Galadriel PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a huge Oluf fan, but I still think the nose is too big. I don't know...maybe Cate's nose is that big. :dunno

The rest of it looks beautiful.

Same here, I've got a few of this PF's (and the SSW Boromir statue), but yes, like many have said, the nose needs to be a little smaller and the paint apps fixed, especially the 'lip-stick'. Do that, combined with the amazing costume and it could be a total winner.

Still, this is the prototype (in theory), lets hope SS is listenning.

Cate is a beautiful woman and unfortunately this piece does not convey any of that as far as i can see.:confused:

If there is any resemblance it is only in the slightest and while i do respect everyone's opinion and understand we can all see things differently i also understand that when u want something to be u can convince yourself that things are not as they appear.:D

The clothing looks excellent but its the little details in the facial appearance that only have to be slightly off to make it look like a totally different person.

In my opinion and yes its only mine they missed slightly with the cheekbones,eyes,chin but most notably if they had only got the nose right it might have brought the rest of the face together.Also the colouring seems to be off as i remember Galadriel was a lot paler in the films.

There also seems to be something that says Drag Queen to me but maybe i need my eyes checked.:D

I hope whoever picks it up thinks its awesome and enjoys another one of the many great characters from LOTR. ;)

cateng4.png

Geez...you guys sure know how to suck the fun and life out of collecting.

It's the same crap every week.

Geez...you guys sure know how to suck the fun and life out of collecting.

It's the same crap every week.

:confused::confused::confused:

Come on kookie relax my friend as its still always fun and i don't see how people discussing different points of view make it otherwise unless u believe everything u read. :)

Don't mind me i'm just talking crap.:D

:confused::confused::confused:

Come on kookie relax my friend as its still always fun and i don't see how people discussing different points of view make it otherwise unless u believe everything u read. :)

Don't mind me i'm just talking crap.:D

The amount of negativity just seems to be increasing and I'd hate to see this board become more of a Sideshow flamer site than a forum for us to share our passion for collecting Sideshow.

There will always be pieces we don't like but the way it's expressed here sometimes is just rude. There are many talented artists who create these time consuming pieces, who most likely visit this board, only to hear people say they suck, etc...

Opinions are fine but many times those opinions cross the line...

If its as bad as this one is....i hope the artists read this maybe it'll open their eyes and they'll make this figure worth the 250 shipped price. based on the images i've seen, this is the easiest pass of the PF i've ever had to make. i for one dont need "Transgender Galadriel" in my collection. Though to all that love this item thats GREAT!!! lets hope for a low ES!

The amount of negativity just seems to be increasing and I'd hate to see this board become more of a Sideshow flamer site than a forum for us to share our passion for collecting Sideshow.

Only negative when its a bad piece - the Aragorn PF got almost 100% positive comments.

Galadriel was always going to be a probable pass for me as I have very little interest in the character. If they had pulled off a stunner I might have got it but this is the easiest pass in the world....

Nah.... critisism is part of the game, good or bad. Sometimes it comes across as mean.. but its more that people are expecting Greatness when the actually get Meh or So so.

If the artist can't take the Bad with the Good they shouldn't be in this industry. Suck it up... and learn from it.

On a side note. I hope SS isn't growing too fast and trying to kick out too many products from all the different lines... without being able to handel the growth. 2 years ago we didn't have PO's everyother week... now we do.

...and GTW is one of the best PF's to date.. very underratted IMO. :monkey3

True people express their opinions in different ways but thats what makes us all unique individulas. :cool:

Lets all just be one big happy freaks family :grouphug esp in the LOTR threads. :rock :D

There will always be pieces we don't like but the way it's expressed here sometimes is just rude. There are many talented artists who create these time consuming pieces, who most likely visit this board, only to hear people say they suck, etc...

Opinions are fine but many times those opinions cross the line...

You mean like the negativity shown towards the Aragorn PF and Fell Beast dio.:rolleyes: Sure there's been alot of negative response, but did you ever think it might just be warranted? Seems to me the vast majority of people posting here, or on SS's own website have issue's with this piece. When exactly are we to "share our passion for collecting Sideshow"...when the item is fantastic and we can all heap praise on it?

As for the "rude", cross the line comments...maybe you'ld like to give us some examples? :confused:, as I personally think the opinions expressed have been quite civil in nature.

Only negative when its a bad piece - the Aragorn PF got almost 100% positive comments.

Galadriel was always going to be a probable pass for me as I have very little interest in the character. If they had pulled off a stunner I might have got it but this is the easiest pass in the world....

That's exactly how I feel. This one was going to have to be exceptional for me to be interested but that mixed media polystone/doll hair just killed it for me.

Do we know if the outer coat can be removed? I think it would be an improvement if it were.

It's a nice piece, but not something that's going to drive me to drop $275 plus on it. I think it's going to end up being one of those "filler" pieces for a lot of collectors who will wait for it be had for cheap. As the first female, Sideshow chose the wrong character. Arwen would have gotten a much bigger response.

As far as the PF itself, I like the costume. I think the likeness is there in the sculpt, but the paint (as usual) is throwing it off. And I think the waving hand is not angled upward enough. It's too much at a 90 degree angle, which makes it look weird.

And I do find it odd that Sideshow would not post any photos in the gallery without her hood on.

Kinda scary that they don't want to show her w/o the hood :monkey1

We've seen the picture without the hood in one of the previous podcasts. After the pretty "negative" comments on the polystone hairpiece with the "real" hair attached, I'm guessing they decided on not making the hood removable. But I'm curious about it as well.

Is her arm too long???

I glad some like her.. but the likeness doesn't look like her at all to me. That said she's a great peice... but a pass for me. GTW will still be alone.

You mean you passed up on Lurtz and Aragorn PF? :nono

THE SIDESHOW EXCLUSIVE VERSION IS THE "CATE BLANCHETT" INTERCHANGEABLE HEAD FOR ALTERNATE DISPLAY!! :monkey3

OMG! WHEN WAS THIS FOR PRE-ORDER???? I NEED ONE!! :drool:banghead:medic;)

For the most part, I think people have been pretty civil. Does being a passionate collector mean that you have to rave about every piece that comes along?

I've said this before and I'll say it again. The artists are adults and can take some criticism, and when they do come here I don't think it's just to get their egos stroked. Besides, I think in the majority of cases it's not the artists' work that is the problem, but how it is used to make the final piece. Now there are always going to be a few people who say everything sucks, just like there are people who say almost everything is great, but they're pretty easy to filter out.

I actually think Sideshow should be grateful to the people in this thread and others who voice their opinions. It's not like they're customizers or hobbyists making things for their own pleasure -- they're trying to make products that we will buy, so knowing what we like and don't like should be invaluable.

Back