G.I. Joe: Classified 6" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The TRU by me was just stocking their Joes, picked up two Cobra troopers and a Beachhead. Just want a Cobra Commander and then have all that I want for whats released. Hoping some Vipers and Crimson Guards come out :rock:pray:

The TRU by me was just stocking their Joes, picked up two Cobra troopers and a Beachhead. Just want a Cobra Commander and then have all that I want for whats released. Hoping some Vipers and Crimson Guards come out :rock:pray:

Please find me a couple cobra troopers. It sucks over here

Yeah a bit frustrating, took about 25 min. to get The Hellfire Club set, but got the order in eventually.
Wasn't going to get Snake Supreme CC because I thought these ship immediately. Since it's a pre-order, I can save up for SSCC. Went back and also pre-ordered him. Took a while but still a bit easier the second time around.

Same here. I took forever to get my confirmation for SSCC to go through. I was getting pissed because I thought I had missed out on him. But in the end, I have him preordered. I also found Destro at a GameStop today as well.

Are you friggen serious?! I'm jealous out here. I got nothing so far. I need to check the website but will swing by the store tomorrow since it's only 5 km away (3 miles for all our American friends lol) :)

Are you friggen serious?! I'm jealous out here. I got nothing so far. I need to check the website but will swing by the store tomorrow since it's only 5 km away (3 miles for all our American friends lol) :)

The webpage is trash. I tried searching Classified and Gi Joe and nothing came up but went in anyhow.

Interesting the Red Ninja has been found at Wallgreens

I guess the Cobra Trooper wave is the only Target exclusive wave :dunno

I just got my Red Ninja from Amazon.
Not exactly what I think of for a stealthy ninja to wear all this armor, but I really like the overall design. It reminds me of the original Night Creeper figure just cool looking. The sword/Kama sheath "backpack" doesn't want to stay pegged into his back, the hole in his back seems too shallow. The eyes aren't really painted clearly. I'm not sure if I got a badly painted one or they're all like this but there's a yellow stripe of paint across his eyes and bridge of his nose. Makes it look like some kind of optic instead of bare eyes, gives him a sightly inhuman look. If you put the two axes in his hands, he can carry every weapon he comes with, but it's just overkill. Looks best with three tops. Also no extra hands which would've been nice, but at least the wrists on his weapon grip hands are radial flexion, perfect for guns and swords.
Overall great figure, I want another now.

Was trying not to get into this line, because I knew it would just be a money pit. Was holding out for the Alley Vipers, and was going to make a few of those my only purchases for this line, because they were always my favourite, but when I saw Destro I just had to get him. Destro is one of the few Joes I can actually vividly remember the day I bought the original, so he's a little special in that regard.

Quick little "review." I really like that they didn't mess with Destro's design too much. I'm also glad that the little circle I've been seeing on the top of his head in most reviews seems to be a molding error, and not part of a mask redesign. Neither of my Destros have it.

In terms of articulation, I've always hated hinged wrists, and I feel if you have them that a forearm swivel is a must. Unfortunately, these figures don't have a forearm swivel. Other than that, I think the articulation is pretty good. My Snake Eyes has an incredibly loose ab crunch, however. Not really happy with how they've done his shoulders, either. They look like they're too low. It can be fudged to look alright in certain poses, but a standard, museum pose just looks off. I guess they made them like that so they could reuse the mold for figures like the red ninjas, and having lower shoulders allows for things like the shoulder pads to not get in the way of arm articulation. Kinda hope they make a v1 style Snake Eyes at some point, though, because I like the more commando/less ninja versions of Snake Eyes.

As for paint, mine are pretty clean. I might go in and highlight a few detail bits to give it more depth, but it's pretty good for factory paint. The all-black colour scheme of Snake Eyes, which works in concept, kinda just makes him look like a hunk of black plastic, so I feel like there needs to be something to break it up a little. PDD has a kind of sloppy app on his cape, but the leopard print app looks great.

On the subject of guns, I'm not really too excited about the Nerf guns, although I can see why they are doing it. The cartoon Joes, and the later figures, did have fantasy/laser guns, but there are some characters where the real-deal guns are almost a vital part of the character, like Snake Eyes and his uzi. Luckily, I had one in a parts box that I gave him. I gave Destro a stockless assault rifle, as he seems like someone that would shoot from the hip (bullets are cheap when you're an arms dealer). I also replaced his gold gun with an older revolver, because he seems like the kind of guy that would delight in using a no-nonsense, old style weapon to take out an enemy when he had the old super-villain upper hand. I gave his gold gun to PDD, because dual wielding gold pistols seems flashy, and fits what that version of the character has going on.

Overall, I really like the Destros, and the gold head of PDD definitely makes me hope they make a v2/Iron Grenadiers version at some point. However, Snake Eyes immediately made me feel buyer's remorse. I kinda bought him on impulse/instinct, because it's GI Joe. Buying Snake Eyes is a requirement, right? The fact I never really liked Snake Eyes to begin with coupled with the things I perceive as the figure's shortcomings kinda makes me very "Meh" on the figure. If someone was having a hard time finding Snake Eyes and had something like a Cobra Trooper they wanted to trade for it I wouldn't really have a problem accepting that trade. I personally think Cobra Troopers are cooler than Snake Eyes, and I know that's probably heresy in the GI Joe community. :lol

DpFtsDs.jpg

mxOjIAz.jpg

mTBoU0m.jpg

Alice, You'll probably like your Snake when they release Storm Shadow as those two will make for a great display. Awesome pics. Goodnight everyone. I'll let my fellow Canadians know what I find at Toys R Us. So weird we still have TRU but Target went belly up here and it's the exact opposite in the States. Anyway, happy collecting, all...

Also I think there's only one more day if any of you want any Con exclusives from Hasbro Pulse so grab them while you can

They had some in stock for immediate shipment...after those sold out it switched to preorder shipping in March

They had some in stock for immediate shipment...after those sold out it switched to preorder shipping in March

That really sucks for the rest of us! You think since this was a Con exclusive, they would have had enough on hand to ship everyone's immediately. I guess that's why the webpage for him said sold out for the premium membership day and why it's still available now for preorder for everyone else since they have six months to get more of them made.

Yeah I am getting my Cobra Commander early next week as well. I’m going to pew pew pew all the day long when he arrives.

Any EU people know if Supreme Cobra Commander has any EU sellers?

Back