Statue Frodo and Sam Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hobbits Maquette

These look great. Folks are gonna be very happy IMO having these in their collection.

Gags I told you so :nana:

Here's one who won't be happy to have them because of the orc armor, thank you SS for ruining a collector's dream.. Of all the choices they could make (I would rather even have them with the clothes they are wearing on Sam's wedding!) they went with this, which had already been done. We wanted the hobbits, yes we craved for them but it should not have been in this way..

I understand the disappointment in the choice of Orc armor. Although if memory serves, Sideshow has done Frodo and Sam in Fellowship outfits in the 12" line. They did Fellowship Frodo in the PF line. They did Fellowship Frodo and Sam statues and busts back in the Sidehow/Weta days. They did a Frodo and Sam Mount Doom statue. But Sideshow has never done a representation of the two in Orc armor. It's not (in my opinion) the most iconic, representative look of the pair if you had to pick just one image, but it's an interesting design choice from the climactic film and it's worth Sideshow tackling it for the first and only time. (I think it's a more worthy choice than the Twilight Witch King, actually.) I personally think that the ultimate Frodo and Sam moment has already been done with the Mount Doom piece--so if they were looking for a different take with great detailing opportunities, this was an interesting if surprising choice.

I think it's a beautifully done piece based on this first image. The detail surpasses what we'd get with Shire clothing, and it captures the essence of Frodo's weary determination/obsession with his quest and Sam's courage and instinctive protection of Frodo. Sam's got one hand back to steady and reassure Frodo while he's otherwise focused on defending him. Meanwhile, Frodo's attention is elsewhere as he stares into the wheel of fire, drawing closer than ever. The costumes might not be iconic, but the overall design choices make this piece a really great representation of Frodo and Sam's relationship and quest.

and it fits with the 1/5 series. as i said if every piece was a museum pose like the PF line then this will be a problem, but it's not. They are all action poses/costumes directly from a scene (or scenes) in the movie, so this fits right in.

Now that i thought more about it, i actually like this more than the standard cloth, they look much more interesting and fans will know instantly from which movie scene that was from.

hoping for a good ex! josh that's your mission should you choose to accept, find out what the ex is :)

That may be classified info they can't give away yet. So no promises. You guys are gonna be so pleased with this piece, the Ringwraith, and the Witch-King.

I understand the disappointment in the choice of Orc armor. Although if memory serves, Sideshow has done Frodo and Sam in Fellowship outfits in the 12" line. They did Fellowship Frodo in the PF line. They did Fellowship Frodo and Sam statues and busts back in the Sidehow/Weta days. They did a Frodo and Sam Mount Doom statue. But Sideshow has never done a representation of the two in Orc armor. It's not (in my opinion) the most iconic, representative look of the pair if you had to pick just one image, but it's an interesting design choice from the climactic film and it's worth Sideshow tackling it for the first and only time. (I think it's a more worthy choice than the Twilight Witch King, actually.) I personally think that the ultimate Frodo and Sam moment has already been done with the Mount Doom piece--so if they were looking for a different take with great detailing opportunities, this was an interesting if surprising choice.

I think it's a beautifully done piece based on this first image. The detail surpasses what we'd get with Shire clothing, and it captures the essence of Frodo's weary determination/obsession with his quest and Sam's courage and instinctive protection of Frodo. Sam's got one hand back to steady and reassure Frodo while he's otherwise focused on defending him. Meanwhile, Frodo's attention is elsewhere as he stares into the wheel of fire, drawing closer than ever. The costumes might not be iconic, but the overall design choices make this piece a really great representation of Frodo and Sam's relationship and quest.

Totally agree with you Tom! I would prefer them wearing the fellowship clothes, but I think we may be glad because it is a BEAUTIFUL piece! :clap :clap :clap

Though I'll probably always hold a grudge against Sideshow for choosing the orc outfit for the maquette, I gotta admit that the sculpt itself looks nice, even great. There is only one way for Sideshow to redeem itself: Give us the remaining Hobbits in fellowhip attire as PF! :lecture All will be good then I promise!:wink1:

Initial impression: Not iconic, but definitely worth getting as both statues get representations not released before. Sam also looks a bit chubbier than need be in the face. Not sure how they plan to tackle any EX versions to this. Maybe separate arms holding their iconic helms???

Since Sam and Frodo are in their Orc armour for their part of the story i think SS should have Merry and pippin in their Gondor and Rohan armour, to finish the fellow ship

7947.jpg

9216.jpg

Yeah am in the majority here, piece looks great and I will buy it but prefer my hobbits pre-PTSD in general. I still vote for Merry and Pippin on the wall at Orthanc.

Back