Gaming Heads 1/4 Lara Croft

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm kinda the opposite of you guys on display. I originally wanted to display just the bow but the more I thought about it I think I'll display her with the shotgun. I AM kinda a shotgun fanatic anyways haha, Saiga baby yeah :gun

Whether I keep my Liara pre-order hinges on how the production Laras turn out, so I'm countin' on y'all. :wink1: The only other item I've gotten from GH are their Fallout 3 bobbleheads, which I love.

well, looking at their Dragonborn, I wouldn't worry too much since that turned out better then great :D true it was a lot smaller (1/6th I believe) but still one of their best pieces so far

Does Gaming Heads send out notifications when an item is ready to ship? I haven't heard from them at all but I'm really looking forward to this piece now that I've seen that unboxing video. :)

For my last order, I got an arrival/charging soon notice 6 days in advance.

Pretty good video. Definitely keeping Liara ordered. Almost sold me on Lara, too, were it not for the overly bloodshot eyes (for my taste). Very impressed overall, most of all by her silhouette embossed on the styrofoam and the spacers for the shipping box. Nice touch, GH.

She looks amazing. Just as good as the prototype.

I can see where SMC92 is coming from. I can't say that I'm very happy with the production pieces. It definitely doesn't look as good as the prototype. Here are some side-by-side comparisons taken from the above video.

horizontal_01.jpg
profile.jpg
side.jpg

Sadly, I'm not sure I want to keep my order. :(

I didn't really pay close attention when watching the video, but those comparison pics now have me really worried. Sure, a poor camera may be partly at fault here, but still, the difference in texture and detail is too big to just shrug it off as "poor image quality". Not really sure what to do here, I already paid a partial deposit (only 10%), now I kind of want to get out of that.

Thanks for the pictures but whoa that top picture does not look good at all! Probably because the top right picture sold me on wanting this piece. After seeing that idk. Need more pictures!

Yeah, me too. The bloodshot eyes and parted lips on the production piece are my biggest complaints. I usually don't mind minor differences like less dirt, different colored blood, and less detailed hair, but the face was the selling point of the statue for me. Hopefully we can get some good pics soon.

Even her hair seems to have been smoothed in the production piece. But hard to tell if this could be a lighting or camera issue.

I might also cancel mine if she doesn't look good enough at close range. Their prices are rather high, so we have the right to expect something good. And I'm not good enough to weather the statue myself... :/

In any case, his statue seems pretty similar to what GH have psoted on its FB:

1554390_10152185454100028_4784430174724614291_n.jpg

10167937_10152185454140028_4143544262167728273_n.jpg

That was terribe lighting, not the best resolution, and very bad distortion when he goes up close to capture the eyes. I wouldn't go judge the statue too harshly by that still. I imagine it'll look good at normal viewing distance.

I think it's decent. Not perfect, but looks presentable. There was no way it was going to be as good as the proto, though I'm a bit surprised at the style of paint used for the battle damage as it were. Chalk it up to factory vs artist paint, but now it kinda looks like she devoured a candy bar she found and got a little messy with it.

I was more bothered by him calling the climbing axe a grappling hook and the baby crying out. :lol

Back