G.I. Joe vs Cobra: The Essential Guide

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No prob
thumbs2.gif

Great news! - thanks for the quick notes. Time to visit a book store -

I got my copy from Del Rey this week. Gonna do a write up for CTR over the weekend, but here are some highlights for you guys:

1) It is 100% RAH focused

2) All of the content is based on the original file cards, the Hama Marvel comics, the toon, and some of the Devil's Due stuff (mostly art more than story canon when it comes to DDP).

3) The artwork throughout is a mixture of old-school file cards, Marvel comics art, and Devil's Due stuff. (The inclusion of DDP imagery will no doubt bug some people, but it's to be expected. Still, there is enough original card, Marvel, and toon stuff in here to easily counter-balance any DDP stuff). Oh... and there is not a single image of Cobra Commander in the ghey trenchcoat or in Crimson. :rock

4) There is absolutely NOTHING about the movie in here (thank God), and there is a small preview section at the end for the new IDW comics series. Nothing on RESOLUTE, either... which is odd because this is a Hasbro-licensed book. My guess is they nixed RESOLUTE content as it's not true RAH "canon".

5) Pablo is most definitely "one of us" and this is absolutely a must-own for longtime JOE RAH fans. :lecture

Great QnA, sounds like a stand-up guy and a hardcore Joefan. Definitely going to be getting this book!
army.gif

…Favorite JOE figure?

PH: I always liked how intricate the first Tunnel Rat figure was, even though I almost instantly lost his little flashlights.

…Favorite COBRA figure?

PH: The 1986 Viper is classic. I love that design and color scheme. I don't even mind that it makes no sense for him to have goggles on top of his helmet. They look so great up there.

…Larry Hama’s Marvel Comics or the Sunbow/DIC Cartoons?

PH: Hama, easily. I preferred bullets over lasers. But, that said, I could still appreciate the cartoon for what it was. And the two are essential complements to one another: for example, when reading a JOE comic, it's always Michael Bell's voice coming out of Duke's mouth, or Chris Latta as Cobra Commander.

…Are you collecting the new line of high-end 1:6 scale action figures from Sideshow Collectibles?

PH: Yes, indeed! I couldn't resist them. Also, the Combat Heroes and Mighty Muggs [from Hasbro] are fantastic.

My kinda guy! :rock

Mine arrived from Amazon Friday. I've skimmed through it a bit, but haven't had a chance to do any reading because someone else has been hogging it.

SE3.jpg

Back