G.I. Joe: Classified 6" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a cluster you know what Hasblow has done with distribution of this line. I?m glad other companies are tackling the G.I.Joe franchise like Mezco , Threezero, etc because I?m about done with the scarcity and utter ridiculousness of trying to find these exclusives in stores. I have over a dozen Targets in my area and not one ever got the Island exclusives Viper and Firefly..not one :gah:

On the flip side the same company ( Hasblow) is cranking out ML left and right and although they haven?t heavenly stocked my local Targets and Walmarts since the holidays , I?m still able to see ML waves ( albeit) waves that are way behind then over cities mind you, available to purchase .

another thing that needs to stop is this street dating nonsense or at least Targets or Walmart?s putting out product that shouldn?t be sold before the release date. I can?t believe this crap is still happening. You?d think by now Hasbro would?ve communicated to these stores and tell them even though the product has arrived in the stores..don?t put it out until after the street date, if there is one tagged to the line and make sure the employees know this.

How difficult can that be. Meanwhile, Hasblow is going completely overkill on transformers at my local Targets and Walmart?s to the point , where everything has become a ridiculous amount of both peg and shelf warmers..the same company that?s doing both ML and Joes.

What is Hasblow thinking :slap

What a cluster you know what Hasblow has done with distribution of this line. I?m glad other companies are tackling the G.I.Joe franchise like Mezco , Threezero, etc because I?m about done with the scarcity and utter ridiculousness of trying to find these exclusives in stores. I have over a dozen Targets in my area and not one ever got the Island exclusives Viper and Firefly..not one :gah:

On the flip side the same company ( Hasblow) is cranking out ML left and right and although they haven?t heavenly stocked my local Targets and Walmarts since the holidays , I?m still able to see ML waves ( albeit) waves that are way behind then over cities mind you, available to purchase .

another thing that needs to stop is this street dating nonsense or at least Targets or Walmart?s putting out product that shouldn?t be sold before the release date. I can?t believe this crap is still happening. You?d think by now Hasbro would?ve communicated to these stores and tell them even though the product has arrived in the stores..don?t put it out until after the street date, if there is one tagged to the line and make sure the employees know this.

How difficult can that be. Meanwhile, Hasblow is going completely overkill on transformers at my local Targets and Walmart?s to the point , where everything has become a ridiculous amount of both peg and shelf warmers..the same company that?s doing both ML and Joes.

What is Hasblow thinking :slap

Shoot, I've seen ONE Firefly and that's it from this Wave in however many months since it's release. Only reason I bought it is to put on Ebay to recoup the cost from when I purchased a Firefly on Ebay a month ago since I bought one thinking I would never see any.

Funny short story: loud guy who works the toy department was over there unboxing last Friday when I asked him if he had any GI Joe Classifieds in there. He scanned the Viper tag which told him that it was now logged to no sale or supply in stores, for online purchase only. Now, I knew that there was no way that it could be purchased on Target.com but, I thanked him anyways for checking.

No panic from me though, I think lot of these hard to find troopers will end up being re-issued in Redeco form for later purchase as non-exclusives. You already see that with other figures in the line.

Shoot, I've seen ONE Firefly and that's it from this Wave in however many months since it's release. Only reason I bought it is to put on Ebay to recoup the cost from when I purchased a Firefly on Ebay a month ago since I bought one thinking I would never see any.

Funny short story: loud guy who works the toy department was over there unboxing last Friday when I asked him if he had any GI Joe Classifieds in there. He scanned the Viper tag which told him that it was now logged to no sale or supply in stores, for online purchase only. Now, I knew that there was no way that it could be purchased on Target.com but, I thanked him anyways for checking.

No panic from me though, I think lot of these hard to find troopers will end up being re-issued in Redeco form for later purchase as non-exclusives. You already see that with other figures in the line.

Exactly. I'll just pick up the second releases or the ones made widely available. Sure, it would be nice to have the Target Exes but I'm still happy with Hasbro for how much love they're giving GI Joe including lending the license to other companies. Heck there's a new Lady Jaye show in the works and a few movies, new games, figs. GI Joe is back with a vengeance and it's pretty great to see and the Classified line is awesome imo

I got my Action Force guns and a Megatron Pistol that I got off of Etsy today!
Cobra W Action Force Gun And Custom Megatron From Etsy 003.jpg

The Action Force guns are proportionate with the Classified figures and look really good. They're exceptionally sturdy, not fragile or so soft that they bend like noodles. All the pistols fit Classified holsters except that hand cannon Destro is holding there. M4 Magazines are a little out of proportion, I think that was done so they'll fit into Action Force ammo pouches. Not a big issue to me.
More pics in the Action Force thread I made in the GI Joe/History thread.

The Megatron Pistol is 3D printed and quite sturdy still, caution should be used to place it into a figure's hand. I heated CC's hand in warm water before placing the Pistol there. It needs a little sanding and paint but I'm surprised by the quality.
This is who I bought the Megatron Pistol from, I will be placing orders for his other GI Joe related guns in the future:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/Mark2Design?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=876464816

What does everyone think of the Red Ninja?

My personal opinion? Worthless. Unoriginal design, no ties to GI Joe roots, shameless repaint with an plastic overlay. I had zero interest in this guy and was happy to pass on him. If people are digging them, then all the better, cause I'm not out there grabbing any up from people that want him.

I have zero use for this figure.

Kinda have to agree. Hands down the worst design so far. Just uninspired. The upside is that it comes with a ton of stuff and a lot of people dig it. I think it looks weird personally. I just wish they would’ve stuck with a normal looking ninja.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who isn't thrilled about the Red Ninjas. So many other worthy army builders should have been made first.

Again, I only got one to open so it could be a companion piece to Storm Shadow.

Then just get the Hand Ninja. Small shoulders and a bit too tall issues aside, it still works when crouched and in action poses, which is what you'd usually pose a Ninja doing.
Marvel Legends Hand Ninja W Classified 001.jpg
Marvel Legends Hand Ninja W Classified 002.jpg

Nah. Rather Hasbro give it another try for a cobra ninja that people actually like. No offense

Nah. Rather Hasbro give it another try for a cobra ninja that people actually like. No offense

None taken. I have a feeling that you'll be waiting awhile before Hasbro does a Arashikage Red Ninja. 40th next year and we'll see a bunch of old school 1/18 Joes made into 1/12, then after a couple of years to get through the remake releases, then they'll venture into figures that were never released back in the day, like Red Ninjas.

They only had about 48 units of each available so it was literally just a handful of cases. They were up for a couple of hours just because they were unannounced and undiscovered. I know there’s a lot of him that partner exclusive page will be put to more work gong forward for both sides of the pond.

Just thought I’d share that the Hoth Rebel Trooper alternate face plate makes a decent stand-in for Zartan’s original bearded mask

01-FCF2-E8-8370-4168-8-EC1-9-CCB3-CDC70-FF.jpg

They only had about 48 units of each available so it was literally just a handful of cases. They were up for a couple of hours just because they were unannounced and undiscovered. I know there’s a lot of him that partner exclusive page will be put to more work gong forward for both sides of the pond.

Considering that there's only 70 people in the UK, that ain't half bad.

The Wal-mart HISS tank popped up as well.

Here's hoping that EVENTUALLY we'll see a fair amount of Cobra Island on there. I don't think we'll see the past two waves but maybe Wave 3?

Back