Gandalf 12" up for order!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The more I look at him the more I'm okay with the price tag. That is only if he comes on a new body.
I'm afraid of what the armored characters and Orcs will cost. :eek:

Sadly we might never see them... I do hope before its all said and done we get (outside of the fellowship) Saruman, Ringwraith, at least one Orc and/or maybe Lurtz.

Anyone check out that price they are sportin on Gandalf????

For what they are giving us, I think they are not charging enough.

:D

I DRINK YOU MILKSHAKE

As long as I get the fellowship, everything else is gravy.

Gravy to me = Wormtongue, Saruman, Galadriel/eowyn, Wraiths, and Oruc-hai.

I have no issue with the price changing or why. My only issue is that seeing SSC moving up to HT prices means having to start saying no more than ever before, and some properties I just didn't want to have to do that. Thankfully, if LOTR keeps on the pace it is, I won't have to turn down any figures, but if it should ever reach Star Wars momentum, I'll be passing on many characters at that point. I'd almost rather somewhat lesser quality and prices that allow for bigger collections, but it's a competive market, contracts get renegotiated and for SSC to keep their licenses they have to convince the owners to stay with them and in 1/6, HT is pushing the bar.

It is hard for me to buy anything of lower quality anymore because of all the great high quality products available. At one time, Hasbro offered cheap 1:6 scale figures and I have over 200 of them and now ... I would love to have only 20 of them at Medicom quality.

If the price goes up, some collectors are just forced out. You call that "collector friendly"?
"... if you can't afford it, we're sorry..."

It's just the way it goes in business. It's a balancing act between keeping prices affordable and keeping quality high and competitive. I wish I could afford everything I want. I wish I could collect every cool line that SS, Hot Toys, etc produce. I can't and I don't blame the company for that, for "pricing me out", for making extremely detailed and yes expensive collectibles. I look at all the cool pictures of the predators, aliens and star wars figures and such that I can't afford but I don't wish those companies to lower their quality just so I can buy em all. I save up money for the things I want most, we do have many many months to do this before the credit cards are charged, and the other things I go without. There are many who could not afford these at $60 or even at $30. I consider myself very lucky to be able to buy the items I can.

I mentioned the pricing stuff, yes I know it's been mentioned many times before as have the gripes about increasing prices, only to point out to the Chicken Littles that increasing costs, and the pricing out of some collectors does not necessarily mean the end of the line for LotR or other figures.

It is hard for me to buy anything of lower quality anymore because of all the great high quality products available. At one time, Hasbro offered cheap 1:6 scale figures and I have over 200 of them and now ... I would love to have only 20 of them at Medicom quality.

Well said. I completely agree with you Jake.

sell them and if you make at least $10 for each one and bargain shop for the medi's you could have them. :chew

Acording to today's QandA, Gandalf is on the ART S. BUCK body. Start complaining about the price increase again. Defintately not worth the $90 now. I want a real reason for his price now!

Acording to today's QandA, Gandalf is on the ART S. BUCK body. Start complaining about the price increase again. Defintately not worth the $90 now. I want a real reason for his price now!

Seriously? I could have sworn that Backstage Pass guy from Brooklyn said it was a new body.

That kind of sucks. Not sure why the price jumped so high then. Maybe it has more to do with how many LOTR figs they're selling -- meaning the curve is dropping. Whatever the case, I fear once again for this line at this rate. Even more people will drop the line because of a few more dollars. It's a terrible spiral.

I know they'll finish the Fellowship this year, but I'm not so confident we'll get anything else out of this line.

Does it really matter which body he is on? You will not see any of the joints (notice even the wrists are covered) and he will have incredibly reduced neck articulation because of the beard and hair. It would be a waste of a new body and probably drive the cost up even more.

My guess is, its all the other work going into it; layered material and what-not leading to the higher price.

Does it really matter which body he is on? You will not see any of the joints (notice even the wrists are covered) and he will have incredibly reduced neck articulation because of the beard and hair. It would be a waste of a new body and probably drive the cost up even more.

My guess is, its all the other work going into it; layered material and what-not leading to the higher price.

Is Grey fabric rare? There is no way an extra cape and a layer of cloth is costing $20 more over the Hobbits and $25 more over Aragorn. Even factoring inflation. Sideshow has offically resorted to scalping their own items! :monkey1

I just don't think he's more complex than any of the figures that Sideshow's done in the past for much less. His outfit isn't that complex. I'd say Anakin's outfit was at least as complex, and he was $35 cheaper. Granted, Gandalf does have two cloaks and staves.

My wall of figures says I don't. I've been around 1/6th figures long enough and have had figures from almost all companies to know if I'm getting a fair deal or not. From ****ty soldiers of the world to "touched by god" medycoms.

I don't collect LOTR figues, but I can tell Gandalf is worth the price SS is asking for it from their online store. If you don't feel the price is worth it, order from another e-tailer. Or take your chance that he goes down in price on fleabay.

I'm with icruise on this. There isn't anything that says Gandalf is costing us so much more. I think Indy definately has a fair price going, but Gandalf comes with less, is on the old body, but is just as expensive. He really should be around $70-$75 dollars, and that is the exclusive version.

Back