Statue Frodo and Sam Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hobbits Maquette

The more I see the more i like, it looks like it's popping straight out of the movies.

AWESOME statue.

To whoever wondered why Frodo has his hand up to his forehead - he's shielding himself from the gaze of Saurons eye, and Sam is infront protecting his master :yess:

I might have to pick this one up.

might? you mean must....

IMG_5908.JPG

IMG_5909.JPG

IMG_5910.JPG

IMG_5911.JPG

WTF is wrong with Sam's face? Frodo is spot on but didn't like Sam and the orc armor so far.

I'm holding on to the (impossible to become real) dream of exclusive switch on bodies with regular hobbit clothes. :monkey2

Everything in this maquette is very detailed. From the orc suits to the rocky environment base. Frodo's head sculpt is spot-on, it's def Elijah Wood. Sam's okay, not spot-on Sean Astin but it's still okay with me.

Can someone ask if there will be a panel with sneaks/teasers for upcoming pieces???? :pray:Thanks!:wave

Woa, those likenesses are fab :horror
Love it!
And the dirt and weathering on the armor is amazing too.
I agree with a few of you, that I would have liked to see them in hobbit clothing. But to be honest, I think this is done so well I can't complain. Love the pose, love the likeness, love the choice of hobbits.
This piece is :rock
Eye-poppingly gorgeous :p

This is great. I'm glad they did the orc armor versions. It's my favorite part of sam and frodo's journey. All the naysayers can suck it.

Like most, I'd have preferred Fellowship attire, but this is still an important part of the movie and at long last I have someone that I actually recognize as Frodo. Sam, although a little bit round in appearance (particularly for this part of the quest) is still more recognizable than any other representation I've seen thus far. My initial disappointment is more than made up for by the fact that it's a step in the right direction toward finally completing the Fellowship (and perhaps, in this scale at least, the only one we'll ever have).

Thanks for the closeup pics! The faces and armor detail look amazing. I love this line!

I do not like both of them. Frodo's face succeeds. Sam is very weak, but the face is chubby, and I do not like. Already face the only place to work to be metaphors. This piece makes me very sad.

An extended version of Boromir a tremendous choice. But this is a very wrong choice ... Maquette series going down...

I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned this yet but I just saw a video by Averone on the Statue Marvels forum and he got a close, clear shot of the Frodo/Sam MQ tag. The price shown was $180, so I guess that answers the question as to whether having 2 figures together would make a difference in the price.

I'm a little disappointed about the orc disguises, but has anyone done that look yet aside from Toybiz. I think this line will have enough longevity that we'll eventually get hobbits (and Boromir) in their Fellowship attire.

Looks pretty good, and will easily buy this if the $180 price is accurate.

:exactly:

Yep, couldn't agree more Shell :wave

Would have loved them in Hobbit gear. :monkey2

NA03Music_4.jpg

But at least they are there and so will be available to add to the Fellowship in this line. :yess:

The likeness of Frodo looks quite good from what I can see.

So it's looking good for the completion of the Fellowship now.

:duff
Bill
Now that ^^ would have been an incredible piece :rock

Who knows maybe we will get something like that ffrom Weta :dunno.
It surprises me that no-one has tackled that pose with all 4 Hobbits yet, but Weta are creating the 'Fellowship' (walking) Dio so who knows.

Hi Bill :wave

x :duff

I cannot imagine this will sell for 180$ for the both of them...more realistic I'm afraid would be something like that for each!

Back