Galadriel PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No problem. Kind of makes me think that you might see GTW as a hobo type with the pic though.

Nice constructive criticism. :rolleyes:

Once again - I admonish those that are so eager to judge from a single image - DON'T.

This brings up an interesting question. Since this seems to happen with EVERY preview that Sideshow does, wouldn't it be more constructive for them to just release full pictures from the beginning?

This brings up an interesting question. Since this seems to happen with EVERY preview that Sideshow does, wouldn't it be more constructive for them to just release full pictures from the beginning?

:lol:lol:lol

OR, SS could have better decision maiking of the first released pic. And it only seems to happen with the LOTR previews (Galadriel PF, Legolas LSB, Gandalf PF). I don't recall similar problem with Marvel or SW, except for the obvious misses (Hulk LSB).

Or no pictures at all. :cool:

Or no pictures at all. :cool:

Sure, that could work too, if they feel that they have to have a preview of some kind. It just seems like the previews in many cases (particularly for the 12" figures, which I am more familiar with) seem to cause a lot of unnecessary moaning and groaning, and when the full pictures come out, people realize that what they were complaining about was just due to a bad camera angle or whatever.

Once again - I admonish those that are so eager to judge from a single image - DON'T.

Easy to say but Dave the whole point of the preview pic is so you can make an early judgement/appraisal of whats to come, right or wrong thats what its for otherwise SS wouldn't bother with teasing us at all. Lets face it if thats a teaser pic well its not doing much so far for the majority of people here so maybe SS should not bother with teaser pics and just release the full monty when the times comes. Yeah sure I will reserve my final 100% judgement for the complete pic but until then my perception and judgement of what I am seeing now is not great.:rolleyes:

While you're at it perhaps you could admonish SS for once again giving us crappy photo's to make our first impressions on :rolleyes:.....

From the sound of things you've already seen this PF in it's entirety. Unfortunately the rest of us have not, and being that people are very visual in nature we only have this one photo to make a first impression. While I wouldn't go so far as to call the sculpt gross, because I don't think it is, I would say it doesn't look anything like Cate Blanchett. It looks to me like nothing more than a generic elf, and if it does, however unlikely, turn out that it does look like Cate, then I will place the blame on SS, where it belongs. You would think that a multi-million dollar company like SS could hire a top-notch photographer to best represent their products, but time after time they give us images that do not reflect the true quality of their product.

I think most folks just aren't all that excited about Galadriel being given the PF treatment. Couple that with, at least from one image shown, a poor likeness, and I can understand the lackluster reception.

I think most folks just aren't all that excited about Galadriel being given the PF treatment. Couple that with, at least from one image shown, a poor likeness, and I can understand the lackluster reception.

True, I don't think she's nearly as popular a character as some would have you believe, and I think for this one to have respectable sales the likeness had to be dead on, like Aragorn, and unfortunately it's not even close.

While you're at it perhaps you could admonish SS for once again giving us crappy photo's to make our first impressions on :rolleyes:.....

From the sound of things you've already seen this PF in it's entirety. Unfortunately the rest of us have not, and being that people are very visual in nature we only have this one photo to make a first impression. While I wouldn't go so far as to call the sculpt gross, because I don't think it is, I would say it doesn't look anything like Cate Blanchett. It looks to me like nothing more than a generic elf, and if it does, however unlikely, turn out that it does look like Cate, then I will place the blame on SS, where it belongs. You would think that a multi-million dollar company like SS could hire a top-notch photographer to best represent their products, but time after time they give us images that do not reflect the true quality of their product.

That's exactly what I was trying to get across in my last post, thanks Woodsy:cool:

Back