G.I. Joe: Classified 6" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Only concern with the Online or Hasbro Store. Will they Make sure to have International Options too. Moreso to (In this case) UK suppliers like Forbidden planet, Kapow, Staractionfigures, cocktail and comics etc to be the main areas to buy from.
Or Hasbro Store in the UK.

We on the International market are just as excited for these too LOL Alas We have just such a Truly limited window compared to you guys in the US at present.
Oh i know some will say They have had no luck. However believe me it Is a smaller and Harder window for Us here.

One way or the other Hasbro Does need to get it's act together.

@mistermark Thanks Very Much. Yeah we had a little snow so took advantage of it. Alas Destro and Firefly are my COBRA force (well my custom Storm Shadow too). No Troopers or Vipers. However I Do have Firefly, so a Happy Chap as my Fav character.

@Big Guy, yes you always do an incredible job and make these guys look so lifelike. I can't wait for Flint and Lady Jaye to arrive :impatient::)

@Big Guy, yes you always do an incredible job and make these guys look so lifelike. I can't wait for Flint and Lady Jaye to arrive :impatient::)

Again Thank You. That is very kind of you to say.

Yeah Lady J and Flint Should be out soon. Apparently some on FB saying they have them, though Not seen photos in hand. So who knows LOL My PO with a UK store say March so Hopefully March.

Again Thank You. That is very kind of you to say.

Yeah Lady J and Flint Should be out soon. Apparently some on FB saying they have them, though Not seen photos in hand. So who knows LOL My PO with a UK store say March so Hopefully March.

March can't come soon enough. I really want an Alley Viper too... and Tomax and Xamot. Hopefully we see them soon

I ordered a Harley Davidson for my Zartan figure. I promise I will totally pull an Oprah for each and every Dreadnok they end up releasing.
"You get a bike! You get a bike! YOU GET A BIKE!!!"
I'd also like to get a diorama for Zartan and the Dreadnoks. I think it will either be the outside of a bar or the outside of a gas station.

Attachments

• IMG_0572(1).jpg
    IMG_0572(1).jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_0574(1).jpg
    IMG_0574(1).jpg
    135 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0576(1).jpg
    IMG_0576(1).jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 124
I ordered a Harley Davidson for my Zartan figure. I promise I will totally pull an Oprah for each and every Dreadnok they end up releasing.
I'd also like to get a diorama for Zartan and the Dreadnoks. I think it will either be the outside of a bar or the outside of a gas station.

Very cool. I love it. We need another wave already :clap

Last edited:

Haha, I had done the same with my vintage Dreadnoks. I bought a bunch of 1/18 motorcycles/choppers for them - each Dreadnok got one.

I did find a set of files someone made to 3D print a swamp skier, so I am thinking of making that for my Classified Zartan when he gets here.

Very cool. I love it. We need another wave already :clap

Thank you. Yes, hopefully they will announce Wave 5 soon (if we count Flint and Lady Jaye as Wave 4).

Haha, I had done the same with my vintage Dreadnoks. I bought a bunch of 1/18 motorcycles/choppers for them - each Dreadnok got one.

I did find a set of files someone made to 3D print a swamp skier, so I am thinking of making that for my Classified Zartan when he gets here.

Dude, that is awesome! That's my goal for the Classified series. Since they created that kick ass new logo for the Dreadnoks, I really hope we get a bunch of them.

I've seen that swamp skier, which is really cool. I'd get one myself, but I've already got this whole Dreadnok diorama in my brain, though. :lol

Initially, I just planned to get 1 Red Ninja from BBTS last October. I decided to get another one to open up so Storm Shadow could have a subordinate. I think 1 will be enough for me, I'm good on Cobra Troopers and I hope that the Viper gets a mass release so I can get 2-3 more of them.
I like how the Red Ninja can hold all of his weapons but unfortunately, I got a "loose torso" figure. It's not near as bad as my 02 Snake Eyes, but I put him in a crouched position for display anyway.
What does everyone think of the Red Ninja?

Attachments

• IMG_0579.jpg
    IMG_0579.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_0580.jpg
    IMG_0580.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_0581.jpg
    IMG_0581.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 128
The Cobra Infantry Trooper is available for pre-order for retail price from Amazon at the moment.
April 1st is the delivery date, don't be fooled that these start shipping before then knowing Amazon.

Initially, I just planned to get 1 Red Ninja from BBTS last October. I decided to get another one to open up so Storm Shadow could have a subordinate. I think 1 will be enough for me, I'm good on Cobra Troopers and I hope that the Viper gets a mass release so I can get 2-3 more of them.
I like how the Red Ninja can hold all of his weapons but unfortunately, I got a "loose torso" figure. It's not near as bad as my 02 Snake Eyes, but I put him in a crouched position for display anyway.
What does everyone think of the Red Ninja?

I really like the design. It looks like a Cobra figure that would've been made around '88 like the Hydro Viper. I still want a more traditional Red Ninja, the Articulated Icons one is too small, the Marvel Legends one is a little too big (taller than Snake Eyes, almost the same height as Gung-Ho) and badly proportioned (long neck, narrow shoulders). I'll get a second Red Ninja and Hand Ninja eventually, need to save up for more Cobra Troopers before that though. Then more Vipers, lots more Vipers.
My Red Ninja doesn't have a loose torso joint btw, must be a bad figure. You could try some super glue in the joint and work it back and forth to increase the friction.

Last edited:

Saw these at Target a week ago. Looks alright, I love the details, Maisto makes some good die-cast, but it's just a bit too small. A very common issue with Diecast cars from all the manufacturers, They don't even scale well with one another, Jada Diecast especially. New-Ray bikes are a little bigger but not by much, they scale better with import figures like SH Figuarts but they also make Choppers. I'd put the Maisto bike in the foreground with the figures in the back to try and minimize the scale issue.

Marvel Legends bikes scale really well, but they don't look all that good and they don't make Choppers.

Zartan is awesome! Best figure so far and no loose torso issues! Love him. Also got the Infantry soldiers but I need to buy another DETOLF soon so I'm going to keep most packed away.

Hoping that Flint and Lady Jaye come out in April like some vendors are listing them a little early (Gamestop).

I'm sure we'll see a "Fan Friday" soon by Hasbro. They'll likely show Barbecue and Major Bludd...and sadly maybe the next Cobra Island Wave :(

I really like the design. It looks like a Cobra figure that would've been made around '88 like the Hydro Viper. I still want a more traditional Red Ninja, the Articulated Icons one is too small, the Marvel Legends one is a little too big (taller than Snake Eyes, almost the same height as Gung-Ho) and badly proportioned (long neck, narrow shoulders). I'll get a second Red Ninja and Hand Ninja eventually, need to save up for more Cobra Troopers before that though. Then more Vipers, lots more Vipers.
My Red Ninja doesn't have a loose torso joint btw, must be a bad figure. You could try some super glue in the joint and work it back and forth to increase the friction.

Thanks for the tip, but I'm good with him in a crouched position anyhow. If this was one of my favorite characters though, I'd be a little more ticked off and use the super glue.

Saw these at Target a week ago. Looks alright, I love the details, Maisto makes some good die-cast, but it's just a bit too small. A very common issue with Diecast cars from all the manufacturers, They don't even scale well with one another, Jada Diecast especially. New-Ray bikes are a little bigger but not by much, they scale better with import figures like SH Figuarts but they also make Choppers. I'd put the Maisto bike in the foreground with the figures in the back to try and minimize the scale issue.

Marvel Legends bikes scale really well, but they don't look all that good and they don't make Choppers.

Yeah, the double-jointed knees do NOT look good with him on the bike. I planned on using him off of the bike anyway and only use a couple of Dreadnocks on the long neck Harleys.

Zartan is awesome! Best figure so far and no loose torso issues! Love him. Also got the Infantry soldiers but I need to buy another DETOLF soon so I'm going to keep most packed away.

Hoping that Flint and Lady Jaye come out in April like some vendors are listing them a little early (Gamestop).

I'm sure we'll see a "Fan Friday" soon by Hasbro. They'll likely show Barbecue and Major Bludd...and sadly maybe the next Cobra Island Wave :(

100% agreed on Zartan. Best figure in the line so far. That invisipin technology adds so much to the figure.

Concerning Hasbro's Fan First Friday, I do have a question. Since the Retro is exclusive to Walmart, does that mean anytime there's a FFF for GIJOE and they announce Retro items, shouldn't we expect more Cobra Island as well? I wish they would do away with exclusives and just make Retro a mass release.
And I'm totally expecting the Alley Viper or Cobra B.A.T. to be announced in the Cobra Island Wave 3. GIJOE's marketing team needs to be cleaned out.

I did some looking into 1/12 scale bikes, apparently all 1/12 scale bikes scale too small, and occasionally even too small for SH Figuarts figures. Most people recommend 1/10 scale for action figures. For choppers; Franklin Mint is apparently good but very expensive. Orange County Choppers appear in 1/10 from Joyride but are usually themed (I think badly) and have become a little pricy on the aftermarket. 1/10 Harleys have been made by Hot Wheels, but most aren't really chopped but look good. 1/10 West Coast Choppers by Muscle Machines on the other hand, are much more affordable and aren't too badly themed (probably easily repainted). I think The WCC from Muscle Machines are the best option for Dreadnoks out there at the moment.

Zartan turned out amazing and he's one of my favorite characters. Still have my 1/6 Sideshow of him too and Hasbro did this guy justice in the Classified Line. Can't wait Flint and Lady Jaye Classified to arrive soon...

I ordered Flint and Lady Jaye from Pulse as well so I am sure I will get them sometime around Christmas.

Back