• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Hulk PF, A-bom PF, Thing PF and Wolverine Comiquette!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I couldn't believe it myself. He even emailed me and asked me if he could bid and I said unfortunately at this time I can't ship overseas. The next morning I saw the high bidder had changed, looked at the user ID and thought, "Didn't I tell this guy he couldn't bid?????"

And sure enough, when I looked at the email he sent a day prior that he sent through Ebay it identified his location as Singapore (which potentially should have blocked his bid.) However, when I clicked on his user ID to double check, miraculously his location had changed to the United States (thus bypassing the auction restriction!) :duh Everything else was the same: same user name, same join date, same avatar. So there is no getting around the fact that it was the same person. That's a pretty big loophole (one of many the Ebay world, I guess.)

He must have moved overnight, right? :lol

It's like the only way is to really show a electric bill from the address you actually live at, in order to verify further and restrict things...

Yeah, I couldn't believe it myself. He even emailed me and asked me if he could bid and I said unfortunately at this time I can't ship overseas. The next morning I saw the high bidder had changed, looked at the user ID and thought, "Didn't I tell this guy he couldn't bid?????"

And sure enough, when I looked at the email he sent a day prior that he sent through Ebay it identified his location as Singapore (which potentially should have blocked his bid.) However, when I clicked on his user ID to double check, miraculously his location had changed to the United States (thus bypassing the auction restriction!) :duh Everything else was the same: same user name, same join date, same avatar. So there is no getting around the fact that it was the same person. That's a pretty big loophole (one of many the Ebay world, I guess.)

He must have moved overnight, right? :lol

He took a real fast plane, 24 hour trip completed from 11-7 :lol

It's like the only way is to really show a electric bill from the address you actually live at, in order to verify further and restrict things...

Very true. Everything worked out though. I just placed the user on my "blocked" list.

12daysXmas11text2.jpg

I'm tempted to buy something purely for the entertainment this thread has given me! :lol:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back