G.I. Joe: Classified 6" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hasbro needs to change their website name because they certainly do not have their finger on the pulse of collectors and what we want. They’ve completely bungled the relaunch of GI Joe by severely underestimating demand and thinking they needed to beg target to carry the line with an exclusive wave, that is also probably under ordered. I can only pray Target demands more figures produced because they’re literally saying no to money if they don’t. Walmart and Target clearly still don’t understand collectors either.

Right on. This whole thing has really bummed me out. Last time I was into a line this much was the 25th anniversary back in 2007. Back when we had Toys R Us's all over the place and plenty of product to keep the collectors AND the kids happy and content. I miss TRU every GD time I walk down the toy aisles in Walmart and Target.

Found Snake Eyes and Roadblock in the wild last night...took 3 Targets and 2 WM's. Then ordered Duke and Scarlett from Amazon and Destro from Gamestop. Canceled my BBTS preorder. Collecting shouldn't be this hard, lol.

Found Snake Eyes and Roadblock in the wild last night...took 3 Targets and 2 WM's. Then ordered Duke and Scarlett from Amazon and Destro from Gamestop. Canceled my BBTS preorder. Collecting shouldn't be this hard, lol.

It definitely shouldn't be this hard, that's for sure!
Thanks for the Destro tip at GameStop! I just ordered mine, and it was a great deal for less than $25 after taxes and shipping! Once I get the shipping notification, I will cancel my Destro figure at BBTS as well. I still have Wave 1 collector grade pre-ordered at BBTS and will keep it since those will remain MIB.

It definitely shouldn't be this hard, that's for sure!
Thanks for the Destro tip at GameStop! I just ordered mine, and it was a great deal for less than $25 after taxes and shipping! Once I get the shipping notification, I will cancel my Destro figure at BBTS as well. I still have Wave 1 collector grade pre-ordered at BBTS and will keep it since those will remain MIB.
Yes, thanks! I ended up cancelling my Dorkside order, ordered Duke, Destro, Rblock, Scarlett from GameStop and pre-ordered Snake Eyes from BBTS. BBTS shows July arrival while Dorkside shows Nov...
GameStop also has it for a few $ less than everywhere else.
Thx

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Gamestop must have a ton of these because I ordered a couple of them on Monday and got them Thursday. They have the whole first wave available except for Snake Eyes, and they're also on sale. If you get $35 worth of stuff you get free shipping too.

This line is just looking more and more beautiful. Wow. Hasbro is going to have a good year I'm thinking. Really impressed with the Classified line. Can't wait for more... :)

The Cobra Trooper is looking superb, best in the line yet for me (based on videos - I have non in hand in UK yet).

This line is just looking more and more beautiful. Wow. Hasbro is going to have a good year I'm thinking. Really impressed with the Classified line. Can't wait for more... :)

Same - other than some of the weird weaponry, I'm digging it. Looks like some are griping that they don't have the "classic look" but, everything evolves over time; got to roll with it. Probably the same people who want their superheroes decked out wearing the underoos briefs :horror

I’ve never been into gijoe but I saw snake eyes at target and had to grab it. Great figure.:)

Same - other than some of the weird weaponry, I'm digging it. Looks like some are griping that they don't have the "classic look" but, everything evolves over time; got to roll with it. Probably the same people who want their superheroes decked out wearing the underoos briefs :horror

Yeah it's the same people that think Huey Lewis should still be ruling the Billboard Hot 100 35 years later. Hasbro has done a stunning job re-launching GI JOE for today's market. The 80's figures are great too but they're dated which is part of their charm. Everything has to evolve and the Joe relaunch is perfect IMO. I love the vibrant colors and sculpts and size. Also judging by the selling out of products and 98 percent of Youtube comments and thread comments, people are loving the Classified line. I can't wait to see more and am grateful Hasbro is giving so much love to GI JOE. They've done an incredible job

Got my first Joe today. Really pleased with him! Many more in order, I can?t wait.

e861bba27dd36d9c6e98f51eb489ff97.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My target put out their troopers and I grabbed a couple. Normally I don't buy extras, but the fact that you can mix and match accessories is great(and smart on hasbro's part). Still no sign of beachhead or roadblock. I want an extra roadblock to put v1's vest/head on him

Updated collection:

Found a Timber for Snake Eyes online.

Destro's arms warehouse is beginning. Fake Firefly is standing in for some real Cobras down the road.

Attachments

• IMG_0296.jpg
    IMG_0296.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0300.jpg
    IMG_0300.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0301.jpg
    IMG_0301.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 107
:lol Nope. This target exclusive wave has been an absolute cluster muck from the start. Hasbro and Target have not been on the same page.

Checked my local Target and asked the department manager, she confirmed they have them right now but they will not put them out until the 14th. Luckily I have that day off so I'll try and snag them then.

Checked my local Target and asked the department manager, she confirmed they have them right now but they will not put them out until the 14th. Luckily I have that day off so I'll try and snag them then.

I checked with my local Target last night and they confirmed they have the figures (6 figures for each character doesn't seem like a whole lot to me) but won't be able to sell until 8/14.

I'm betting Hasbro will do another Fan First Friday for G.I.JOE on 8/14, and Target.com will have the set available online shortly thereafter. I'm gunning for just 1 Baroness/cycle pack online, grab it, secure it and check out ASAP and then go in again after to try to pick up the other pieces. Hopefully, between that and the actual stores releasing on 8/14, everyone will get what they're wanting as long as it's not 8-10 Cobra Troopers like some jackasses have been bragging about online.

Regardless, I agree with Buttmunch, this has been downright atrocious and I would hope Hasbro will keep future exclusives to their own Hasbro Pulse.

But I kinda F'ing doubt it.

Got my first Joe today. Really pleased with him! Many more in order, I can?t wait.

e861bba27dd36d9c6e98f51eb489ff97.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome figure. The scar is such a cool detail. BTW anyone notice with the Hasbro Youtube channel and Tubi Tv streaming the whole Joe series, how relevant the Cobra team look with their masks on? It's very Corona 21st century "wear your mask" and appears so current to today. Kind of interesting lol. Anyway, can't wait for the next set of figures to be released and the video game :clap

Tried stopping by Target as well. They have Beach Head and the Cobra Trooper but none out on pegs and told me they won’t even try to sell them because they’re labeled as 8/14. With the lack of supply and store exclusives I’m already losing interest in this line.

Back