G.I. Joe Retaliation 1/6 Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See, that's what I mean. These are very toyetic designs, they just scream "make me a toy". I've noticed that a lot of the time the same people who complain buy the stuff anyway, so they either secretly like it, don't dislike as much as they say they do, or I'm just missing the big secret, lol.

Yeah, there are too many things I don't like about Snake Eyes 2.0 to get him, though in essence he is a lot of things I want from a Snake Eyes figure. Maybe he'll be improved upon before release, but I'd rather have a Retaliation version.

I don't like the head(s); dunno; the whole thing feels hokey to me. For a popular character; it looks as if they did a half-ass job.

The only thing I'd want is timber; but then he's starting to look like a dire wolf from game of thrones.

I did a search and nothing came up, I apologize if there already was one.

Once again, thank you for your genius. I'll come to you with any further questions I have. Yeah.. "Hasblow", the company that created your dear ARAH, definitely worth degrading.

you must be from Hisstank

and yes, HASBRO does makes junk too..thats when the name comes into place

you must be from Hisstank

and yes, HASBRO does makes junk too..thats when the name comes into place

Right, because I like G.I. Joe Retaliation I must be from Hisstank. I post on a number of boards, not just one.. Obviously.

Thanks DinoDB1975, I was trying to make a request for a property not really a discussion about the positives and negative of the property.. I apologize again. To be honest I'd rather close the thread because it's just getting too messy with comments getting belligerent. I figured this forum would attract a certain intellect given the price point of the collectibles but I see I was mistaken.

You have to have thicker skin. People rag on each other all the time, it's not personal.

You have to have thicker skin. People rag on each other all the time, it's not personal.

I really prefer not to have it turn that way, since I like to respect forum rules as much as possible. I don't like to buck the system or anything like that.

That said.. I find the bias and negativity unwarranted for a movie that no one has seen. Nostalgia, it's a weird thing.

Kinda off the subject, but the new 3 3/4 figs kinda blow due to their pigeon knees. It drives me nut because they don't look good standing straight up.
But yeah, why not have 1/6 for the cool characters? It would bother me though if they did a Rock Roadblock before they went with a normal one though.
Snake Eyes and Cobra Commander have already been tackled, so why not give both a Retaliation shot?

I don't like the head(s); dunno; the whole thing feels hokey to me. For a popular character; it looks as if they did a half-ass job.

The only thing I'd want is timber; but then he's starting to look like a dire wolf from game of thrones.

AGREED! It does look extremely bad. But! To each his own.

Kinda off the subject, but the new 3 3/4 figs kinda blow due to their pigeon knees. It drives me nut because they don't look good standing straight up.
But yeah, why not have 1/6 for the cool characters? It would bother me though if they did a Rock Roadblock before they went with a normal one though.
Snake Eyes and Cobra Commander have already been tackled, so why not give both a Retaliation shot?

The double jointed knees don't bother me most of the time, but there are certain figures were it does cause stability issues. Some of the recent Retaliation figures have singled jointed knees and non-articulated ankles, and it really isn't bad at all. It improves stability and appearance imo.

I agree, and that's one reason I didn't mention Roadblock, among other reasons. I think Cobra Commander and Storm Shadow would benefit from 2.0 versions, and I don't see why the Retaliation outfits are any better or worse than anything else in the G.I. Joe canon. They just seem like typical Joe stuff to me.

Preferably I would like to see something closer to what we are use to, but I wouldn't shut the door if they did a sub division for Retaliation.
BUT if there's a choice of one over the other, then I would just ask for classic stuff any day.
Retaliation SE oes look pretty cool though (I never thought I would ever utter something from a movie being cool. Just think back to the first Joe movie.......ughhhh!)

Meh, let Hot Toys make them. It would fit their line number to a T, Movie based, 3 and done. As far as the Sideshow line, there are alot of Joes (ARAH) I would rather see made than any of the movie ones.

Meh, let Hot Toys make them. It would fit their line number to a T, Movie based, 3 and done. As far as the Sideshow line, there are alot of Joes (ARAH) I would rather see made than any of the movie ones.

If it were possible to get through to Hot Toys, lol, I would be THRILLED to see them handle this line. Maybe pass that along for us Sideshow? Plus, most of the major Retaliation characters have already been made by Sideshow, with a few exceptions. It would be nice just to see Cobra Commander get a 1/6 figure, I think it would be a good update, and we need a helmeted 1/6 scale CC.

Oh, come on. These aren't all that more "reimagined" than what Sideshow is doing.

Elvis1976 and I are doing a Cobra Retaliation figure for each other. This is one of 4 heads Im working on. WIP
002-3.jpg

I'd imagine new SSC releases will be in line with Retaliation as a reference source. But if we see a Rocky Roadblock I'm dropping this line.

Ashkanls, are you doing a RET Cobra Commander? I know from your interest thread that's not one of the heads your doing, I'd love to see something like that though, I love the movie design with the interact work on the sides. Even if they are just customs you and Elvis1976 are doing I hope you post them, I love the movie designs in RET.

Adrosi, I hope they do some RET stuff, but obviously most people here aren't interested. I'd take something close though, I can't wait to see the new Cobra Commander and Storm Shadow they're doing.

Back