Friday the 13th Part3 Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anytime you get a reppacement card you need to call SSC and explain it to them that's your previous CC was stolen. They actually put a comment on your next order charged (you can do that on a renewal card too). If there are any hiccups, they will contact u first before canceling your order.

The blame can't always be on SSC.

They need to remember this as their business wanes and people stop buying as many collectibles. Their golden age is far over and it's partly because you have to jump through a ton of hoops for the "privilege" of owning one of their products.
I've long argued that one of the best things about Sideshow, despite their 1/6th scale figures being a few generations behind Hot Toys, and the hit-or-miss nature of their production paint apps on their awesomely sculpted statues, was customer service. They always seemed very reasonable, helpful, and interested in doing right by their customers. This whole situation with Jason (and Iron Man special project--where a couple of looooong-time Sideshow buyers and supporters got hosed) leaves a really bad taste in my mouth. I don't get it. I guess it's related to the bottom line, but at what cost of good will from those collectors who get their exclusives canceled? I guess I'm beating a dead horse, but I really feel for those of you who really wanted this and won't be able to have it, and then might not even get your NRD back, for something that is difficult (and in some cases impossible) to avoid.
They actually put a comment on your next order charged (you can do that on a renewal card too). If there are any hiccups, they will contact u first before canceling your order.
The problem is a new policy by Sideshow where any hiccups result in cancellation of your order for rare exclusives. This happened with special project Iron Man and this statue.

Can any of you guys who have received it confirm the weight of the statue? Sideshow's site says 10 lbs. Gonna clear off space for tonight, and I'd like to put it on a glass DETOLF shelf if it's under 13 lbs.

2 more days!!!! :panic: :panic: :panic:

Though my tracking info still says:

Cerritos, CA, United States 07/30/2011 1:30 A.M. Departure Scan

:monkey2

Can any of you guys who have received it confirm the weight of the statue? Sideshow's site says 10 lbs. Gonna clear off space for tonight, and I'd like to put it on a glass DETOLF shelf if it's under 13 lbs.

2 more days!!!! :panic: :panic: :panic:

my tracking has weight of box as 18.1 lbs/8.2 kg

Anytime you get a reppacement card you need to call SSC and explain it to them that's your previous CC was stolen. They actually put a comment on your next order charged (you can do that on a renewal card too). If there are any hiccups, they will contact u first before canceling your order.

While i completley understand where you're coming from we ALL ordered this piece 8+ months ago. We ALL have been waiting for this piece...and when the day comes to finally secure the coveted statue, Sideshow cancels the order over a hiccup without thinking twice and without taking 30 seconds to give a phone call sucks donkey balls.

While i completley understand where you're coming from we ALL ordered this piece 8+ months ago. We ALL have been waiting for this piece...and when the day comes to finally secure the coveted statue, Sideshow cancels the order over a hiccup without thinking twice and without taking 30 seconds to give a phone call sucks donkey balls.

Agreed. Poor donkeys.:monkey2:monkey2:monkey1:peace

Last edited:
Well, I have officially given up on my WL and I've secured an order for the regular version (at a nice discount!).

If you read all of the accounts in this thread, you'd see that all of these issues occured when people DID call in and notify Sideshow of a changed card and they didn't update it accordingly.

:lol:lol:lol WTF?!? You have obviously NOT been paying any attention AT ALL!!! Comin' into this joint and start flappin' your gums like that? :lol:lol:lol

2 more days!!!! :panic: :panic:

detolfShelf30lbs.jpg

Mine will be here today. Will post some non flash pics this afternoon for the European guys and around lunch time for the American dudes .
Thanks Guys, I am so ampt, This weekend i will post EPIC photos. I got my old mans photography sony camera and I am going to do a killer photoshoot. :)

So give me till this wkend ...
NOICE!!! Looking forward to it, brothers! :rock
There is no disagreement that my new card info is on file, only that when I updated it (by calling) that they updated my account, but not any specific orders.

In this case it is like being given $30 store credit to use. I replied to the email I got back pushing the card update issue.

I'll update with a response, but for now it is off to work to get my mind off this for a bit
Precisely what happened to me. I changed my cc info with them, and they failed to change it for every single order. It was their glitch, not ours! Once again, proving how absurdly idiotic and arrogant this canceling policy is!
Here's another story of what these stupid policies are doing to collectors:

They need to remember this as their business wanes and people stop buying as many collectibles. Their golden age is far over and it's partly because you have to jump through a ton of hoops for the "privilege" of owning one of their products.
:exactly::goodpost: Exactly what I'm now feeling through this whole fiasco. This is a huge spit in the face to folks that have spent tens of thousands of dollars on their products over the years. Bull____, I tells ya! :mad:

Nice display Barbarian! :lol
:lol Thanks! Those weights have been on there for a couple months now. I just wanted to prove to so many non-believers that Detolfs truly have some serious excelsior!
Nice pics on the other SF are really selling me. Only a matter of time now before I press the order button.
Damn, I gotta go check that out!!!

Back