Statue Frodo and Sam Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just save them till I can really cut down an item to a better number. So if I could get this for $45 its an easy decision. However, if you collect more than just Middle-earth stuff that can complicate things.

I wanted to save them for something I really wanted. I don't see them releasing a new Iron Man Maquette any time soon, so I might use them on the hobbits.

Sent from my HTC One

We may see something from IM3 at Comic-Con that's not out of the question. However, I'd choose the Hobbits over Iron Man.

I don't mind seeing more. I love the character but I want more stuff from Middle-earth first.

Gags are you talking about the Witch-king or this? Because I think you're the only one who had this show up broke.

My Frodo and Sam arrived safe and sound today. :yess:

This piece is a good deal bigger than I though it was gong to be. :rock

I just need to clean out the hole in the base that receives Sam's right foot peg. :slap

Hope to take some pic soon.

I want to see Merry and Pippin at SDCC even more now. :pray:

Congrats Bill! Glad it made it one piece.

What number did you get?

I'm with ya man. We have to get the other two hobbits.

I got #192 Josh. Thanks mate. :hi5:

Yeah it's always a relief when there are no breaks of issues when a piece arrives. :yess:

In general, this one seems to be getting to our shelves in good shape. :)

And now for some pics.

My_SS_FrodoampSam_Maquette_1_zps6a474ef2.jpg

My_SS_FrodoampSam_Maquette_4_zps03ae4c01.jpg

My_SS_FrodoampSam_Maquette_6_zpsb81ac936.jpg

My_SS_FrodoampSam_Maquette_5_zpsf73721c5.jpg

My_SS_FrodoampSam_Maquette_3_zpsb985e8fb.jpg

A super detailed piece...I love it. :love

That Frodo likeness is off the charts. :clap

And now the wait for SDCC.

Nice to see that this statue turned out well.
Let's see how Merry and Pippin will look like (if they ever get released).

Part of it cracked off and imbedded itself in the styrofoam. The sculpt was under frodos body. The piece is still stuck in there. Small chip on regular frodo sculpt but that's not bad. Yet to send pics to ss returns dept. Will do so soon.

After nearly a month I heard back from CS about my damages portraits. They said no more replacements and offered me $20 credit. I'm really bummed about this. Not sure what to do. I'll see if I can fix it but i'm not liking this result. Where do all the replacement parts go??

FYI... looks like SS are up to their old tricks again. Received 108 EX from my original flex-pay order and it looks like a previous return.

This has obviously been previously opened and then hideously repacked. Parts were not placed in the foam shipper correctly, the exclusive Samwise portrait was loose in the box, stuffed under the body. Swords loose in the box, and all parts of Samwise, both portraits and body have some form of damage. Needless to say this is going straight back.

Watch out if you get a conversion on the EX! 108, more than likely is a return :mad:

FYI... looks like SS are up to their old tricks again. Received 108 EX from my original flex-pay order and it looks like a previous return.

This has obviously been previously opened and then hideously repacked. Parts were not placed in the foam shipper correctly, the exclusive Samwise portrait was loose in the box, stuffed under the body. Swords loose in the box, and all parts of Samwise, both portraits and body have some form of damage. Needless to say this is going straight back.

Watch out if you get a conversion on the EX! 108, more than likely is a return :mad:

Sorry to hear that. I'm betting they got it as a return and didn't check it. Did the shipper look like it had been opened?

Sorry to hear that. I'm betting they got it as a return and didn't check it. Did the shipper look like it had been opened?

Yes, very disappointing... chalk up another return being sent out as new. This wasn't a wait-list conversion either, rather my original flex-pay order made at the time of solicitation.

The shipper was probably in the best condition of the whole item :lol Once inside... the tape around the foam insert was applied in a slipshod manner. On opening the foam inserts, well the obvious misplacement of items and damage told the true story. No customs notice either, so I know it came from SS to me untouched :mad:

Yes, very disappointing... chalk up another return being sent out as new. This wasn't a wait-list conversion either, rather my original flex-pay order made at the time of solicitation.

The shipper was probably in the best condition of the whole item :lol Once inside... the tape around the foam insert was applied in a slipshod manner. On opening the foam inserts, well the obvious misplacement of items and damage told the true story. No customs notice either, so I know it came from SS to me untouched :mad:

You should take pictures of everything and email it to them.

Did you flexpay when it went up for preorder? Seems odd you would get a return, since your flexpay should have reserved a sealed new one from the start

Back