G.I. Joe: Classified 6" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
73E267C8-9EE0-4080-917E-579924235470.jpgE7728504-39E3-46D6-81FE-D6B1AD49E922.jpgB901C939-CA55-4E8A-A10A-B11DEBD1CA06.jpgD553869F-E1DE-4530-BEBE-DE8BF2310080.jpg8E1E08CB-D896-4893-8648-A9E50C2D6394.jpgA70102E2-6CD3-4F4C-A87B-5D14D2B255DC.jpg217113AA-0BB7-40A6-BFFB-5B1C95058F26.jpgE62F8BDF-04A8-4162-BFB2-F28E48435E86.jpg

Awesome stuff, the beret looks superb on Roadblock!

I wish my Beach Head and Baroness would hurry up and ship.

That looks like the MCU Luke Cage head on Roadblock, much better than the head they gave him. That MCU set is fairly inexpensive now too.

That looks like the MCU Luke Cage head on Roadblock, much better than the head they gave him. That MCU set is fairly inexpensive now too.

It is the Luke Cage head. Was able to pick up the entire figure on eBay for $10 shipped so I figured it was worth to try out this head.

I dig the red scarf around Beach head's neck!

Speaking of scalping and the price on the Cobra Trooper...I'm curious how things will go in the coming months. I wonder if the price might dip a little as the "hype" wears off and some fair-weather fans are sucked back to their normal collections (i.e. Marvel Legends, Black Series, etc.).

I'm on a couple of G.I. Joe Classified Series Facebook groups and there are definitely chunks of folks that are selling their whole collections and/or claiming they're "done" (we'll see but just reporting what I see). I figured there were a large amount of people that swooped into Joe cause of the hype, excitement, etc. and they really don't know ANYTHING about G.I. Joe.

I'm hopeful (but still leaning toward pessimism) that with these folks dropping out, it might make the Vipers and Fireflys easier to find.

Speaking of scalping and the price on the Cobra Trooper...I'm curious how things will go in the coming months. I wonder if the price might dip a little as the "hype" wears off and some fair-weather fans are sucked back to their normal collections (i.e. Marvel Legends, Black Series, etc.).

I'm on a couple of G.I. Joe Classified Series Facebook groups and there are definitely chunks of folks that are selling their whole collections and/or claiming they're "done" (we'll see but just reporting what I see). I figured there were a large amount of people that swooped into Joe cause of the hype, excitement, etc. and they really don't know ANYTHING about G.I. Joe.

I'm hopeful (but still leaning toward pessimism) that with these folks dropping out, it might make the Vipers and Fireflys easier to find.

From what I can tell, even with the release of the regular trooper, we will not see these CObra Island ones drop too much.
Reason being us getting a stripped down version as a wide release.
Sad distribution and early shipping really screwed the pooch on this one.

Let's not forget on some of the FB groups some VERY Selfish and spiteful "Collectors" too.
hard to believe the attitude of Some with TOYS :/

Sorry to hear how the US is getting the pooch screwed outta it. That does Not look very good for us overseas.

I have already head Viper and Firefly are NOT getting a UK release at all. So we have the "PACK getting Screwed over" never mind the single pooch hahaha

I honestly doubt GI Joe is going to be upstaged by Vala. Their price set is higher and the characters aren’t anywhere remotely as famous or popular. They won’t be making movies about Sgt Slaughter anytime soon lol. People are just really swept up in Hasbro being shy about this line. I haven’t seen as many toy guys as I have in the aisles in a loooong time.

In a year they will come out with a deluxe trooper with both heads and all the accessories and that cobra island trooper will still hold some value because of its paint scheme. Especially the blue collared rare version.

I honestly doubt GI Joe is going to be upstaged by Vala. Their price set is higher and the characters aren’t anywhere remotely as famous or popular. They won’t be making movies about Sgt Slaughter anytime soon lol. People are just really swept up in Hasbro being shy about this line. I haven’t seen as many toy guys as I have in the aisles in a loooong time.

In a year they will come out with a deluxe trooper with both heads and all the accessories and that cobra island trooper will still hold some value because of its paint scheme. Especially the blue collared rare version.

On Paper Yes I Agree.

However between Store and Distribution. Hasbroken is Harming itself.

On the plus side those who can wait Will no doubt see these figures Cheaper and more readily available. After all hasbroken Are Masters of reusing their molding tools.

I Do however think with how things are going Vala has a chance.

Me personally the odd characters I like but on the whole they are Fodder for customs. Vala will certainly be adding to that Pile.

Main thing I want from Vala are those Helmets and attachments LOL.

Wow! That ScarJo head looks good for Scarlett. Nice repaint!

Vala worked for Hasbro and is obviously a Joe-fan, I definitely see people snatching up his pieces for customs, but it's hard to beat the "history" of G.I. Joe. The Action Force figures look cool, but none of them really *pop* at me. The price is actually NOT bad considering how inflation and 6" scale figures have been creeping up. They're now slowly creeping to the $30 range...the recent Star Wars Galaxy's Edge stuff is a standard $24.99. His accessory packs with weapons and such are a sure-fire way to make extra cash. If you look at his kickstarter, he only got a little over 2,000 backers on one crowdfunding site and under 700 on Kickstarter...those numbers aren't so great.

I have a feeling that the Vipers and Firefly will have wider stock (unless there's some quantity issues in the Hasbro/Target contract we don't know about). Hasbro is now *super* aware the line is a hit. Now does this all make a difference when they actually release them? Hopefully. I think Vipers will be snatched up but everyone should be able to get Firefly since he's a "single" character.

Part of the reason I say this is that Target seems to be pumping out the Exclusive Galaxy's Edge stuff frequently and there is stock on shelves. At least in my area I've been seeing the Mountain Trooper, Hondo, the robot, etc. regularly and I think some are still in-stock on Target.com. This stuff sold out in the first two weeks it was out, but now as the "dust" settles...I'm seeing the figures that everyone was after. I'm not a Black Series collector so correct me if I'm wrong!

But is bring up a good point CF79 about a "deluxe trooper". I don't know if Hasbro is approaching this with a "less is more" strategy, but they need to strike while the iron is HOT and keep the momentum going on the popularity. I usually describe a toyline like a new TV show, where there is always popularity and your "ratings" are high during the first episode or two, but after that your numbers come down and you see who really 'sticks' around.

Wow! That ScarJo head looks good for Scarlett. Nice repaint!

Vala worked for Hasbro and is obviously a Joe-fan, I definitely see people snatching up his pieces for customs, but it's hard to beat the "history" of G.I. Joe. The Action Force figures look cool, but none of them really *pop* at me. The price is actually NOT bad considering how inflation and 6" scale figures have been creeping up. They're now slowly creeping to the $30 range...the recent Star Wars Galaxy's Edge stuff is a standard $24.99. His accessory packs with weapons and such are a sure-fire way to make extra cash. If you look at his kickstarter, he only got a little over 2,000 backers on one crowdfunding site and under 700 on Kickstarter...those numbers aren't so great.

I have a feeling that the Vipers and Firefly will have wider stock (unless there's some quantity issues in the Hasbro/Target contract we don't know about). Hasbro is now *super* aware the line is a hit. Now does this all make a difference when they actually release them? Hopefully. I think Vipers will be snatched up but everyone should be able to get Firefly since he's a "single" character.

Part of the reason I say this is that Target seems to be pumping out the Exclusive Galaxy's Edge stuff frequently and there is stock on shelves. At least in my area I've been seeing the Mountain Trooper, Hondo, the robot, etc. regularly and I think some are still in-stock on Target.com. This stuff sold out in the first two weeks it was out, but now as the "dust" settles...I'm seeing the figures that everyone was after. I'm not a Black Series collector so correct me if I'm wrong!

But is bring up a good point CF79 about a "deluxe trooper". I don't know if Hasbro is approaching this with a "less is more" strategy, but they need to strike while the iron is HOT and keep the momentum going on the popularity. I usually describe a toyline like a new TV show, where there is always popularity and your "ratings" are high during the first episode or two, but after that your numbers come down and you see who really 'sticks' around.

Funny you say that, just yesterday I received this email from Target on my Mountain Trooper order that was sent to some Target distribution hub in Pennsylvania, sat there for a week, and has now been:
Target Order Canceled 001.jpg

I think some prick working at Target decided to nab my MT and resell it on Ebay.
I've never seen a Hondo or a MT at Target in my area, you must not live in a scalper hot spot.
As for Valaverse, I like what I see and hope that they live up to expectations when they're released and hope there's more to come!

Funny you say that, just yesterday I received this email from Target on my Mountain Trooper order that was sent to some Target distribution hub in Pennsylvania, sat there for a week, and has now been

I think some prick working at Target decided to nab my MT and resell it on Ebay.
I've never seen a Hondo or a MT at Target in my area, you must not live in a scalper hot spot.
As for Valaverse, I like what I see and hope that they live up to expectations when they're released and hope there's more to come!

Wow man, that sucks! Sorry to see!

I live outside of Washington DC in Northern Virginia. It's definitely populated and there is a collector community and certainly some scalpers. It's nothing compared to California and parts of New York, but they're here.

I have NEVER seen any of the Mandalorian stuff (except The Child), but the Galaxy's Edge has been surprisingly "in-stock" here. I've seen Hondo, Mountain Troopers on a regular basis but they have disappeared at the Targets I frequent. Cardinal and the robot guy are the peg-warmers.

Wal-marts here are terrible. ZERO Action Figure line presence. There is nothing. The pegs are empty.

Back