G.I. Joe: Classified 6" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The target here literally had one figure come in. Not one case, but one figure. The employee said it was the weirdest thing he ever seen as far as orders go.

For the time being I've decided only to unbox any duplicates that I get. So far, that would be Duke and both versions of Roadblock. Have another Snake Eyes and Destroy on order. Just need to track down one more Beach Head, Scarlett, and a few extra Cobra Troopers. Started this evening with Duke. Really phenomenal figure. Tons of articulation, easily holds a pose, great sculpting and detail, and the paint is probably an 8 or 9 out of 10. A few blemishes here and there but nothing that really detracts. It's very impressive considering the price point at $20.

IMG_5176.jpg

I found Destro..finally of all places though..Walmart.

What I learned today was Target apps and websites are wrong..Brickseek is sort of right..PopFindr is wrong

And Hasblow screwed up the release date ..because I don’t think anybody other than online..found Baroness..I truly believe she hasn’t shown up in Targets at all

If you go to the target site now..it says Sold Out ..not Pre orders Sold Out..but Sold Out..there is an option where you can get notified when it comes in stock :pfft:

Seriously Hasblow stop making the Joes exclusives :lecture

I consider myself lucky today. I was able to order Beachhead online at 1:30am, and it already shipped. And long story short, but I went to one target at opening knowing they had a case of 6 troopers somewhere. I had an employee find the box in the back (after waiting around 30 minutes, he had to find it on some pallet somewhere), and the 6 of us customers who were there at opening each got one trooper.

Exhausting trying to get these figures....

I consider myself lucky today. I was able to order Beachhead online at 1:30am, and it already shipped. And long story short, but I went to one target at opening knowing they had a case of 6 troopers somewhere. I had an employee find the box in the back (after waiting around 30 minutes, he had to find it on some pallet somewhere), and the 6 of us customers who were there at opening each got one trooper.

Exhausting trying to get these figures....
Well at least you guys aren’t the “army building” jerks that are hogging them all up.

Sounds like today went as well as I thought it would. Massive fail on Target and Hasbro. They need to come up with something to save face ASAP. There’s zero reason any of these figures should be this hard to get. They don’t have any license issues Neca has to deal with with TMNT. These were just way under produced and the ‘pre-orders’ were just a slap in the face. This has gotten to the need for a formal apology level - and that’s coming from someone not easily offended by anything. I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t get another GI Joe fan first Friday for a while in hopes the hate dies down.

Sounds like today went as well as I thought it would. Massive fail on Target and Hasbro. They need to come up with something to save face ASAP. There?s zero reason any of these figures should be this hard to get. They don?t have any license issues Neca has to deal with with TMNT. These were just way under produced and the ?pre-orders? were just a slap in the face. This has gotten to the need for a formal apology level - and that?s coming from someone not easily offended by anything. I wouldn?t be surprised if we don?t get another GI Joe fan first Friday for a while in hopes the hate dies down.

C'mon guys, cool your jets :) I'm sure Hasbro realizes there's much more of a demand now and that the line is a hit and they need to up the supply. Give them a month or so to get it sorted. When launching a whole new design in a brand there's always a risk the line won't do well. Turns out, Classified is doing great and people like the designs and have gotten used to/accepted the upgrades/modernization in design. Hasbro will surely up the supply now, Just has to arive from overseas is probably the hold up. Here's hoping we get more soon and there's always your local Comic shop that'll carry the line. Plenty do in Toronto anyway... but they're waiting on stock replenishment as the Joes have sold out twice here. Good luck all and I'm sure we'll get more stock very very soon

For the time being I've decided only to unbox any duplicates that I get. So far, that would be Duke and both versions of Roadblock. Have another Snake Eyes and Destroy on order. Just need to track down one more Beach Head, Scarlett, and a few extra Cobra Troopers. Started this evening with Duke. Really phenomenal figure. Tons of articulation, easily holds a pose, great sculpting and detail, and the paint is probably an 8 or 9 out of 10. A few blemishes here and there but nothing that really detracts. It's very impressive considering the price point at $20.

View attachment 493125

This guy is stunning. Best modern Duke ever

All the concern and frustration is well-warranted. Major bungle on Target and Hasbro. Especially the complete lack-of-communication AND confusion on the release date. Who instigated that change? Who knows, but it certainly messed everything up for everyone. They should've stuck to the August 14th date. I went out yesterday and hit about 5-6 TARGETs in my area. Only one had about five CI Roadblocks so I picked up one.

On two side-notes:

-I randomly found Cobra Commander at a new "mini-Target" in my area. Was shocked to see him. This Target just opened up and I didn't see Gung-Ho or the Red Ninja either but they had two SEs, Duke and a Roadblock. Maybe the case allocation was different?

-I don't know if it's fans/collectors snatching these up right away, the retailers not ordering enough, but this line has basically ZERO shelf presence in my area. You're lucky if you even see Wave 1. Maybe transitioning to online is the preferred method but for a *new* line in these times, but it's embarrassing to not even see the first Wave on store shelves...I guess in one aspect that's good because it means it's selling, but on the other hand. I saw someone else make this comment but without Toys 'R Us, toys don't have the "space" they used to in these Target and Wal-Marts...sad days.

In general it looks like toys at retail stores are going downhill, I see so many empty pegs these days... and it looks like the store just don't care to order more stock.

Had a nice surprise this morning, woke up, turned my computer on and all my Target webpages load as homepages, go through them and Beachhead shows "limited stock" at the second Target that I visited yesterday. I give them a call and talk with the toy department manager I talked with yesterday, she remembered me and as a favor, decided to give the stock room a look. Turns out they just got some in on a truck yesterday! She found the one box of Roadblock at first and didn't know these come one type per case, so she looked and found the Beachhead case. She said she'd leave the case for me at customer service, I said I only wanted one figure which she was shocked by, because the guy that called her just before me wanted one of each WHOLE CASE. Turns out there are some scummy scalpers in the area. She said she'll look for the Trooper and if she found that one she'd leave me one of each figure.

Well I just came back with my Beachhead!
I don't have time to open but he looks great in the box.
Either they don't have the Trooper or she just didn't find it. It's okay because I'm happy to just have a Beachhead.
Hopefully I'll have the same luck with the Cobra Trooper someday.

Well if anyone ends up with an extra blue eyes Beach Head, I’d happily trade a brown eyed Beach Head or a Cobra Trooper for him.

I found 2 this afternoon, Blue Eyes Beach Head. I will trade you 1 for a Trooper. I'm in Vegas. Pm coming your way.
Well if anyone ends up with an extra blue eyes Beach Head, I’d happily trade a brown eyed Beach Head or a Cobra Trooper for him.

In general it looks like toys at retail stores are going downhill, I see so many empty pegs these days... and it looks like the store just don't care to order more stock.

I believe some of that is due to COVID. Toy aisles in my local Target had been wiped out for a few months and they weren't receiving new inventory. They recently received a ton of inventory and the toy aisles are once again stuffed to the gills. Of course, there are no Joes, but that's just a sign of the demand.

Well if anyone ends up with an extra blue eyes Beach Head, I?d happily trade a brown eyed Beach Head or a Cobra Trooper for him.

Maybe I should've bought two when I was there. :lol
Mine is Blue eyed, very dark blue btw. Not sure which is rarer, or even if I care what color his eyes are since they're so dark they might as well be brown. Opened mine up, love this guy, my favorite Joe as a kid and my favorite of the classified wave. I even like his weird sci-fi gun, looks plausible as a military weapon with the green color and overall shape.

My Green Ninja arrived from Articulated Icons. It took three days to receive it within the same city it was sent from.
I have two other AI figures and I like this version very much, better than Solitaire but the Shinobi AI Ninja is still my favorite. I was thinking of turning him into Kamakura, might just keep him as-is. Comes with balaclava head and "zukin" wrapped head, hood up or down pieces, long sword, short sword and scabbards, sash Baldric & tactical harness, fists, Karate chop, and grip hands with separate trigger fingers and a Kunai knife. A pared down version of their earlier deluxe sets. Good deal if they put them on sale for $20 again ($25 shipped for me).

Back