Gas prices in California...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the word of god tells you to hate and condem people for being different then yes I see a bigot. If the word of god tells you to love all people and grant them respect regardless of their beliefs then I'm all for it. Religous beliefs can breed hate. Just look at the middle east. My father was extremely "religous". He called himself a christian. He also called blacks the N word, called gays ___s, and would never stand for a woman preacher. I learned many lessons from him. The biggest one is I will never hate the way he did.

The Word of God does have Laws and Commandments given to us..which as believers,we ARE to try to Obey..(but we are almost seemingly incapable of doing).The Word of God Condemns the Sinner of his/her wrong doing...The Law of God condemns us,which is to understand that we NEED a Saviour,and that we are Lost without Christ...

Its not that God hates,its that God hates Sin! He gave us instruction of how to live...but man's heart is continually wicked and that Man came into this world totally Depraved and in Sin....

Don't rely on what Man does or says,Rely on what the Word of God teaches,and the only way to find that is to open up your Bible and seek God in Faith,and He will speak to you through his Word...

God as I see him/her would never pass judgement on anyone. If God passes judgement on people for their own personal preferences or beliefs I will fight along side with anyone that opposes said God.

Well, then to be blunt you do not believe the Word of God at all. No point in really discussing any further......

The Word of God does have Laws and Commandments given to us..which as believers,we ARE to try to Obey..(but we are almost seemingly incapable of doing).The Word of God Condemns the Sinner of his/her wrong doing...The Law of God condemns us,which is to understand that we NEED a Saviour,and that we are Lost without Christ...

Its not that God hates,its that God hates Sin! He gave us instruction of how to live...but man's heart is continually wicked and that Man came into this world totally Depraved and in Sin....

Don't rely on what Man does or says,Rely on what the Word of God teaches,and the only way to find that is to open up your Bible and seek God in Faith,and He will speak to you through his Word...

Very well said, but to add to it there will be judgement as you know and those without Christ are lost.

I understand some do not believe this and I am not attacking anyone. I'm just stating I believe what God's Word teaches me.

That's "your version God". Not everyone elses.

That's "your version God". Not everyone elses.

Just out of curiosity what or who do you believe God is? If you don't believe His Word, what do you believe? I'm not attacking or starting a Holy war. I'm honestly curious as to what you believe.

If the word of god tells you to hate and condem people for being different then yes I see a bigot. If the word of god tells you to love all people and grant them respect regardless of their beliefs then I'm all for it. Religous beliefs can breed hate. Just look at the middle east. My father was extremely "religous". He called himself a christian. He also called blacks the N word, called gays ___s, and would never stand for a woman preacher. I learned many lessons from him. The biggest one is I will never hate the way he did.

Sorry to hear that bro! Christ taught us to love one another not hate. Everyone messes up though, if people were perfect, there would be no need for the cross or what Jesus did for all of us. Again I'm sorry to hear what you experienced, but not all people who follow Christ, accepted His forgiveness and repented think like that. :)

I guess not. :lecture :duff

Don't start altering my posts to say what you want them to please. I don't believe in "my" God or "your" God. I believe in the truth of the ONE TRUE living God and the many false god's people create in their minds.

Don't start altering my posts to say what you want them to please. I don't believe in "my" God or "your" God. I believe in the truth of the ONE TRUE living God and the many false god's people create in their minds.

No altering needed here. You have proved my point.

While a Democracy is not even mentioned in our constitution...

Our Forefathers had this to say about a Democracy
Yes, and I don't think many would disagree with you nowadays, since it's become become conventional wisdom given that majority of successful governments have functioned that way in recent times. But none of it runs counter to what I was saying before. The definition and usage of the term of "democracy" in the 18th and 19th centuries is different than it is in conventional usage today. I just wouldn't run a guy down for using the term "democracy" in a post when he's clearly referring to what you are referring to as a modern "Constitutional Republic." When George W. Bush talked about the "spread of democracy" he wasn't referring to the thing Thomas Jefferson was worried about.

Well, do you believe there are many "gods" and many paths to them?

What I believe has no relevance. That may seem odd but I don't see the point. I don't hate. I just wish more people realized their religions are like their opinions. They have no relevance. Regardless of their intent.

Until people figure that out we will continue to have bloody wars and politicians that govern under their own non relevant belief structure when they should be looking out for the whole of their countries.

What I believe has no relevance. That may seem odd but I don't see the point. I don't hate. I just wish more people realized their religions are like their opinions. They have no relevance. Regardless of their intent.

Until people figure that out we will continue to have bloody wars and politicians that govern under their own non relevant belief structure when they should be looking out for the whole of their countries.

Well, it does have relevance when you say others are bigots for their beliefs without sharing yours.

Well, it does have relevance when you say others are bigots for their beliefs without sharing yours.

My beliefs do not make me a bigot. :lol

Bigot:
A person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices.

IE if your religion teaches you that others are wrong because of their own beliefs or preferences you are in fact a bigot.

:goodpost::hi5:

My beliefs do not make me a bigot. :lol

Bigot:
A person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices.

IE if your religion teaches you that others are wrong because of their own beliefs or preferences you are in fact a bigot.

So anyone who has principles regarding right and wrong is a bigot? If someone has principles regarding right and wrong, they will strive to do what they believe is right and shun what is wrong, both in their own conduct and in other people's because they believe that some things are wrong, period, for everyone. Therefore, everyone who believes in right and wrong is a bigot.
Because religion is about improving oneself, and Christianity is about being perfect even as God is perfect, all Christians by your definition MUST be bigots.

I dictate what is right or wrong for myself. Why? Because I'm an adult and know what the hell is right or wrong. If you need religion to tell you what is right and wrong then that is your problem. Even though my father was a bigot he raised me better than that. Which is why I still miss him and love him very much every day.

For example, if anyone thinks gays can't be married because their religion tells them that is a sin that is in fact a bigot by definition. How that is not making sense I do not know? If you don't like the term bigot then grow up and stop being one.

So anyone who has principles regarding right and wrong is a bigot? If someone has principles regarding right and wrong, they will strive to do what they believe is right and shun what is wrong, both in their own conduct and in other people's because they believe that some things are wrong, period, for everyone. Therefore, everyone who believes in right and wrong is a bigot.
Because religion is about improving oneself, and Christianity is about being perfect even as God is perfect, all Christians by your definition MUST be bigots.

I will say this. If a religion teaches you that it's their way or the highway than it is probably run by a bigot. Get it? :lol

I will say this. If a religion teaches you that it's their way or the highway than it is probably run by a bigot. Get it? :lol
That's the way pretty much all ancient religions are, isn't it? The fact is that there are a lot of people who refuse to believe anything unless it's application is universal. They won't believe in a principle of right and wrong unless it applies to EVERYONE, otherwise they do not believe it to be really valid, and therefore, it is not worth believing. That is just how people are.

For some people, they cannot see the merits of religion only as an individual path for themselves, because that suggests that it is arbitrary and capricious. They must believe those principles of right and wrong apply equally to everyone or they cannot bring themselves to believe in it either.

Only the perception that a principle is truly universal in application is compelling enough to get certain kinds of people to believe in it. That is simply human nature.

Back