Friday the 13th Part3 Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stupid blog, I guarantee you the majority of the members there are young dorky FvsJ fans. New school NECA poor boys. :lecture

I've also made up my mind, i'll pick up the regular version from my local supplier so I can have both versions displayed at all times. Jason from FvsJ can take a hike.

When did the exclusive sell out? I work in a toy store so I had to work 12 hours yesterday. I'm really bummed I missed out on it, this is the one thing I've been looking forward too all year.

When did the exclusive sell out? I work in a toy store so I had to work 12 hours yesterday. I'm really bummed I missed out on it, this is the one thing I've been looking forward too all year.

If I remeber correctly it went up exactly at 9:00 p.m. PST and officially sold out at around 6:00 a.m. PST

Sorry you missed out :(

I gave them this. I dont have it in me to be overly hateful---but....

Wow. So Sideshow finally releases what is sure to be the best Jason Voorhees collectible for the public (and not some privately commissioned piece) and all people can seem to do is complain about everything from a “cartoony” look to awkward body proportions, to the price tag? Wow.

First–let’s talk about this “cartoony” bit of nonsense. The artist involved in this project is obviously a huge fan. Most likely far more attentive to the actual film, and its details, than most of the moaner fan boys complaining about it. No piece of art is perfect, but I would say the same folks crying about this item also lamented the inaccuracies of Hot Toys’ 1987 Predator. Another Masterpiece. This portrait is very excellent and on a par with Mike Hill’s Wolfman pf or Andy B.’s Lugosi Dracula pf. Awesome.

If you want to see where the artist came up with such “awkward” hand gestures and body proportions—try watching the bloody movie! Towards the end of the film–at the loft (in the barn scene) Jason has his hands in almost the exact pose while he is trying to get Kris. Its also evident downstairs when he swings the machete at her and gets it stuck in the wood beam holding the barn doors shut. Give it a view!

Second–price point. In an economy where it costs $60 to fill your gas tank just so you can drive to and from work every week…$279.99 for an exclusive with this many added extras is quite a steal. So for those of you crying about pricing—perhaps trying to save from now until April of 2011 when its released might calm your fears about laying out that “huge” a sum of cash.
Pay $50 for an action figure the size of an army man, or save $220 more and buy this masterpiece? No contest. I would feed the Revoltech to my dog. It might be better after it comes out of his digestive system and is a steaming pile on the rug. Its an overpriced, overproduced g.i. joe sized trinket. There’s no comparison.

Such statements are either coming from adults with “sour grapes” mentality over the fact that they can’t or wont buy one. Or they are coming from kids who cannot afford one yet. To the latter I say this: just wait. One day you will grow up, get a job, and be able to buy one. To the former–I am speechless. Dont rain one everybody else’s parade with your parade of negative comments. Just go watch Xena or Buffy. You’ll feel better afterwards.

I gave them this. I dont have it in me to be overly hateful---but....

Wow. So Sideshow finally releases what is sure to be the best Jason Voorhees collectible for the public (and not some privately commissioned piece) and all people can seem to do is complain about everything from a “cartoony” look to awkward body proportions, to the price tag? Wow.

First–let’s talk about this “cartoony” bit of nonsense. The artist involved in this project is obviously a huge fan. Most likely far more attentive to the actual film, and its details, than most of the moaner fan boys complaining about it. No piece of art is perfect, but I would say the same folks crying about this item also lamented the inaccuracies of Hot Toys’ 1987 Predator. Another Masterpiece. This portrait is very excellent and on a par with Mike Hill’s Wolfman pf or Andy B.’s Lugosi Dracula pf. Awesome.

If you want to see where the artist came up with such “awkward” hand gestures and body proportions—try watching the bloody movie! Towards the end of the film–at the loft (in the barn scene) Jason has his hands in almost the exact pose while he is trying to get Kris. Its also evident downstairs when he swings the machete at her and gets it stuck in the wood beam holding the barn doors shut. Give it a view!

Second–price point. In an economy where it costs $60 to fill your gas tank just so you can drive to and from work every week…$279.99 for an exclusive with this many added extras is quite a steal. So for those of you crying about pricing—perhaps trying to save from now until April of 2011 when its released might calm your fears about laying out that “huge” a sum of cash.
Pay $50 for an action figure the size of an army man, or save $220 more and buy this masterpiece? No contest. I would feed the Revoltech to my dog. It might be better after it comes out of his digestive system and is a steaming pile on the rug. Its an overpriced, overproduced g.i. joe sized trinket. There’s no comparison.

Such statements are either coming from adults with “sour grapes” mentality over the fact that they can’t or wont buy one. Or they are coming from kids who cannot afford one yet. To the latter I say this: just wait. One day you will grow up, get a job, and be able to buy one. To the former–I am speechless. Dont rain one everybody else’s parade with your parade of negative comments. Just go watch Xena or Buffy. You’ll feel better afterwards.
PERFECT!!! :exactly::goodpost::lecture:lecture:lecture

I'm new to this forum but with the release of one of my all time favorite characters in PF I felt it was as good a time as any to chime in.

First off, let me say that I'm on order for both the Exclusive as well as the Regular version of this PF and am absolutely ecstatic to be getting this piece - it is a dream-come-true for me. But with that said here is something I hope will change between now and the final product release in the 2nd quarter . . .

11ajpuf.jpg

the vertical holes at the mouth are pretty badly placed. The sculptor may have had a David Miller hockey mask in his possession when he made the hock for this piece as DM's hocks have this exact same inherent flaw. The right side of the picture is the more accurate improvement I'd like to see. Other than that . . this piece ROCKS!

Some may see this as nitpicking but when you think about it this improvement really is vital to Jason's overall look of the head and when dealing with any figure (illustration or figure or otherwise) the head is one of the most important aspects and usually the first place you look (female figures not withstanding).

Here's hoping the sculptor (and/or Sideshow) is keeping their eye on this thread and they make this small but significant change.

Personally I never understood giving two cruds what people at another forum that I don't post at think. I think we here at sideshow freaks are Reps of this site. If we find a need to defend something then we should make intelligent arguments and not act like trolls. I read through the post and did not think it the statue was being hated on that much. There were a couple complaining a tad too much but thats what all these pieces go through. There were some that were very excited about this piece.

Is the new Jason PF perfect?? Lets be honest. No. If you put up a photo of the movie right next to the PF there would be all sorts of small issues. But thats the way pretty much all statues are. The question is, how bad are the issues and can you live with them. I love my Raiders Indiana Jones but there are some problems with the sculpt and clothing. But none of it is enough to keep me from owning a great statue of one of my fav. characters. Personally I think there has been one perfect sculpt and thats of Arnold as Conan. The face and body are perfect. However I could even nit pick and say that he needs a more intence look on his face. He is also not true 1/4 scale. But again i lov e it.

I keep comining back to this thread because I am on the fence. I don't hate the statue as a whole. I was not in love with the EX but find the reg edition tempting because thats how I would display it. If i owned the Ex I would be tempted to flip and thats not why i buy these things.

Anyways I guess I am saying that all of this stuff is about opinions. Why do we care what some guys over at another forum think? I think that us freaks are better then that.

Last edited:
Personally I never understood giving two cruds what people at another forum that I don't post at think. I think we here at sideshow freaks are Reps of this site. If we find a need to defend something then we should make intelligent arguments and not act like trolls. I read through the post and did not think it the statue was being hated on that much. There were a couple complaining a tad too much but thats what all these pieces go through. There were some that were very excited about this piece.

Is the new Jason PF perfect?? Lets be honest. No. If you put up a photo of the movie right next to the PF there would be all sorts of small issues. But thats the way pretty much all statues are. The question is, how bad are the issues and can you live with them. I love my Raiders Indiana Jones but there are some problems with the sculpt and clothing. But none of it is enough to keep me from owning a great statue of one of my fav. characters. Personally I think there has been on perfect sculpt and thats of Arnold as Conan. The face and body are perfect. However I could even nit pick and say that he needs a more intence look on his face. He is also not true 1/4 scale. But again i lov e it.

I keep comining back to this thread because I am on the fence. I don't hate the statue as a whole. I was not in love with the EX but find the reg edition tempting because thats how I would display it. If i owned the Ex I would be tempted to flip and thats not why i buy these things.

Anyways I guess I am saying that all of this stuff is about opinions. Why do we care what some guys over at another forum think? I think that us freaks are better then that.

PRETTY SURE YOU'RE A SPY FROM OVERTHERE.

J/K :nana:

Is the new Jason PF perfect?? Lets be honest. No. If you put up a photo of the movie right next to the PF there would be all sorts of small issues. But thats the way pretty much all statues are. The question is, how bad are the issues and can you live with them. I love my Raiders Indiana Jones but there are some problems with the sculpt and clothing. But none of it is enough to keep me from owning a great statue of one of my fav. characters. Personally I think there has been on perfect sculpt and thats of Arnold as Conan. The face and body are perfect. However I could even nit pick and say that he needs a more intence look on his face. He is also not true 1/4 scale. But again i lov e it.

I was just following orders from my Elite brother, Shai. :dunno

I'm new to this forum but with the release of one of my all time favorite characters in PF I felt it was as good a time as any to chime in.

First off, let me say that I'm on order for both the Exclusive as well as the Regular version of this PF and am absolutely ecstatic to be getting this piece - it is a dream-come-true for me. But with that said here is something I hope will change between now and the final product release in the 2nd quarter . . .

11ajpuf.jpg

the vertical holes at the mouth are pretty badly placed. The sculptor may have had a David Miller hockey mask in his possession when he made the hock for this piece as DM's hocks have this exact same inherent flaw. The right side of the picture is the more accurate improvement I'd like to see. Other than that . . this piece ROCKS!

Some may see this as nitpicking but when you think about it this improvement really is vital to Jason's overall look of the head and when dealing with any figure (illustration or figure or otherwise) the head is one of the most important aspects and usually the first place you look (female figures not withstanding).

Here's hoping the sculptor (and/or Sideshow) is keeping their eye on this thread and they make this small but significant change.

I have been staring at these two pics like a "spot the difference" challenge. I guess I lose because I really cant tell a difference. Also--there is way to much fussing over this mask. There were probably a half dozen of those masks made for that film, and I am sure they arent all identical. I destinctly remember watching one Friday the 13th where the mask's chevrons kept disappearing and reappearing and changing.

I could see if all of the fuss were over a bold inconsistency not in the film(such as if they had added hair to the piece). But the holes thing has lost me altogether.:monkey3

Back