Frodo and Sam in nature

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome images and location, I wish I had interesting spots like that around. Please add these to the LOTR image thread, they'll shoot that one full of life.

Agreed; post them all in the official thread whenever you can! These are truly amazing shots; I'd love to see more! The LOTR forums has always gotten the short end of the stick when it comes to the photo treatment. Maybe if we fill up the forums with great images and our outspoken appreciation, Sideshow will start to get more enthused for the line and will start to pump out more figures! Come on people, let's get things moving!

Amazing shots! They look fantastic there, and the background doesn't look out of scale at all. :rock

I really need to pick these up when I get some more cash together. :lol

That's always a wonderful and welcome option; however I'm afraid demanding a price drop will be less effective than demonstrating a zeal for the line as we have it. I'd rather get more figures for a few bucks more than pay less to watch the line fizzle out. It's a tough trade-off, but I'm willing to risk it if it'll mean more figures. Anything to keep the line from ending is OK with me.

There is an easier way for them to revive the line. All they need to do is to drop the price! :D

For some the price might seem to high no matter what, but I know for some, it's the price and the pace of the line that makes them less appealing. If it was $70-$90 a figure but with 10 figures a year, a lot of people would probably buy up more, but at 2 a year and $90, and the possibility of even the Fellowship not being completed, it's hard to pull the trigger on these guys with everything else out there.

Great pictures. I don't collect the 12" figures. But, these 2 came out pretty good. Nice job on these SS.

I just desperately want to customize a set of these into Crack of Doom versions. I know they will rock when weathered to Hell, less layers of clothing and a great dirty repaint. :ducc

There are a couple good deals to be had on ebay like some guy selling the regs as a pair for $129. I can't wait to see COD versions of the to. Both with their lips chaped terribly and of course -1 finger.:D

Good likeness on the sculpt, added with the new sideshow body really brings out the best in the Frodo and Sam figs. Way to go SS!

Those are some seriously awesome pics, and the figures are nice too. The one thing that has always turned me off of 12 inch figures though are the articulation points. I understand that they have to be there, but the way they look just doesn't seem natural to me. If they are covered by clothing it's not too big a deal, it's just when you can actually see them is when it bothers me. But I might end up getting into the 12 inch line eventually anyway.

Thnaks again for all your comments !

Agreed; post them all in the official thread whenever you can! These are truly amazing shots; I'd love to see more!
Ok, in this topic "Official Sideshow 1/6 LOTR Image Thread" ?

And more ok, but more of this photo session, or with other characters and places ?

mr. pizza, you sure are one lucky guy. your location says montana, but you live in switzerland? two beautiful places on earth.
Lol, it's because there is also a place called Montana in Switzerland. :D

It's a ski station and golf. ;)

pizzaneo3tc6.jpg

Sorry for my poor english, I talk swiss-french lol. :D

Awesome pics. My only issue with those figures is that they should have painted the legs with hair or something to make them blend better with the feet and it might have hidden the joints a "little" better.

Back