Premium Format Gamora (Marvel Now!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think 1/5 is the perfect scale to pump out minor or not A or B list characters like Gamora because of the overall cheaper investment all around...traditionally less money for buyers, less real estate in homes, etc.

I think a way to capitalize on 1/5 would've been more dynamic (not EXTREME, just dynamic) poses (like Hulk Comiquette) and emphasis on more multiple switch outs than usual...heads of different art styles, various arms, multiple weapons, etc., similar to the variety of switch outs XM gave their Batman, but have that be a standard of 1/5 Marvel.

But nowadays any sideshow statue is just expensive.

IMG_20160218_200903194 (1).jpg

Can't justify paying $500 for this. I did just preordered Captain Marvel & Phoenix with my RW points. For this, I just don't see the value of what's been sold for.

Yea, that's the only problem with this statue ...the price. A 10% discount or more is sorely needed ....

Yea, that's the only problem with this statue ...the price. A 10% discount or more is sorely needed ....

I wouldn't be surprised if that's Sideshow's move going forward. Raises the price 20% from last year. The people who have the money and are chomping at the bit for a new statue will order for that price. Then the people waiting a bit will start seeing 10% off and think they're getting a good deal. Meanwhile Sideshow still is getting 10% more than last year's price. Smart business move!

Kind of like when United Cutlery says the MSRP for new LOTR swords is like $600. Then you go to the BUDK website and see them for $180 with a caption "60%" off. Seems like a great deal, but really the retail price is $180, not $600.

Yea, that would be a smart move, I guess.

So then, more than ever, it would be up to the collectors to position themselves for a better price. Waiting for a discount or waiting for the market price to go down before buying.

really thinking, even though I like this piece even though I had no knowledge at all of Guardians before the movie came out, that this piece is going to be a dud for ssc unless they can confirm some accompanying pieces, it's just to far out there for most collectors.

Still not sure I'm down for this yet. If es is above 500 i'd be surprised.

I was thinking from their more recent images that it was Captain Marvel, however if it's from the black vortex story then I'd love an Angela!
uploadfromtaptalk1457137292947.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Yea, an Angela PF would be sweet. And she better not be 1/5 scale ............

That ES doesn't really surprise me. Not a lot of statue for the price. She should have been at least $100 less. Plus, the outfit isn't one that most Gamora fans would seem to prefer. I'm sure she'll sell out eventually but I bet the regular will be available for under retail after it's released.

That ES doesn't really surprise me. Not a lot of statue for the price. She should have been at least $100 less. Plus, the outfit isn't one that most Gamora fans would seem to prefer. I'm sure she'll sell out eventually but I bet the regular will be available for under retail after it's released.

I wonder if interest would have been greater if they'd given us movie Gamora.

I looked at it again last night and it is a nice piece but I just want old school, sexy, evil murdering assassin Gamora with an occasional desire to do something good. I really loved what they did with her look in the Black Vortex event. I was thinking if I could get the old school costume with an exclusive hoodie cape designed to look like stars :love

I got to thinking and I noticed the Vampirella costume is very similar to her original look. Was thinking maybe I could pick up a Vampirella and get a costumizer to turn her into Gamora with a cool cape

Back