G.I. JOE: The IDW Comics Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trades haven't been announced or solicited yet, but they're no doubt coming.

Well, I finished the first arc of COBRA today with issue #4 and it did not disappoint. Wow, Chuckles got schooled by Tomax and Xamot. :google

I going have to check these new comics out. I been trying to catch up on the older ones. All the older ones are available on disc, its a nice collection. Its been going around for awhile now, just alot to read.

The new PREVIEWS has solicited the first IDW TPB collection... G.I. JOE ORIGINS Vol. 1 will be out in September, as will G.I. JOE CLASSIC #5 (collecting issues 41-50 of the original Marvel series).

Hey guys just wondering like is there anywhere i can get scanned copies online? I prefer that to getting the printed versions as I just don't have the space.

If you have an iPhone, IDW is going to be releasing the comics as e-comics on iPhone/iPod Touch for 99 cents an issue. They've already done it with many of their Transformers comics.

Trades haven't been announced or solicited yet, but they're no doubt coming.

Well, I finished the first arc of COBRA today with issue #4 and it did not disappoint. Wow, Chuckles got schooled by Tomax and Xamot. :google

Too bad they're done with the only good IDW Joe series! :banghead

Joe Origins is still as ADD as an undisciplined child with a diet of M&Ms and Pepsi, and still not fond of the near shot-for-shot remake of the main title.

Too bad they're done with the only good IDW Joe series! :banghead

Joe Origins is still as ADD as an undisciplined child with a diet of M&Ms and Pepsi, and still not fond of the near shot-for-shot remake of the main title.

What do you mean??? The Cobra series stops at issue 4#???

What do you mean??? The Cobra series stops at issue 4#???

That's what I got from the "thanks for reading, expect to see the TPB in a few weeks, it's been great..." page after the end of the story. :huh And TBH, at the end of issue 4, the stage is pretty much set to start right where the beginning of the main comic began back in the day.

That's what I got from the "thanks for reading, expect to see the TPB in a few weeks, it's been great..." page after the end of the story. :huh And TBH, at the end of issue 4, the stage is pretty much set to start right where the beginning of the main comic began back in the day.

Really, I thought they would keep running the series along with the other ones, oh well, saves me an extra 5$ a month

No in September is the Cobra Special the TPB will be later and will include the special I assume. And the reaction to the series was strong so I'm sure there will be more.

Back