Garrett the Thief

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thainer

Super Freak
Reaction score
This is the first picture from my friend, Dale, of garrett in his new home. He has promised to send me better pictures when he has time to take them.

This was a tough figure to make. The character is very special to Dale as the first game helped him through a very hard time in his life and he had some very specific ideas about how he wanted it to look. Adding to my confusion was the fact that I had never played (or even heard of the game) and every image I googled was different from the one before it and different from Dale's vision of the character. but with some trial and error and lots of pictures sent back and forth we got it all worked out.

Another reason this figure was so difficult to complete was the fact that in the game Garrett's right eye is torn out and replaced with one that glows green. After weeks of coming up with, and discounting various ideas (glow in the dark paint, glowstick fluids mixed and applied when he wanted the eye to light up, an LED in his head-which I was afraid would light up the back of his face as well as the eye) I did it with fibre optics which gave the desired effect but turned out to be maddeningly fragile.

I also made the base/wall out of pink foam and painted it to look like stone-a 4 day job in itself.

I started with an old BBI/MC Toys wetsuit and everything else is handcrafted by me from real leather-hood, collar, gauntlets, leggings. The cpae was a Hasbro Darth Vader cape, I think, with 2 feet of wire sewn in over several days, as well.

I also hand turned 2 billy club/black jacks out of dowel on my drill press and added studs and wrapping to the handles.

Oh, and the head is an old Numo Rick Grimes head I had laying around. Not so good for RG but I think it was perfect for Garrett. Especially with the hood covering his giant, jug ears.

He promises better pictures when he has time to take some but I like the moodiness of this one. When I get pics I'll be sure to share.

Back