Gandalf's Teapot, a bargain for $12,000

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ecekat said:
actually,this is not art...:lol:lol

246376362.jpg

Damn, only $11,000 in the bank account and no best offer. I'm so jealous of whoever snaps this one up.

Wow...

That teapot is a "fine art sculpture" teapot. Some artist who's living in a cardboard box needed to make some quick $$$, couldn't get any drugs... he wanted some tea, couldn't afford a real teapot, so he made one from the soggy part of his box-house where he goes to take a leak. He kinda smushed it together... then realized he needed to sell it to pay off his cardboard box, so he got a friend to put it on eBay for him. Then, it didn't sell under the listing name "Cardboard teapot held together with urine", so they re-listed it as "fine art sculpture" and then stuck Gandalf in front of it so crazily stupid/rich nerds would buy it.

and you guys thought it was from the movie... :slap

My definition of art is if its something I can do then its not art. I can make that tea pot so it is not art.

My definition of art is if its something I can do then its not art. I can make that tea pot so it is not art.

no, your opinion is wrong

Art is simply the physical manifestation of human expression generally considered beautiful or likeable by at least one person (even if it's the artists themselves).

If you have hands, you could paint like picasso, if you worked at it a little.

no, your opinion is wrong

Art is simply the physical manifestation of human expression generally considered beautiful or likeable by at least one person (even if it's the artists themselves).

If you have hands, you could paint like picasso, if you worked at it a little.

Opinion is something that varies from person to person therefore cannot be wrong.:rolleyes:

Its all good. I know I have no talent for art even if I worked at it so I like to use that as my reasoning for what is art.

Yes that 'sculpture' is definitely not anything any reasonable person would expend any effort to acquire. If UPS delivered that piece of crap to my door I would stop short of putting out the effort of actually signing for it. Though if someone put it on my shelf for me, then cleaned my car and carpeted my basement, MAYBE I'd take it. Not to say that it isn't art, because a lot of crap is accepted as art, but seriously this is one serious pile of seriously stinky dog doody. Seriously.

Back