Gallery of Horror (photo thread)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome post zerogouki.

McFarlane really did used to make some awesome stuff.

mym4i.jpg

93uXK.jpg

idv4P.jpg

jHK0k.jpg

qtYZt.jpg

This is "the Templar's Verdict PF Ex" from Sideshow's "the Dead" line and IMO a very underrated PF. Soon I will have the full PF lineup except for "Patient Zero". Considering the lighting is bad and the only camera I currently own is my IPhone 4s I'd say these still came out pretty freaky. :panic:
Look at the pure horror in this figure and the amount of detail is just mind blowing to me:

These are some before pics...I will work on putting some effects to them shortly after this post.
55d8c1cf.jpg

Definately a beautiful horror piece for any collector of darker sculpts to have. Once I have my new camera soon as well as the rest of the line up I will reshoot everything with better lighting and effects. :cool:
41685cb8.jpg

Last edited:
Here are a couple of same pictures only I added some effects to them to give them more of a vintage or "aged" feel as this sculpt is definately a Midieval inspired piece. I am waiting on a new camera (I really need to get some good fluorescent lights etc. in order to really show off the details in a real professional way)...Many of the pictures taken on this thread are stunningly gorgeous. I just recently got into collecting Sideshow PF's and sculptures in general my next step will be to learn how to take amazing pictures. :cool: ...again, I absolutely love this Sculpture from Sideshow:

20066779.jpg

f721e906.jpg

14818c74.jpg

7e061901.jpg

This is too much fun I cannot wait until I receive the "Frozen Nazi" and "Undying Carcass" they are gonna be sick! Let's keep this thread going. :)
3b33d47c.jpg

fc16a428.jpg

8db8b5a9.jpg

Last edited:
0e46b4c1.jpg

SepticFlesh Thats Some Serious Damage on The Face , Chips as Bad as That, it,ll be stright back for a Return or money back !!! Ex or Not ~

SepticFlesh Thats Some Serious Damage on The Face , Chips as Bad as That, it,ll be stright back for a Return or money back !!! Ex or Not ~

It does not bother me and honestly in person they are not even noticeable...my camera picked up some of the lighting making them look worse than they really are... Besides I bought this second hand at a killer deal, if I told you how much I paid for him your jaw would probably drop...believe me in person they are not noticeable and actually blend in, in the picture what looks like a chip in the helmet is actually silver paint, the bottom part of the nose area is not noticeable and not an issue...I also have no issue with the small chip but I was aware of this before I purchased it...and was even emailed pictures pointing that out to me so the seller was honest and again I could not turn down the offer especially for an Ex...I am happy and I completely forgot all about the chip until now...thanks.lol besides one small chip on the nose that is not noticeable unless you have your face like a half an inch from it...I am not going to lose sleep over it, buying a used sculpt, sometimes one will deal with these kinds of issues some far worse such as broken limbs...but I do appreciate you pointing that out for me...so besides a slight chip on the nose what do you think about the pics I added effects to?
Thanks. I wasn't trying to go for an award or anything just having fun with different effects. Again having the Frozen Nazi and Undying Carcass next to this figure is going to look gruesomely beautiful. :)

Last edited:
I just have a feeling like members will be calling me an idiot now because of a small chip that I was aware of which does not bother me. I just ask that members please try and look past that and let me know your opinions on how I did creating a vintage look with the effects. Nothing spectacular but still I think they look really cool. I was just having fun with this free app on my iPhone I just do not want no joy kills with everyone telling me I got ripped off...because I did not. Thanks...yes I _____ too much but I am in too good of a mood over this figure to have anything bring me down.

Nice shots Septic.

I think this is my favorite:

That really is a beautiful peice.

Regarding the blemishes on the face: If you got a great deal on the figure, I wouldn't have any regrets. It's a zombie after all, so who cares if his face is effed up. :lol

However, it would be very cool to use a little acrilic paint to touch the marks up. Just a little brown and black and it would look 100% better. And I guarantee it would increase your love for the piece. Right now the bare polystone is very distracting, and very little work would make it disappear. :peace

Thanks for the touch up advice but again my iPhone has his face looking weird...in person there are no blemishes to be concerned about, but again if I just threw some acrylic paint on there like you said it would not be as distracting... I may try this but again besides the one spot there are no other blemishes, acne scars, or anything of that nature that bother me.:) ...and after all he is a zombie,lol.

Thanks for the touch up advice but again my iPhone has his face looking weird...in person there are no blemishes to be concerned about, but again if I just threw some acrylic paint on there like you said it would not be as distracting... I may try this but again besides the one spot there are no other blemishes, acne scars, or anything of that nature that bother me.:) ...and after all he is a zombie,lol.

Thought you might say that. But please try it. :pray:

Thought you might say that. But please try it. :pray:

Well...now I definately will grab some acrylic paint and cover up that spot...because now everyone here has given me a complex about it...my brother was visiting and I was worried he would notice...thankfully he did not...however he hates zombies in general though.

Well...now I definately will grab some acrylic paint and cover up that spot...because now everyone here has given me a complex about it...my brother was visiting and I was worried he would notice...thankfully he did not...however he hates zombies in general though.

Welcome to the freak show! :lol :duff

Honestly, you wont regret it. :)

That would bother me too to be honest. I now live in a world of DSLR. Before I had a camera like that, I wouldn't even get close ups like that to show flaws that normally you may not notice with the naked eye. It's a great help and a curse at the same time. :lol

Welcome to the freak show! :lol :duff

Honestly, you wont regret it. :)

Yes now I know why they call this place sideshow freaks,lol. I too have now been converted into a freak collector and will be visiting an arts and crafts store soon to see if they have any good acrylic paints to cover up the what is now very obvious scuff on the nose. I may be able to pay some artist that works at the store to do this for me as in I am not much of a painter especially with acrylics...but it should not be that hard.

This would be a great project to learn on since, as we've said, it's a zombie and precision isn't crucial.

This would be a great project to learn on since, as we've said, it's a zombie and precision isn't crucial.

Ya know this will sound corny but tomorrow I will be bringing this Sculpt to a well known art supply store and will get advice from a true professional on how to go about getting the colors just right etc.

In a way this Hobby of collecting now has me going out more and this will be a fun learning experience and sort of like a fun mission or project I can say I will be proud of myself after I finish...what can I say I started collecting not even 2 years ago and I went from one small 1:6 scale Figure to now placing orders every other week and in a way this Hobby has officially become a part of my lifestyle :FREAK:
Again thanks to the wonderful freaks here (one which I have turned into as well) as soon as I look at this sculpt that scuff is the first thing I notice and in my head it seems to get worse everytime I see it.lol
I love this Hobby...more so than any other hobbies I am into (Golf, RC Heli's and Car's)...not many understand my love for collecting high end Scupts and in fact I have yet to find anyone to find what I do interesting in anyway...all of them so far (Ex-Girlfriends and just so called friends) I am used to the whole "Why do you collect and spend so much money on stupid toys...Grow Up!!" ...but it is one of those hobbies not many like but the ones that do tend to be like me (Highly intelligent, tend to stick to myself, never fit in, live inside my head 24/7...am I right on with this?) Even my Male friends think they are lame. At least I am not wasting my money in some nasty bar room getting drunk 6 nights a week.
I do not think I will ever stop collecting I at the moment have 5 PF's I am still waiting on because they are still on pre-order...and I will be receiving the Sideshow Uruk-Hai Berserker Ex in a week I am getting butterflies in my stomach just thinking about receiving all this. Yes I am getting all deep here and over joyish but it is such a cool thing to be a grown man able to experience the happiness I had that was only comparible to when I was 8 years old during Christmas morning. :violin

Okay I will stop milking this topic the next post I have on here will be the finished results (pictures) of my first cutom'ish job done on the God aweful looking scuff on the Templar's Verdict...wish me luck.

Last edited:
Ya know this will sound corny but tomorrow I will be bringing this Sculpt to a well known art supply store and will get advice from a true professional on how to go about getting the colors just right etc.

In a way this Hobby of collecting now has me going out more and this will be a fun learning experience and sort of like a fun mission or project I can say I will be proud of myself after I finish...what can I say I started collecting not even 2 years ago and I went from one small 1:6 scale Figure to now placing orders every other week and in a way this Hobby has officially become a part of my lifestyle :FREAK:
Again thanks to the wonderful freaks here (one which I have turned into as well) as soon as I look at this sculpt that scuff is the first thing I notice and in my head it seems to get worse everytime I see it.lol
I love this Hobby...more so than any other hobbies I am into (Golf, RC Heli's and Car's)...not many understand my love for collecting high end Scupts and in fact I have yet to find anyone to find what I do interesting in anyway...all of them so far (Ex-Girlfriends and just so called friends) I am used to the whole "Why do you collect and spend so much money on stupid toys...Grow Up!!" ...but it is one of those hobbies not many like but the ones that do tend to be like me (Highly intelligent, tend to stick to myself, never fit in, live inside my head 24/7...am I right on with this?) Even my Male friends think they are lame. At least I am not wasting my money in some nasty bar room getting drunk 6 nights a week.
I do not think I will ever stop collecting I at the moment have 5 PF's I am still waiting on because they are still on pre-order...and I will be receiving the Sideshow Uruk-Hai Berserker Ex in a week I am getting butterflies in my stomach just thinking about receiving all this. Yes I am getting all deep here and over joyish but it is such a cool thing to be a grown man able to experience the happiness I had that was only comparible to when I was 8 years old during Christmas morning.

:goodpost: You are definitely in the right place. :duff

Okay I will stop milking this topic the next post I have on here will be the finished results (pictures) of my first cutom'ish job done on the God aweful looking scuff on the Templar's Verdict...wish me luck.

:woo :rock

Back