G.I. Joe: Classified 6" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the demand is there for a 3 3/4” Hasbro scales Flagg, but no way could they ever do a decent sized one for the 6” figures. Haslab would be the only way to do it because Hasbro has said for years they just couldn’t reissue the Flagg again for a reasonable price.

The recent mobile game has Beach Head with blue eyes some there is at least some source that had that color but I do suppose it was ultimately a running change/ error correction to brown.

The "circle" Destro is a weird running change...it looks fine and they already put lines along his mask? I wonder why Hasbro did that.

Blue eye and Brown eye Beachhead...geezus Hasbro. Maybe this is a factory misprint? Most media depicts him with brown/hazel eyes so that's likely the "correct" one.

I think COVID-19 obviously messed up a lot of the initial roll-out of this line and instead of holding up and "fixing" things (i.e. overall weird distribution of figures, strange running changes, floppy torso on Snake-eyes, etc.)..Hasbro just pumped everything out for the money. I don't blame them, I think they get a "pass" this time around because the line is awesome. But if these bungles continue, I think you might see people get frustrated and abandon the line.

Wait there?s a Destro variation? What?s the difference?

I made a list of the announced/released Joes and their corresponding numbers, for anyone interested:

00 - Snake Eyes (Hasbro Pulse exclusive)
01 - Roadblock
02 - Snake Eyes
03 - Destro
04 - Duke
05 - Scarlett
06a - Cobra Commander
06b - Cobra Commander (Regal variant)
07 - Gung-Ho
08 - Red Ninja
09 - Supreme Leader Cobra (Hasbro Pulse exclusive)
10 - Beach Head (Target exclusive)
11 - Cobra Island Roadblock (Target exclusive)
12 - Cobra Trooper (Target exclusive)
13 - Baroness w/C.O.I.L. (Target exclusive)
14 - Arctic Mission Storm Shadow (Amazon exclusive)
15 - Profit Director Destro

There's a visual checklist someone made that was circulating as well. I have it saved on my home PC but couldn't find it again with a quick Google search.

As someone who likes to get all the numbers displayed in order by doesn?t always pick up variants, I wish the variant figures had their original number plus a B, like the two shades of CC.

So I was reading on the hisstank forums that people who were able to get pre-orders in for the target exclusive wave back in July are now having their order status changed to back order. So that makes me wonder, how are they going to be able to put more up for pre-order this Friday if existing pre-orders are being put on back order?

Again, it seems like demand for this line has been underestimated and especially this exclusive target wave. I doubt Friday will yield much results in the store as well, since a lot of stores have already sold their stock and those that do have stock will probably sell it off right when the store opens. I went to a target on August 1 half an hour before opening, when Hasbro tweeted that the figures could be sold in store on August 1, and there were several other people there in line also looking for the target wave.

Wait there?s a Destro variation? What?s the difference?

One has the circle on his head, pictured here. The other does not.

download (1).jpg

As someone who likes to get all the numbers displayed in order by doesn?t always pick up variants, I wish the variant figures had their original number plus a B, like the two shades of CC.

I would appreciate that as well since I've been keeping them in their boxes so far. It would be nice to be able to discern a difference from the packaging.

So I was reading on the hisstank forums that people who were able to get pre-orders in for the target exclusive wave back in July are now having their order status changed to back order. So that makes me wonder, how are they going to be able to put more up for pre-order this Friday if existing pre-orders are being put on back order?

Again, it seems like demand for this line has been underestimated and especially this exclusive target wave. I doubt Friday will yield much results in the store as well, since a lot of stores have already sold their stock and those that do have stock will probably sell it off right when the store opens. I went to a target on August 1 half an hour before opening, when Hasbro tweeted that the figures could be sold in store on August 1, and there were several other people there in line also looking for the target wave.

I've seen people posting this as well. Every order I've seen switched to back-order though has had Baroness as part of the order. She's the one Cobra Island figure that hasn't been sighted at any Target, or even shown as in stock through third party sites that track Target's inventory.

Finally got this in (standard edition) and first pose I put him in!
Joints are kinda loose...not terrible, but hope they don't get worse over time. Didn't realize he doesn't come with fists!

Glad to have a good representation of him finally. Now the long wait for other more classic looking Joes!

Darkened the buckle in photoshop just to see how it would look - so I think I will paint it dark and possibly the metal part of his sword silver.
50222908436_eaf881999f_b.jpg

50223132187_53d721b02b_b.jpg

Finally got this in (standard edition) and first pose I put him in!
Joints are kinda loose...not terrible, but hope they don't get worse over time. Didn't realize he doesn't come with fists!

Glad to have a good representation of him finally. Now the long wait for other more classic looking Joes!

Darkened the buckle in photoshop just to see how it would look - so I think I will paint it dark and possibly the metal part of his sword silver.
50222908436_eaf881999f_b.jpg

50223132187_53d721b02b_b.jpg

great pics and such a great figure! I had the opportunity to buy him this week during grocery shopping but I just didn't want to go down the rabbit hole. I do wish I could get that sculpt in 1/6 scale though.

I watched the GI Joe ?Toys that made us? show on Netflix this week. Very interesting back story to the figures I grew up playing with. Al it if you have likely already seen it. Something that tickled me was that Hasbro needed to save costs and decided to do so by removing decals. Instead of downgrading all figures though, they chose one particular figure, choosing to ship it in basic unpainted black. Far from being a peg warmer as expected, it went on to become the most popular GI Joe figure amongst the kids. That figure was Snake Eyes! Amazing.

Woke up just minutes ago and checked Target.com, the only figure available for purchase online is Roadblock, so I placed an order.
https://www.target.com/p/g-i-joe-classified-series-roadblock-action-figure/-/A-79659826
I'm still going to the store in a few hours but inventory checker is saying there's nothing available at my store except possibly a Cobra Trooper (limited stock), I hope it's just early and I'll be surprised.
Back ta bed, 'night yall.

Well that was a total f'k up.
Went to the local Target minutes before they opened, there was a line of about five people there, all after the Joes. Went to the isle, NOTHING THERE. Asked an employee, she looked them up on her device, none available at the store. Went to the other Target nearby, NOTHING. Asked the department manager and she said she's had calls all morning about them and they don't have any.

Looking at inventory trackers and there's only a few Roadblocks about 25 miles away, and nothing else.
I overheard someone at the first Target that they all went up for order last night, only Roadblock still available. I think either people bought them online for store pickup snipping everyone going to the store or, someone put them out locally last night or earlier and they're all gone.
I hate these damn store exclusives.

Well that was a total f'k up.
Went to the local Target minutes before they opened, there was a line of about five people there, all after the Joes. Went to the isle, NOTHING THERE. Asked an employee, she looked them up on her device, none available at the store. Went to the other Target nearby, NOTHING. Asked the department manager and she said she's had calls all morning about them and they don't have any.

Looking at inventory trackers and there's only a few Roadblocks about 25 miles away, and nothing else.
I overheard someone at the first Target that they all went up for order last night, only Roadblock still available. I think either people bought them online for store pickup snipping everyone going to the store or, someone put them out locally last night or earlier and they're all gone.
I hate these damn store exclusives.

I went to Liberty Target last night at 7:00 and was told they "have 6 or 7 boxes in the back". Before I left, they also had Duke, Scarlett and Roadblock from Wave 1 and a single Cobra Trooper. I grabbed the Trooper so that means, even though I was told August 14 yadda yadda, they had a box opened last night and at least 5 other Troopers were sold.
I was the only one in line this morning at 6:30 when they opened at 7:00. Guess what? Yup...nothing in the back and she said they have 1 box showing but couldn't find it. I wanted to tell her, yeah that's the box that was opened yesterday BEFORE THE STREET DATE!!!
Managed to get 2 Cobra Island Roadblocks ordered online before they sold out.

I'm never going back to Liberty Target again. This whole thing has been a cluster eff but their own store employees clearly are not communicating with each other.

I'm still all in on Classified and this fiasco is not going to make me want to dump the whole thing like a lot of other collectors have said.

Good luck to everyone out there and a serious EFF YOU to the online @$$HOLES bragging about their 8-10 Cobra Troopers.

I'm at work so I couldn't go this morning, but I was going to run to Target at lunch...sounds like it's a waste of time.

I’m jus wondering if this particular series is gonna be impossible to get, or more available later.......

I went to Target on lunch today. They only had two CI Road Blocks, one Duke, and one wave 1 Road Block. Picked up the latter two since I still have mine boxed and the boxes were nicer on these ones.

Fortunately I've got all of the CI I want, aside from Baroness, and it looks like no one has found her yet stateside. Ordered wave 2 from multiple retailers in an attempt to get those figures as early as possible. Hopefully distribution for this line gets straightened out moving forward. I also hope Hasbro has learned a lesson from offering store exclusives during a pandemic.

What a joke. Why does it say limited stock when I went there when they opened and saw nothing. They even checked in the back

I’m sick of these exclusives :gah:

Back