Statue Frodo and Sam Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hobbits Maquette

that line keep on destroying Weta.

[quote
181183_496275513731454_1438083783_n.jpg
[/quote]

The maquette looks great, the detailing on the orc armour was painstakingly done. I don't get Frodo's pose though with right hand on forehead, and Frodo's and Sam's position is such that you can only set the statue at one direction and have either only one character's face in straight view and the other would be at an angle. But overall great statue!

The only thing that this line so far destroying well - itself.

Not really, the only real issue to complain about in this line is Arwens paintjob (head) so far. When it comes to clothing people have different preferences. To me this statue looks absolutely amazing, the detail and likeness is pretty good.

we need more photos! why is noone taking photos of lotr statues besides the silly sauron!

Just found this on youtube:
(LOTR maquettes @ 2:15)

[ame]https://youtu.be/MIOcH-2dGx8[/ame]

A little dissapointing with the Orc wear but the piece itself looks great :rock
x :duff

:exactly:

Yep, couldn't agree more Shell :wave

Would have loved them in Hobbit gear. :monkey2

NA03Music_4.jpg

But at least they are there and so will be available to add to the Fellowship in this line. :yess:

The likeness of Frodo looks quite good from what I can see. :)

So it's looking good for the completion of the Fellowship now. :yess:

:duff
Bill

Think we'll get a sneak at what else they have planned for the line? would love to see some concept drawings for the other hobbits and those promised "rad designs being cooked up" for the Uruk-Hai...

Very lame choice for outfits. They should have done something with all 4 hobbits in Fellowship gear. Shame because the face sculpts look great!

Just like Boromir should have been in his classic outfit.

I don't think we'll ever get a complete fellowship now, especially with the hobbit stuff coming up. Don't get why it's so hard to do for these companies? The upcoming weta one is nice but far too small.

I love this and will get it.

I'm still waiting for a Boromir PF. I'm really starting to think that will never happen.

I understand the disappointment in the choice of Orc armor. Although if memory serves, Sideshow has done Frodo and Sam in Fellowship outfits in the 12" line. They did Fellowship Frodo in the PF line. They did Fellowship Frodo and Sam statues and busts back in the Sidehow/Weta days. They did a Frodo and Sam Mount Doom statue. But Sideshow has never done a representation of the two in Orc armor. It's not (in my opinion) the most iconic, representative look of the pair if you had to pick just one image, but it's an interesting design choice from the climactic film and it's worth Sideshow tackling it for the first and only time. (I think it's a more worthy choice than the Twilight Witch King, actually.) I personally think that the ultimate Frodo and Sam moment has already been done with the Mount Doom piece--so if they were looking for a different take with great detailing opportunities, this was an interesting if surprising choice.

I think it's a beautifully done piece based on this first image. The detail surpasses what we'd get with Shire clothing, and it captures the essence of Frodo's weary determination/obsession with his quest and Sam's courage and instinctive protection of Frodo. Sam's got one hand back to steady and reassure Frodo while he's otherwise focused on defending him. Meanwhile, Frodo's attention is elsewhere as he stares into the wheel of fire, drawing closer than ever. The costumes might not be iconic, but the overall design choices make this piece a really great representation of Frodo and Sam's relationship and quest.

Very well writen. Couldn't have said it better myself.

I don't think we'll ever get a complete fellowship now, especially with the hobbit stuff coming up. Don't get why it's so hard to do for these companies? The upcoming weta one is nice but far too small.

what do you mean? only 1 hobbit dio left after this for the complete fellowship. do not understand....

AWESOME statue.

To whoever wondered why Frodo has his hand up to his forehead - he's shielding himself from the gaze of Saurons eye, and Sam is infront protecting his master :yess:

I might have to pick this one up.

Looks fantastic! Can't wait to order this one.

Back