G.I. Joe: Classified 6" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Makes zero sense.

You mean Hasbro sending to retailers first?

Retailers buy in the hundreds of thousands, maybe millions in product a year. Consumers like you and I may spend a couple hundred a year or less. Hasbro still very much supports the brick-and-mortar/e-tailer model and wants to supply retailers first.

In a weird mirror of this; Target is cancelling Viper pre-orders and is still shipping stock to their stores: Why? Because they want to support their stores overall. So luring us in with Vipers and hoping we buy more than just toys can do that.

I know it sucks, but that's how it works. Maybe folks should cancel or don't pre-order from PULSE anymore.

Hasbro is really in an odd position. They really don’t need retail anymore for their collectors lines. They’re never in stock 95% of the time I hunt and I’m going 2-3 times a week on average for the odds and ends. It’s basically wasted retail space. Target and Walmart need to quadruple their orders or GTFO of the collectors arena. Pulse and other fan channel etailers would have been perfect avenues for Cobra Island. Yet they have this antiquated idea they need to appease Target and Walmart to even carry their lines.

When was the last time you heard of a retailer exclusive baby toy sub line? Just not on anyone’s radar right? The kids toys will always be a thing they want to stock. Those are more of the impulse buys they are looking for.

Sideshow has the right idea. They take care of their own orders and then fill their retailers’ orders. Why cannibalize your own sales with middle men? Plenty of reasons for us to not order direct, but each order not on their website is less money made per item. Hasbro needs that approach with Pulse because right now they are the safety net back up for so many of us. Cancel if we can get it elsewhere earlier, keep the order if we can’t.

Snow fun with Firefly

zzz snowfun1.jpgzzz snowfun2.jpgzzz snowfun6.jpgzzz ff skiing.jpgzzz ff skiing1.jpgzzz ff skiing2.jpgzzz ff skiing3.jpg

Great shots Big Guy! I remember the first and last time I played with my Joes in the snow, 20 minutes in Lake Tahoe back in '87.

I managed to find a Firefly, the final CI figure I needed. Despite not liking the redesign at first, I like the figure a whole lot more in person. Since I have a 6" Havoc from Fortnite in hand and a Action Force Urban Camo dude with Balaclava on order, I'll have a more faithful representation until Hasbro gives us one. Bizarre that the Fortnite Havoc is more faithful to Firefly than Hasbro's official version. I'm sure with the 40th Anniversary of RAH next year, we'll see more faithful versions of Joes in the future.

Great shots Big Guy! I remember the first and last time I played with my Joes in the snow, 20 minutes in Lake Tahoe back in '87.

I managed to find a Firefly, the final CI figure I needed. Despite not liking the redesign at first, I like the figure a whole lot more in person. Since I have a 6" Havoc from Fortnite in hand and a Action Force Urban Camo dude with Balaclava on order, I'll have a more faithful representation until Hasbro gives us one. Bizarre that the Fortnite Havoc is more faithful to Firefly than Hasbro's official version. I'm sure with the 40th Anniversary of RAH next year, we'll see more faithful versions of Joes in the future.

Googles "Fortnite Havoc Figure"

Wow, you aren't kidding, right down to the green gun.

I have that Havoc figure as well, HAHA. I still have him in one of my displays as a knockoff Firefly. I wasn't crazy about Classified Firefly...until I actually had him. What an incredible figure! I love that you can put all of his accessories and weapons on or inside his backpack!

My shipment came today from BBTS. Zartan is my new favorite figure. Much like Destro, he faithfully looks like his original and yet modernized at the same time. I LOVE the new "invispin" technology they've started with Zartan! What an incredible improvement!! I gave my new Cobra Infantry and Cobra Viper the sleeves I had extra from my Cobra Troopers.

Flint and Lady Jaye are pre-ordered from BBTS. The only figure I'm sweating is the Snake Supreme Cobra Commander I ordered from Hasbro Pulse. Hopefully, they won't cancel those 2 figures for me.

And that will put me owning every figure to date...until they announce Cobra Island Wave 3. :(

Attachments

• IMG_0562.jpg
    IMG_0562.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_0566.jpg
    IMG_0566.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_0568.jpg
    IMG_0568.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 166
I'll Admit Classified Firefly Is NOT truly Firefly.

However Still a fun figure.

As for his Smaller self version. Of course the V1 but loose the Bandoleers (always hated that). Much preferred the 4 inch versions when he started getting a tactical vest.

Like you @screamingmetal I have the VV Action Force Urban Trooper (Well a few actually LOL) on PO
The Fortnite Havok does look closer to him, his Hands are his let down and needs more articulation. Though as said Action Force Urban troopers to the rescue.

However Once I get a Second Classified Firefly (I Really Do like the Head sculpt) I will be using the Head for my Cloth uniform 6inch Firefly. Plus Much more articulated than the Classified.

zzz ff and alt body1.jpgzzz ff and alt body2.jpgzzz ff and alt body3.jpg

My Targets are so freakin behind ..it?s pathetic

None never carried Viper or Firefly and I haven't seen any joes since Xmas

Just WWE, transformers and DC Mcfarlane is the only new stuff in my many Targets I?ve seen in two months after the holidays :gah:

My Targets are so freakin behind ..it?s pathetic

None never carried Viper or Firefly and I haven't seen any joes since Xmas

Just WWE, transformers and DC Mcfarlane is the only new stuff in my many Targets I?ve seen in two months after the holidays :gah:

We still have Toys R Us in Canada and they carry the Target line since Target folded in Canada. The TRU staff said they haven't received a shipment in a couple months and said it's due to Corona. This pandemic needs to be over already so we can buy some Joes lol. Hope you all are staying well out there while we wait

Hasbro is really in an odd position. They really don?t need retail anymore for their collectors lines. They?re never in stock 95% of the time I hunt and I?m going 2-3 times a week on average for the odds and ends. It?s basically wasted retail space. Target and Walmart need to quadruple their orders or GTFO of the collectors arena. Pulse and other fan channel etailers would have been perfect avenues for Cobra Island. Yet they have this antiquated idea they need to appease Target and Walmart to even carry their lines.

When was the last time you heard of a retailer exclusive baby toy sub line? Just not on anyone?s radar right? The kids toys will always be a thing they want to stock. Those are more of the impulse buys they are looking for.

Sideshow has the right idea. They take care of their own orders and then fill their retailers? orders. Why cannibalize your own sales with middle men? Plenty of reasons for us to not order direct, but each order not on their website is less money made per item. Hasbro needs that approach with Pulse because right now they are the safety net back up for so many of us. Cancel if we can get it elsewhere earlier, keep the order if we can?t.

I think you hit the nail on the head of the thinking of Hasbro (and Mattel, Lego, Jazzwares, etc.?) management. They're very old school and still feel a need to appease big-box stores. Either that or big box stores like Target and Wal-mart have VERY GOOD product negotiators who have set a standard with these "Exclusive figure" deals.

As long as Target and Wal-mart ("The Big 2") carry toys and place multi-million dollar orders, Hasbro will likely always be catering to them. They use toys as "loss leaders" to draw people in, the 'exclusive' strategy and low distribution/order numbers reflects that. Even if overall "action figure" sales are down. I think they do need to keep an eye to the future and look at outlets like Sideshow as models and e-tailers like their own Pulse and Amazon, BBTS as their future selling mechanism. If big box stores start to reduce their orders, Hasbro should look inwardly. Aside from selling online, maybe they should think about their own physical "Hasbro toy shop". Maybe try NYC, LA, or some other population center and see how it does.

Found this interesting article: https://www.retaildive.com/news/the-toy-category-still-hasnt-recovered-from-the-death-of-toys-r-us/571701/

It outlines how Target poised itself to "take over" from TRU, but as toy sales declined from 2018...it possibly shook big box confidence in carrying as much product as they would've liked to because they just weren't selling.

I think you hit the nail on the head of the thinking of Hasbro (and Mattel, Lego, Jazzwares, etc.?) management. They're very old school and still feel a need to appease big-box stores. Either that or big box stores like Target and Wal-mart have VERY GOOD product negotiators who have set a standard with these "Exclusive figure" deals.

As long as Target and Wal-mart ("The Big 2") carry toys and place multi-million dollar orders, Hasbro will likely always be catering to them. They use toys as "loss leaders" to draw people in, the 'exclusive' strategy and low distribution/order numbers reflects that. Even if overall "action figure" sales are down. I think they do need to keep an eye to the future and look at outlets like Sideshow as models and e-tailers like their own Pulse and Amazon, BBTS as their future selling mechanism. If big box stores start to reduce their orders, Hasbro should look inwardly. Aside from selling online, maybe they should think about their own physical "Hasbro toy shop". Maybe try NYC, LA, or some other population center and see how it does.

Found this interesting article: https://www.retaildive.com/news/the-toy-category-still-hasnt-recovered-from-the-death-of-toys-r-us/571701/

It outlines how Target poised itself to "take over" from TRU, but as toy sales declined from 2018...it possibly shook big box confidence in carrying as much product as they would've liked to because they just weren't selling.

A Hasbro toy shop would be a brilliant idea, but if not, yes PULSE should definitely carry the exclusives. Mind you, they could still give them to Target but also carry the Target stuff on the Pulse website. Good ideas, all

@ Big Guy I'm loving those snow shots and the others but Firefly and Destro are looking awesome in the snow!!

Back