Gandalf Grey PF or new Gandalf Statue?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you're looking for one piece to represent LOTR, I'd go with the p.f., if you are looking to start a new line, I'd go with the statue, as it will be easier to keep up, rather than backtrack.

I agree with agent23, if you're not looking for the sweeping diorama look like the photo sideshow just put out and you have other LOTR PF's, then get the PF. If you just want one, get the PF, it's a great sculpt and the clothing, scabbard, belt were all well done.

I'd have to say the PF is the best representation of GTG ever produced, but without knowing more about your personal preferences it's impossible to advise you.

Do you prefer classical-looking statues[maquette], or mixed medium [PF]?

Do you want a Gandalf pose where he is "ripping with power" like the powerful wizard he is [maquette], or do you prefer more in the way of subtlety. [PF].

Does something like a light -up staff enhance a statue, or cheapen it, in your eyes?

Do you intend to purchase only one LOTR piece for your collection, or are you planning to expand somewhat?

Thanks everyone!

I like PF's and CC's and the scale doesn't bother me.

The PF does look great. I did buy the Aragorn PF but after it arrived looking different (and not in a good way in my opinion) than the production and box pictures, I sent it back. One of my biggest dissapointments having to do that.

looks PF may be the way to go seeing the likeness

The PF is the one Gandalf to rule them all......

.... except for the other 1650 PFs.

To be different, I will say...

Maquette Exclusive!

Because that is my line now. But you can clearly see that the consensus is in and that you will not likely be disappointed at all by the PF, other than very minor nits, most of which could be corrected.

Have fun! :D

I never watched LOTR,but the PF is the one to get,I will get it eventually and I don't even know the character.Just looks great.

I'm in a similiar situation, where I have the GTG PF on Flex but I'm wondering if I should cancel and go with the Maquette. I really don't have any dedicated LOTR statue line, so either one would be a start for me.

However, since I do love the PFs and they are SSC's "flagship" line, I have to assume that there will be future offerings, as well as the older ones I might catch up on. Meanwhile, I know nothing of SSC's Maquettes and am hesitant towards the line just yet. So, I'm staying with the PF - and I'm positive I won't be disappointed.

Back