Friday the 13th Part XIII: Jason Vs. Jarvis in 3D.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It won't be the 13th sequel story, but the 13th movie.

Jason Takes Manhatten = movie 8

Jason Goes to Hell = movie 9

Jason X = movie 10

Jason vs. Freddy = movie 11

Jason remake = movie 12

Is nobody else excited about this, if it happens. I'm totally stoked if it really goes through. As much as I love Jason, after part 6, the sequels all sucked, both stories and characters, totally departing from realism (undead guy excluded). FvJ was more of a Freddy movie with Jason in it, so it gets a pass, and the remake Jason isn't the Jason I love though it's a fair movie. I can't even watch the rest anymore.

I've always wished they'd pick up the story again from part 6, or remake that sequel bringing back Feldman as Tommy. Say what you will about Feldman, but if he stepped back into the role of the only character to ever really put Jason down (twice if you count part 6), then I'm all over that, even if they restart form part 4.

I understand FVJ was a crossover movie for the fans. But the way I take the films, it more A nightmare On Elm Street part 7 with special guest Jason Voorhees (New Nightmare doesn't count). It shows more of a continuation from Nightmare sequels than F13. Just the intro shows that, that fact that the majority takes place in Springwood Ohio, and somehow was able to take a quick drive to Crystal Lake in New Jersey:cuckoo:. But yeah, for me it's a nightmare sequel.

For me it's a Marvel Comics What IF? equivalent. :lol But with that long winded post, I don't think Surfer realized they're calling it Friday the 13th Part XIII, which is inconsistent with the sequels, which was my point. You can't get to 13 without 11 and 12. If that's what they're doing, then you can already guess how ****ing stupid this movie is gonna be. Anybody who saw Lost Boys 2 knows how good a movie turns out when Feldman is that much involved. :monkey1

Seems like this would have pretty limited appeal to relatively hardcore fans of the old series that even remember the specifics of Feldman's character. Because of that, it's hard for me to imagine a studio really going after this as a major motion picture. Maybe a direct-to-DVD type thing.

I can understand the skepticism with this idea, but like a lot of others, I'd be down for a rematch between Jarvis and Jason.

Although the reboot was far from perfect ("perfect nipple placement"), I still enjoyed it and thought they got a lot right in melding Fridays I through IV (liked seeing the wheelchair in the wall of his underground lair, for example) along with bringing some new stuff in, like Jason setting traps and so on. Shame that Platnium Dunes decided a sequel wasn't worthwhile. Was looking forward to the possibility of seeing Jason in a snowy environment.

For me it's a Marvel Comics What IF? equivalent. :lol... Anybody who saw Lost Boys 2 knows how good a movie turns out when Feldman is that much involved. :monkey1
Ugh, yeah... even the cover of that POS was enough that I knew I didn't want to bother watching it.

Seems like this would have pretty limited appeal to relatively hardcore fans of the old series that even remember the specifics of Feldman's character. Because of that, it's hard for me to imagine a studio really going after this as a major motion picture. Maybe a direct-to-DVD type thing.
Yeah, these two posts together were enough to kill whatever hope I had. :lol

Have you seen Lost Boys 2? :lol

can't be worst that parts 8 9 and X (which is the movies Kane did oddly enough) it is kinda funny that the movies Kane did were the worst ones of the franchise (besides 7)

Whatever Corey does with this Jason cannot be worst than Jason goes to hell because that is the lowest the franchise ever got. Nothing anyone does will ever be as crap as that movie. that is the bottom of the barrel

My feelings on the franchise echo Silent Surfer's, though I also enjoyed the remake. I would be interested in a sequel made with this as the approach, it would just seem very odd as a focus for a major film release.

can't be worst that parts 8 9 and X (which is the movies Kane did oddly enough) it is kinda funny that the movies Kane did were the worst ones of the franchise (besides 7)

Whatever Corey does with this Jason cannot be worst than Jason goes to hell because that is the lowest the franchise ever got. Nothing anyone does will ever be as crap as that movie. that is the bottom of the barrel

Sorry, but Jason X is at the very bottom of the barrel for me, followed by part 8. JGTH has it's troubles yes, but that movie had more of classic "Paramount Era" feel to it. I have grown to like it more over the years much like A New Beginning.

Sorry, but Jason X is at the very bottom of the barrel for me, followed by part 8. JGTH has it's troubles yes, but that movie had more of classic "Paramount Era" feel to it. I have grown to like it more over the years much like A New Beginning.

:lol yeah well that also goes with what I said, nothing Corey does with this new idea would be worst than those movies

Well the only real people that can make this interesting and maybe even good would come down to who writes it and who'll direct it. Corey doesn't mean anything. Yeah it's kinda cool to see him return but not necessary. For me, the deal breaker would be if Joe Zito takes helm. If he's directing it , I'll be there.

I disagree. From "Jason's ghost" jumping from body to body with no Jason whatsoever until the last 10 minutes, to the souls shooting out of him at the end, JGTH was far more New Line than Jason X which had some great kills and most importantly a real Jason throughout even if he was a cyborg for the last act. :lol

Sorry, but I rather take a possessing Jason over Jason in the future, in space, in a space shuttle turning into a cyborg. Good kill scenes? The only one that stood out was the face in the liquid nitrogen. I understand the major downfall was not having Jason throughout the whole movie but what really can you do with the franchise at that point to keep it "fresh". Besides Jason "absence" kills were good, setting felt like it was back around Crystal Lake area even the music felt classic.

I didn't know they made a Lost Boys 3 let alone talks of a fourth. :lol The second one was barely watchable.

picture.php

Have you seen Lost Boys 2? :lol

No, but I've heard.

I understand FVJ was a crossover movie for the fans. But the way I take the films, it more A nightmare On Elm Street part 7 with special guest Jason Voorhees (New Nightmare doesn't count). It shows more of a continuation from Nightmare sequels than F13. Just the intro shows that, that fact that the majority takes place in Springwood Ohio, and somehow was able to take a quick drive to Crystal Lake in New Jersey:cuckoo:. But yeah, for me it's a nightmare sequel.

:exactly:

For me it's a Marvel Comics What IF? equivalent. :lol But with that long winded post, I don't think Surfer realized they're calling it Friday the 13th Part XIII, which is inconsistent with the sequels, which was my point. You can't get to 13 without 11 and 12. If that's what they're doing, then you can already guess how ****ing stupid this movie is gonna be. Anybody who saw Lost Boys 2 knows how good a movie turns out when Feldman is that much involved. :monkey1

I didn't know it was going to be called part XIII. Yes, that makes no sense. I thought it was just going to be Jason vs Jarvis. Not a great title, but to the point and acceptable.

Back