Friday the 13th Part3 Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something special I'm working on (or rather continuing work on) for Famcon. Full reveal at the show.

NewAxeWoundedHandampMaskWIP.jpg

Mask in progress.

Looks like a part 4 mask after the shower scene am I right?

The shower scene is the mask I'm going for, yes. My idea for the piece is to depict Jason just after the axe blow to the head, before the nightmare segment of him unmasked and bloody running from the house to the lake. My "Bloody Nightmare" custom will feature the bloody, wounded head, this mask (shower scene paint up) lying at his feet, and the bloody axe in his hand like he just removed it from his head.

:goodpost:

Wow you must be such an expert on these things. I had no idea until I compared it to a picture of the actual axe from a scene of part III.

I have obsessed over it more than is clinically healthy. I always wondered why Sideshow did their axe the way they did. I figured they just up-scaled the 1/6 axe they used for the 12" Jasons. I've never seen a real axe that looks like this though.

9F4A8CAE-6CAA-4EB8-8111-D4C0F8C79457-5284-000002495BA4F664_zps65a0e494.jpg

Last edited:
The shower scene is the mask I'm going for, yes. My idea for the piece is to depict Jason just after the axe blow to the head, before the nightmare segment of him unmasked and bloody running from the house to the lake. My "Bloody Nightmare" custom will feature the bloody, wounded head, this mask (shower scene paint up) lying at his feet, and the bloody axe in his hand like he just removed it from his head.

Ah I knew it! :yess:

The bloody custom sounds good!

I have obsessed over it more than is clinically healthy. I always wondered why Sideshow did their axe the way they did. I figured they just up-scaled the 1/6 axe they used for the 12" Jasons. I've never seen a real axe that looks like that though.

Well it's sideshow they do not care about accuracy :lol

I wanted to do a shower scene mask so that I could enjoy this piece as a part 4 when he wears it as well.

In all fairness, I think they do care much more today than they seemed to before. However, by the time something is revealed, it may have already been started two or more years ago, so I would expect to see much more accuracy from them as time moves forward. During my time painting for them, I saw several things I thought looked really good already, but when I saw the final reveal, they had improved it even more. So, they do care. Sometimes logistics interfere though.

In all fairness, I think they do care much more today than they seemed to before. However, by the time something is revealed, it may have already been started two or more years ago, so I would expect to see much more accuracy from them as time moves forward. During my time painting for them, I saw several things I thought looked really good already, but when I saw the final reveal, they had improved it even more. So, they do care. Sometimes logistics interfere though.

:goodpost:

Wow thanks for the information, I had no idea about any of those things, especially when you said things were better once the project was finished even though they looked fine to begin with. The part about logistics getting in the way would explain why they give off the impression that they do not care about accuracy in their products even though they do.

I can say to the degree it's out of their control, but, no, they never choose to do bad paint jobs.

I think choose was the wrong word, no one would want to choose to do a bad paint job, unless they were nuts. I think what I meant was they do they don't take the effort to try and fix the problem of China putting out bad paint jobs. However, you said it is out of their control.

Last edited:
Part 4 mask (minus straps) with part 3 blood streak to the side.

This little thing took me about 13 hours to paint as screen accurately as I could with nothing but screen caps and other people's replicas to go by.

ShowerMask02.jpg

ShowerMask01.jpg

ShowerMask03.jpg

Back