I'd risk my own safety to save a gay person from a life threatening situation, I'd still call the lifestyle sinful because God says it is.

Hope that makes some sense.

I will let this go. :rotfl

Good idea. Though this has remained respectful...it's getting way off topic and perhaps if this discussion is to continue, it would be better served via PMs. :duff

Good idea. Though this has remained respectful...it's getting way off topic and perhaps if this discussion is to continue, it would be better served via PMs. :duff

It's cool. Don't want to get this thread closed down. Back to $5.00 gas prices! :yess:

$4.03 is for regular here. :( It was under $4 last week...I should have filled up then.

Back