Premium Format Gamora (Marvel Now!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was hoping for more DC announcements so it's been a little bit of a let down for me. Hopefully Dark Phoenix and Captain Marvel both come with two portraits and they look good.

Gamora looks cool, but I wouldn't get her unless I got the whole team and I have no desire for the whole team.

I would possibly get a Starlord or Rocket.

I'm hoping with the announcement of a couple of characters from the Marvel Now range that it means we will get more - absolutely loving Gamora and would love to add her into my collection :D

Hey IGO, is this the lineup we should expect to accompany Gamora?

All-New-X-Men-issue-22-Guardians-arrival.jpg

I'm still on the fence with this version of Gamora because I'm just not familiar with the the costume. Will have to wait for the full reveal and price. I do like the Starlord costume because it harkens back to the original appearance, so would prefer that to the movie version. Would love to see Angela since as I understand it she's now an Asgardian and related to Thor and Loki. Hopefully Rocket and Groot will be a 2-pack. I'm sure Thanos is in the works. If SS produces a Warlock, I hope it's the Starlin or Infinity War version and there's a Magus variant.

Last year was epic with Jango Fett pf, Darth Vader pf, Red Sonja, Darkseid, Aquaman, Terminator maquette, JSC Black Cat and Spider-Man pf.

The announcements last year were great I think the reason people are responding better to this year, rather than last is because this year has pictures of the actual pieces, where as last year it was just graphics with logos.

The announcements last year were great I think the reason people are responding better to this year, rather than last is because this year has pictures of the actual pieces, where as last year it was just graphics with logos.

The Catwoman was just a logo and on that day people were saying that this was the best 12 days. I think it's the best for some people when the characters they want gets made. If Magneto and Juggernaut are announced next year you'll see people say that's the best 12 days.

The Catwoman was just a logo and on that day people were saying that this was the best 12 days. I think it's the best for some people when the characters they want gets made. If Magneto and Juggernaut are announced next year you'll see people say that's the best 12 days.

I agree. Igo's statement about all these announcements being 8-12 months away from production is the most positive news from this event so far. Especially with the price increases, I don't want my pre-order money sitting around for over a year due to delays, as much as I appreciate SS putting in the necessary time to get things right.

gamora looks amazing so far from the teaser. though i'm not so sure this is a huge enough want.

I am much more excited about a potential future Thanos piece, but since the Guardians are in their modern costumes, we might get a modern Thanos instead :-/

Either or, 5 out of 11 pieces are announced and will likely be displayed at this year's con

I think Thanos might be the 6th, I am hoping for more XMEN ...

I'v always been a big space fan so I don't see how I wont order this and no, I don't need the whole team. I would love to one day display Gamora with a Nova, Ronan, Silver Surfer etc.

She looks very good, I'm usually down for modern costumes but this one is a bit too hi tech for my tastes, I think that most Marvel cosmic characters already had a modern look in their classic iterations. Slim fit armor plating is a tad too much generic videogame sci fi (i.e. Mass Effect), a prime example would be Star Lord, his traditional look is an awesome and charismatic blend of sci fi + victorian/steampunk, between the jacket and the helmet with breather, while his Marvel Now counterpart is a generic Commander Shepard look.
Still looking forward for these announcements and possibly a Thanos, but most of all I'd be glad for a Nova.

Btw, is Gamora supposed to have a cape? She has those two skull shaped clasps with sculpted fabric

Last edited:
Is that Angela from spawn on this team? Also this green skin lady is a marvel character from the goth? She looks different from the movie and comics?

I am much more excited about a potential future Thanos piece, but since the Guardians are in their modern costumes, we might get a modern Thanos instead :-/

Either or, 5 out of 11 pieces are announced and will likely be displayed at this year's con

I think Thanos might be the 6th, I am hoping for more XMEN ...

My sentiments exactly ...more XMEN!

She looks very good, I'm usually down for modern costumes but this one is a bit too hi tech for my tastes, I think that most Marvel cosmic characters already had a modern look in their classic iterations. Slim fit armor plating is a tad too much generic videogame sci fi (i.e. Mass Effect), a prime example would be Star Lord, his traditional look is an awesome and charismatic blend of sci fi + victorian/steampunk, between the jacket and the helmet with breather, while his Marvel Now counterpart is a generic Commander Shepard look.
Still looking forward for these announcements and possibly a Thanos, but most of all I'd be glad for a Nova.

Btw, is Gamora supposed to have a cape? She has those two skull shaped clasps with sculpted fabric

Good catch with the clasp. A cape would be a nice touch bridging the old designs with the new.

I agree, while I'm not crazy about the space mass effect suits were starting see I'm just happy she is being made in any form. There is no way Disney would of approved of the old Vampirella costume she donned for years. It's a new age. All the marvel females will get more conservative over time. Its only a matter of time before we get Psylocke in a pant suit

Good catch with the clasp. A cape would be a nice touch bridging the old designs with the new.

I agree, while I'm not crazy about the space mass effect suits were starting see I'm just happy she is being made in any form. There is no way Disney would of approved of the old Vampirella costume she donned for years. It's a new age. All the marvel females will get more conservative over time. Its only a matter of time before we get Psylocke in a pant suit

that'll be the day that i'd bid adieu to collecting marvel pieces.

I guess you're going to stop collecting soon then. Psylocke has been in a full body suit for awhile now...

Back