Statue Frodo and Sam Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hobbits Maquette

What's all about those crappy mobile phone photos.
Nobody having a real camera nowadays?

I know right.

Now I would have liked Hobbit clothes but I don't mind orc armor either if it's supposed to represent Frodo throwing the ring in Mount Doom.
Pippin and Merry could still be wearing Hobbit clothes and then we'd have both.

Let's just enjoy this for what it is.

it must be some sick joke between collectibles companies, that NOT ONE will make the Fellowship in their Fellowship attire after all this time for collectors.

WTF. :pfft:

Boromir isn't wearing his Fellowship clothes, and that's probably my favorite piece in the line so far. Legolas is also not exactly in his FOTR costume. So these were never going to be matching FOTR pieces.

I'm quite glad to get a peek at a hobbit maquette. I would not have chosen the orc armor representation, but that gives them a more detailed final product, I guess. It's not the most iconic version of the characters, but given that the Mount Doom piece has already been made, this choice makes sense if you want to portray the struggle of the quest nearing its end in Return of the King. I think a piece showing the relationship of Frodo/Sam/Gollum would have been ideal, but I have been so anxious for any kind of hobbit news that I will just accept this for what it is and get ready to order it when the time comes. Can't wait for more pictures.

Boromir isn't wearing his Fellowship clothes, and that's probably my favorite piece in the line so far. Legolas is also not exactly in his FOTR costume. So these were never going to be matching FOTR pieces.

I'm quite glad to get a peek at a hobbit maquette. I would not have chosen the orc armor representation, but that gives them a more detailed final product, I guess. It's not the most iconic version of the characters, but given that the Mount Doom piece has already been made, this choice makes sense if you want to portray the struggle of the quest nearing its end in Return of the King. I think a piece showing the relationship of Frodo/Sam/Gollum would have been ideal, but I have been so anxious for any kind of hobbit news that I will just accept this for what it is and get ready to order it when the time comes. Can't wait for more pictures.

Boromir in his Gondor armor made sense, though. Boromir was a leader who did everything he could to help his city, which shows in the piece. Representing the Hobbit's journey and friendship isn't aided by having Orc Armor.

]
556973_479091352119374_1702919718_n.jpg

Looks pretty nice from that picture. Much better than the poopin' Pippin Hobbit representation from the original SSW. But if I was collecting this line, I wouldn't be happy that it's an orc armor version.

Well! not bad it will fit nice with Barad-Dur as background.

This looks nice! The amount of detail on the orc suit is brilliant. A def buy for me. This is like a diorama too with two characters in it, so the question is the price tag? Will this be considered one or two statues?

it must be some sick joke between collectibles companies, that NOT ONE will make the Fellowship in their Fellowship attire after all this time for collectors.

WTF. :pfft:

:rotfl :goodpost:

I like it though. Always loved the Hobbits in the Orc armor.

look who's complaining now? :lol

Although normal attire is preferred and it shows how out of touch sideshow is with their customer base, i really dont have a big issue with the orc armor either.

To me the 1/5 maquette line was never museum poses, all of them are action shots taken from a memorable moment in the movie for the character, frozen in time. Together they show different scenes in the movie, as such frodo/sam in orc armor is definitely one of those moments and I actually kind like it.

The sculpt itself is win, shows sam with sword out trying to protect frodo.

Pretty happy and will be ordering this.

Wonder what the exclusive will be. Switch out masked heads?

I remember when I bought the GG busts of Sam and Frodo in the Orc Armor back in the day. This is what I had always wanted from the Weta/SSW line.

Back