G.I. Joe: Classified 6" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a nice surprise this morning, woke up, turned my computer on and all my Target webpages load as homepages, go through them and Beachhead shows "limited stock" at the second Target that I visited yesterday. I give them a call and talk with the toy department manager I talked with yesterday, she remembered me and as a favor, decided to give the stock room a look. Turns out they just got some in on a truck yesterday! She found the one box of Roadblock at first and didn't know these come one type per case, so she looked and found the Beachhead case. She said she'd leave the case for me at customer service, I said I only wanted one figure which she was shocked by, because the guy that called her just before me wanted one of each WHOLE CASE. Turns out there are some scummy scalpers in the area. She said she'll look for the Trooper and if she found that one she'd leave me one of each figure.

Well I just came back with my Beachhead!
I don't have time to open but he looks great in the box.
Either they don't have the Trooper or she just didn't find it. It's okay because I'm happy to just have a Beachhead.
Hopefully I'll have the same luck with the Cobra Trooper someday.

That's awesome! I'm really glad you were able to find Beachhead!

I also sent you a PM.

I?m glad to see some fellow freaks helping each other out! That?s the only way to counter those scalpers!

I still have a brown eyed Beach Head available if anyone has access to any wave 2 figures (CC, Gung Ho, Red Ninja). I?ll happily straight trade for any of them.

I'm looking for Beach Head and Troopers too, happy to work out some trades as well! Or I can buy them with a little extra. Trades are good if you're interested in Figuarts (Marvel, Dragon Ball, some DC).

Geez...same Target that had Cobra Commander last week...they put up a Red Ninja, Gung-ho and another Cobra Commander. :lol I snagged them.

Seems like retailers are "receiving" Wave 2...maybe confusingly putting them out? Hmm...

I don't believe they're street dated like the Cobra Island figures. I think they're just putting out stock as they receive it.

They are...at least...the Target employee I asked claimed they were according to her little scanner. She said they wouldn't ring up even though I told her that I bought a CC a few days before. Thankfully she wasn't trying to snatch them back or anything, I politely told her I'm happy to return them to the shelves if they didn't ring up. Sure enough, they rang up just fine.

It's strange - every figure has it's own DPCI so you can find it, but PRICE-WISE it appears that the G.I. Joe figures are under their own singular "price label" at Target. So when new items come in and fall under the "general" GI Joe Classified Series (like Wave 1 & 2)...they can ring up just fine because the system "thinks" it's a general sale. The Wave 1.5 Cobra Island figures had their own labels (i.e. "Mayday", "Dragonfly" etc.)

The whole Hasbro distribution is messed up right now. Partially COVID, partially poor comms between Target/Hasbro, partial the unexpected popularity of the Classified Series (led to rumored "low" orders)...I don't know what's going on, but if it works in the fans' favor than that's for the best!

Early run to Target scored me the entire 1st wave which I needed, really surprised & happy. Left the extra Snake Eyes. Met another local from the other side of town who was there looking for the Cobra Troopers. Now for the wave 2...

Maybe I'm spoiled by the fact that I've been buying high-end ($35+) collectibles for the past few years like Figuarts, Revoltech, Hot Toys, etc. but the quality on some of these figures is kinda bad!

Got a Snake-Eyes with an extremely floppy torso joint...he's going to be returned. I'm happy Hasbro is testing their own "drop-down" leg articulation but from just gently twisting a leg up at the hip I could see the white stress mark starting on Scarlett's ball-peg joint so I'm returning her.

Anyone else running into this. Any way to tell if I'm getting a *good* Snake Eyes? I might wait for this new run of figures Hasbro is doing...hopefully the quality is better.

Hit another Target by work at lunch today. 1 Beach Head which another collector bought. That was it. Kinda fun chatting with other collectors in the toy aisle though.

Hit another Target by work at lunch today. 1 Beach Head which another collector bought. That was it. Kinda fun chatting with other collectors in the toy aisle though.

I haven't met any other collectors in my GI Joe Classified pursuits. Not friendly ones at least. I did have a guy step directly in front of me to look at the Joe figures at Target while I was looking at them. He just looked around quickly, angrily shook his head, and walked off only to reappear a few moments later to begrudgingly take a CI Roadblock.

The hard thing is, at least for me, my mind automatically goes to ‘scalper scum’ whenever I encounter a fellow adult looking through the action figure aisle. Not exactly an easy barrier to cross. ‘You a scalper?’ ‘Yeah, so what?’ ‘Go to hell!’ :lol

I generally will avoid conversations because of they but if they start I’ll gladly chat. Only happed once or twice in all my years of collecting though.

I figured dude was looking for the Cobra Troopers to either scalp or army build. He said he uses pop finder or something to check stock and locations. I'm just glad to find one of each, my bank isn't big enough to purchase multiples. My son in law works at Target in electronics & found a hidden Cobra Island Road Block for me last night. Feeling good this week.

Stopped by two local Target's today. One had Wave 1 except for Scarlett and the other had nada.

Interesting though. I heard on some other boards that there are rumors that Flint and Zartan are part of Wave 3...didn't know where these were coming from until now.

As I looked over the shoulder of a Target employee helping me out with searching for any Wave 2 in the back (Target's website says it's "in stores" but I think it's mostly just Wave 1 what it's really finding)...he was skimming through what appeared to be the list of figures. I clearly saw something along the lines of "GJS" FLINT and "GJS" ZARTAN...I also saw "BBQ" and "SHIPWRECK" without the "GJS" prefix.

There's also some concern that sadly :( ...there might be another Target Exclusive Wave and hence, this is why some of these names are in Target's system.

I haven't met any other collectors in my GI Joe Classified pursuits. Not friendly ones at least. I did have a guy step directly in front of me to look at the Joe figures at Target while I was looking at them. He just looked around quickly, angrily shook his head, and walked off only to reappear a few moments later to begrudgingly take a CI Roadblock.

Haha, that's a funny encounter - by the way, anyone asks "who's that' on my shelf when pointing to CI Roadblock, I say........"Heavy Duty, of course!"

FYI - Arctic Storm Shadow is periodically popping up back on Amazon for those that missed out. Keep an eagle eye on the page.

Yep, I?m jus about done collecting this line if this continues. What?s the use....

Just order online or support your local comic shops that carry the line. That's what I'm doing. Target went belly up in Canada so I can't get any of the Target line unless I pay ebay scalpers. That doesn't mean I can't build an awesome collection of the regular Classified line. Like, c'mon, you guys are talking like Target is the only place that sells GI Joe. Try not to sweat the small stuff :dunno:) In other news, I'm excited for Zartan and Flint!!!

Back