Galacticustoms- Star Wars!!! Kenobi Turn-Around

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Galactiboy's Galaxy of Star Wars Customs! Ree Yees WIP!

I thought I may have had an extra one, I know I bought more than one when I did my Ree-Yees a couple of years ago. Not sure what I did with it, probably already traded to another member. Sorry. If I end up finding it while let you know.

I cant wait to see your paint apps on this one, gonna be mint. :)

Thanks man, I appreciate it ;duff And I'm mostly done with the paints... just some touch-ups left :rock

Looking good dude. I've been on the hunt for the very same jacket. I too have had the same luck- either too much or nothing at all.:gah:

Yeah, probably why the only person on eBay is asking so much. At the end of the day $26 isn't bad, but when you can get the figure for closer to $50 shipped it seems high :lol I was actually thinking the Rumik DiD might be the way to go as it looks like he has matching pants.

Ace Joseph!

Ski

Sent from my SKI-N900P using Skiatalk

Re: Galactiboy's Galaxy of Star Wars Customs! ANH Luke!!!

Got the paint mostly done, and I've got the pegs in some milliput. Hopefully once it sets I'll be able to try out the articulation. The wrists will only be able to turn, but that's still something.

17ada88f-b006-4357-be50-fad81d8cf7d1_zpsf6143113.jpg

Wow man, that's awesome looking! Love the boots on him :rock

Turns out the first attempt at the neck plug was a bit to high, so the head looked weird... so I've put the plug in further so hopefully I'll get a more flush look. The wrist work great though, so at least that came out on the first try :rock

thanks man. :) im sure yours will turn out great as well. I just wish his hand was more opened so I could put a cold drink in his hand :drink

Love Ree Yees and these customs are awesome. Can't wait to start on mine.

I'm excited on seeing how this turns out. I like your ingenuity for connecting the parts to the body.

Yeah, probably why the only person on eBay is asking so much. At the end of the day $26 isn't bad, but when you can get the figure for closer to $50 shipped it seems high :lol I was actually thinking the Rumik DiD might be the way to go as it looks like he has matching pants.

I hear what you're saying…that seller I've noticed tends to get high on some of his prices but when parts get scarce, that's where the supply & demand scenario will be his pal. But yeah, when you can get the whole figure for around $50 it's easy to pass it up. From m understanding, that jacket has been used on about 3-4 other dragon soviet figures. Definitely agree with you on the DiD gear being a better choice. If you find a source for one & they have extras,feel free to shoot me a line:wave

As mentioned before GG-Awesome ReeYees you got there! Paul did an outstanding job & seriously hooked you up on that guy!:clap

So here's Ree Yees until I can get the outfit... but thanks to Enaud it looks like I may have found the jacket :duff

And my plan did work, he's still got the ability to turn his head and even a bit of tilt :rock

c3d5d5b1-ab01-40d6-bf6c-55ee21300cea_zps4463a8f0.jpg

38578340-564f-4a28-9bd1-0d1d38518813_zps568bdd32.jpg

that`s good you might have the jacket coming. keep the pics coming it`s going to be fun watching this thing unfold

Good stuff man, he looks great. Glad Duane sorted out a jacket for you. :)

looking great GB................:woo

Just for fun I was curious what he'd look like as a Jedi... I think he'd make a fine addition. I call him:

Jedi Knight Trees-Occ

dc6f64df-c631-4546-90b8-2400d6ec4942_zps99c44ef7.jpg

Looks awesome GB! Nice work.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Thanks... I'm getting pretty close on a Nien Nunb custom as well, but turns out the Hasbro X-wing suit does not take Dye very well. It came out of the bath bright red, then after rinsing was just a slightly darker orange then when I started :lol

I actually don't know who first made the sculpt I'm using, but I believe it is a magnet and the back of the head was added to it. It was something I traded for a long time ago. But the sculpt is solid and the size is good.

So a double thanks to Enaud, not only for the sculpt but finding a more affordable alternative to the Dragon or DiD Soviet Jacket... got mine in the mail yesterday and it looks to be a perfect fit. I'll get to Reesing it over the next few days. I think I might add a bit of sculpting to the forearms of my figure as well so I don't have the smooth plastic forearms poking out of the jacket.

Back