Gamorrean Guards repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spiker

Super Freak
Reaction score
Finally came around repainting these :)

014-8.jpg

013-4.jpg

011-4.jpg

010-6.jpg

006-7.jpg

005-5.jpg

003-3.jpg

002-5.jpg

001-4.jpg

Thanks guys!!!

Yes, RS has a before-pic (with that stupid red brownish nose):

14.jpg

And the real one:

Review_GamorreanGuardTVC_stillA.JPG

well done! It looks awesome. I need to get mine out and repaint it. The sculpts always look good, but the factory paint apps look passable.

Thanks guys :)

I mainly touched ob the snout and mouth area. Also the horns and teeth. The rest just got a very little masking with transparent colors.

But i just saw that i must add a little detail. The underlips have to be a little more in that light beige color just like the nose.

And i have to add some fabrics to the neck of course.

Then these should be ready to display :)

Last edited:
Thanks guys!!

@DrQ2: I used citadel/games workshop acrylic colors. I made a coat first and then drybrushed and washed until i had it the way i like.
No airbrush here, would have been to much effort for this little change :)

Looks really good... a subtle change, but it makes a lot of difference. I have no idea what happened with Sideshow's Gammorean Guard? The proto looks the same and it came out after the excellent 1:1 bust :huh

Looks really good... a subtle change, but it makes a lot of difference. I have no idea what happened with Sideshow's Gammorean Guard? The proto looks the same and it came out after the excellent 1:1 bust :huh

I don't know too. I mean no matter which movie-still you take, there is never ever a red/brown nose. Sometimes the lips and noses are slightly greener, some have more yellow or even a flawed look. But never red or brown.

Another thing that bugs me is the missung (or much to small) fabric that covers the neck. I am doing this right now and it looks totally different and really makes the character.
I can't figure it out why on earth Sideshow missed that out.

I will post fotos in several hours of the "corrected" versions.
This is how it looks right now:

15.jpg

Thank you Rebelscum for the foto!

It is an quite easy step if you just glue that sackthings under the helmet (there is a gap). But i did not want to glue anything because maybe i'd like to change something somewhen :) So i forced that stuff right in there what was a real nightmare to do proper...
Next time i just glue em :)

Back